6. Rutherglen
7. Barnawartha
8. Wahgunyah
9. Chiltern
10. Mitta United
11. Dederang Mt Beauty
12. Wodonga Saints

Thoughts?

My prediction this early based on recruiting and losses to date. pretty open at the moment, but plenty of time for clubs to gain a key player or two which could be difference of playing finals and not.

1. Yack
2. B'Worth
3. T'gatta
4. KSC
5. R'glen
6. Chiltern
7. Wahgunyah
8. Thurgoona
9. Mitta
10. Barny
11. DMB
12. Wod Saints

My prediction this early based on recruiting and losses to date. pretty open at the moment, but plenty of time for clubs to gain a key player or two which could be difference of playing finals and not.

1. Yack
2. B'Worth
3. T'gatta
4. KSC
5. R'glen
6. Chiltern
7. Wahgunyah
8. Thurgoona
9. Mitta
10. Barny
11. DMB
12. Wod Saints

Yeah thats what I base mine on as well offthebench, I can see (at the min) 11 of the 12 teams making the finals. As far as the Wodonga Saints is concerned, I just pray that they are competitive otherwise it'll be another long year for them.

Yack
Thurgoona
Beechworth
Barny
Tallangatta
Mitta
Kiewa
Wahgunyah
Ruhterglen
Chiltern
DMB
Wodonga

Id say there is a lot going on at clubs that most people and definately i wouldn't know about so until we see the teams shape up closer to the season this all just speculation.

Yack
Thurgoona
Beechworth
Barny
Tallangatta
Mitta
Kiewa
Wahgunyah
Ruhterglen
Chiltern
DMB
Wodonga

Id say there is a lot going on at clubs that most people and definately i wouldn't know about so until we see the teams shape up closer to the season this all just speculation.

Yack
Beechworth
Barny
thurgoona
Wahgunyah
Mitta
Chiltern
Kiewa
tallangatta
Ruhterglen
DMB
Wodonga

1 Yack
2 Beechworth
3 Tallangatta
4 Chiltern
5 Kiewa
6 Thurgoona
7 Barny
8 Rutherglen
9 Mitta
10 DMB
11 Wahgunyah
12 Saints

I think it will tighten up this season. So lets hope we have a one

Welcome back TC. I hear those "duds" at the TDFL have missed an opportunity to promote their players, clubs and TDFL football at the mecca of football in Aldonga - Lavington Sports Oval..? What a great showpiece this would have been. Surely they already have an interleague game rostered for 2010..? Pity they are so lazy... I hear the resurgent O&KFL is eyeing-off their spot on the invitation list..?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1 Yack
2 Beechworth
3 Tallangatta
4 Chiltern
5 Kiewa
6 Thurgoona
7 Barny
8 Rutherglen
9 Mitta
10 DMB
11 Wahgunyah
12 Saints

I think it will tighten up this season. So lets hope we have a one

1yack
2thurgoona
3tallangatta
4wahgunyah
5mitta
6beechworth
7kiewa
8chiltern
9rutherglen
10barny
11dederang mount beauty
12if u can call them a side.saints!

lets hope the saints have all of their juniors stepping up from the grand final side to play seniors to make them half competetive

welcome back tc. I hear those "duds" at the tdfl have missed an opportunity to promote their players, clubs and tdfl football at the mecca of football in aldonga - lavington sports oval..? What a great showpiece this would have been. Surely they already have an interleague game rostered for 2010..? Pity they are so lazy... I hear the resurgent o&kfl is eyeing-off their spot on the invitation list..?

mate,your a complete knob jockey, get ya facts right before you start your shit on here again - you are a serious wally...........think you know everything about the game and whats better for it!! You are that far from the truth it's funny.
P.s. - no one is interested in watching ovens and king alex - just your ego !! Get a life

Todd Miller set to leave Thurgoona and sign with Holbrook over the weekend! surely that would put huge dent in Thurgoona's chances of climbing the ladder this year.

1yack
2thurgoona
3tallangatta
4wahgunyah
5mitta
6beechworth
7kiewa
8chiltern
9rutherglen
10barny
11dederang mount beauty
12if u can call them a side.saints!

lets hope the saints have all of their juniors stepping up from the grand final side to play seniors to make them half competetive

Wouldnt expect much out off that lot from what i've seen if they where they best, your u/17's are going way down

Was told the bulk of their side was leaving for other clubs with a number following Butters to Walwa. Hopefully for their sake it doesnt occur.:thumbsu:

Really worried about the saints prospects for the year. Have also heard alot have gone to Walwa with Butters but also lost alot to Murray Magpies with Romeril. Not good signs with prospective coaches constantly rejecting their overtures and the one they did get to sign has already packed it in.
For the league to be healthy we need a stronger saints and thurgoona side as they are both big markets.

I can't believe that everyone thinks that Rutherglen & Chiltern are going to improve so much! The top 3-5 last year was so much ahead of the rest last year that the rest would need to do more major recruiting and hope the others lose players to catch up dramatically.
In saying that hear is my pre season pick of the ladder this year.

Yack
Tallangatta
Beechworth
Kiewa
Thugoona
_________
Wahgunyah
Barnawatha
DMB
Mitta
Rutherglen
Chiltern
Saints

I can't believe that everyone thinks that Rutherglen & Chiltern are going to improve so much! The top 3-5 last year was so much ahead of the rest last year that the rest would need to do more major recruiting and hope the others lose players to catch up dramatically.
In saying that hear is my pre season pick of the ladder this year.

Yack
Tallangatta
Beechworth
Kiewa
Thugoona
_________
Wahgunyah
Barnawatha
DMB
Mitta
Rutherglen
Chiltern
Saints[/quote

Agree with you on that, i would have barny as a bit off a surpise this year but.

This dision was made by the clubs.TheO@M need the Tallangatta and Hume leagues to boost their failing interleague crowds. If you went and had a look at last years game (June long weekend) Tall /Hume you would see were all the support for country football comes from. Lets see if we can get together next year before all the draws and membership are all printed up.That way it will be set up by all the leagues and not just one.We ALL may have to give a bit to make it work.

Todd Miller set to leave Thurgoona and sign with Holbrook over the weekend! surely that would put huge dent in Thurgoona's chances of climbing the ladder this year.

Apparently so!! Another top-liner also likely to leave so Thurgoona may be in a bit of strife in terms of their 2010 finals prospects.

On the Todd Miller issue, as he is a contracted player, I'm curious to what contracts actually mean these days? It seems they are great from the players prospective...sign up with set $/game and if a better offer comes along or you change your mind you pack up and leave without any troubles (or is there still difficulty in doing this)... thoughts?

Apparently so!! Another top-liner also likely to leave so Thurgoona may be in a bit of strife in terms of their 2010 finals prospects.

On the Todd Miller issue, as he is a contracted player, I'm curious to what contracts actually mean these days? It seems they are great from the players prospective...sign up with set $/game and if a better offer comes along or you change your mind you pack up and leave without any troubles (or is there still difficulty in doing this)... thoughts?

If he is contracted to Thurgoona he will struggle to get a clearance as i'd say that they would see him as a required player, plus i am sure they will try and make him honour that contract.
But then again contracts don't seem to be worth the paper they are written on these days to some players.

Remove this Banner Ad

2010 Season Begins

Remove this Banner Ad

Back