2010 Season Begins

Remove this Banner Ad

apparently he had his own presentation night at three monkey tavern... invited his 20 odd of his favorite players and gave out his own awards... But didn't go to the clubs presentation and present...:confused:

Maybe if they get a new coach he will turn up to all functions and bring some professionalism to the position, with a premiership thirds team and finally a fourths this year, maybe a great base for a new coach to come in and shake things up a bit.:thumbsu:

Only thing wrong with the first part of your comment is he didn't have 20 players that liked him.
He thinks he is a lot better than he is, but his record speaks for itself, Beechworth didn't make finals when he coached and with practically the same personnel they made the GF this year, with the Saints, he won 1 game and wasn't really competitive all year. Admittedly the Saints didn't have a great side but this year is the worst they have been.

Your second comment is spot on, he was the kind of coach who took his payment (which was way over the top) and nicked off straight after the awards every week. He was at maybe 2 functions all year but really didn't put much back into the club. At training he let the Captain or assistants take over 80% of the nights, while he stood in the middle of the ground doing sweet FA. All I can say is that the club is better off without him.

ex raiders co-coach paul twycross to head the coaching panel for dederang in 2010, looking for a good core group of players so take with him aswell?? anyone know about this? and looks like tallangatta could be struggling next year, with strong rumours of money and coaching issues. Handsford would be 1st in line for the job you would think as many of the players like him

On the money Albert, Tallangatta job was advertised in the paper on the weekend. Anyone know what happened ?

Yes i know what happened, its time to spend time with his young family after 10 years or so coaching after straight from playing. I believe it is called retirement......
Time to pass the baton and could not have left the club in better shape. These money rumours are totally wrong, the club is financial and has a loyal band of supportors and workers. Good job for someone looking to coach with great facilities and great player base. I congratulate Darren on his career, time for him to enjoy life after footy.

Any truth that you guys have picked up McGlynn Whiterod, and Kohlhagen from walla Run Straight or Almost Done. If so fantastic pick ups that could see the Bulldogs as one of the genuine Premiership threats :thumbsu::thumbsu:

ex raiders co-coach paul twycross to head the coaching panel for dederang in 2010, looking for a good core group of players so take with him aswell?? anyone know about this? and looks like tallangatta could be struggling next year, with strong rumours of money and coaching issues. Handsford would be 1st in line for the job you would think as many of the players like him

Travis 'One wing' Hansford no chance of coaching. He too will become dedicated family and working man, hence the duck has been retired. Such a shame. Alot to offer a young group like Tallangatta on and off the field. 'Quack Quack'. Wasnt Damien Jones an assistant this yr. Perhaps hes next in line........:D

Travis 'One wing' Hansford no chance of coaching. He too will become dedicated family and working man, hence the duck has been retired. Such a shame. Alot to offer a young group like Tallangatta on and off the field. 'Quack Quack'. Wasnt Damien Jones an assistant this yr. Perhaps hes next in line........:D
Jonesy ha!

Any truth that you guys have picked up McGlynn Whiterod, and Kohlhagen from walla Run Straight or Almost Done. If so fantastic pick ups that could see the Bulldogs as one of the genuine Premiership threats :thumbsu::thumbsu:

i had also heard former culcairn forwards dallas lodge and chad willis were heading to the kennel, nop, spoke to roly kolhagen on friday, and he said he had not spoken to the dogs as of yet but that gooba had.. as for whiterod, not sure..

Apart from Tallangatta there are a few others who haven't announced coaches yet. Would be getting a bit nervous without a coach and silly season in full swing.
If true that Dederang have signed Twycross, it leaves:
Tallangatta.
Wahgunyah.
Wodonga.
Kiewa
without coaches. Anyone know anything ?

Apart from Tallangatta there are a few others who haven't announced coaches yet. Would be getting a bit nervous without a coach and silly season in full swing.
Tallangatta.
Wahgunyah.
Wodonga.
Kiewa

Ken Stephenson front runner at Wahgunyah may even be over the line

Before the new season begins it would show some degree of leadership if the League Executive came out and said they would trial a Final in Wodonga. Did anyone bother to do the maths..? GF gate-takings in the O&KFL have increased a massive 32% in the past 5 years of playing in Wangaratta!

think it is time you go and cut a few loads of wood or something Alex... get out from behind your desk, you have way too much time on your hands.

Tallangatta.
Wahgunyah.
Wodonga.
Kiewa

I believe KSC were negatiating their coaching position with Josh Bartel last weekend. Haven't heard since how talks went. Handy player but he wouldn't be my choice as coach but that's just my opinion.

if its the ken stevenson i know he did the bench at jindera for the past 2 seasons, will make a great coach is as hard as they come and doesnt tolerate any crap. All as i can say is that they will be extremelly fit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if its the ken stevenson i know he did the bench at jindera for the past 2 seasons, will make a great coach is as hard as they come and doesnt tolerate any crap. All as i can say is that they will be extremelly fit.

Thats the one take it from me they will be fit but they will also be dizzy with the amount of rotations Kenny loves to do :D:D wonder if he will take his love child with him #12:p

I believe KSC were negatiating their coaching position with Josh Bartel last weekend. Haven't heard since how talks went. Handy player but he wouldn't be my choice as coach but that's just my opinion.

Sunny- Maybe the board feels he can bring some players with him? Are there any other candidates? Whose your choice for the job?

I agree sunny days. Not my choice. I cant see bartel holding down CHB at doggies if Thomson is back and playing. Id say he'll end up back at kiewa if they can afford him. id be surprised if they appointed him as coach. theyd need a very good list and some good blokes on the bench.

I agree sunny days. Not my choice. I cant see bartel holding down CHB at doggies if Thomson is back and playing. Id say he'll end up back at kiewa if they can afford him. id be surprised if they appointed him as coach. theyd need a very good list and some good blokes on the bench.
i heard of a mate today that richo is taking on the coaching role at kiewa and josh is staying in wodonga, so he should still got a few more years left in o and m, i hope he proves people wrong and kills it at wodonga.

better have the canteen ready then

How are the sides in this league going with finding coaches, i know in the hume league its an absolute nightmare, and whats the story with a few hume league players signing with thurgoona, if that the case surely they would have to be right up there, i read in a previous post that whiterod, kohlhagen and mcglynn have signed with them, walla would be spewing if this is the caseas they can all hold there own.
If there are any blokes keen on coaching let the mighty crows no as we are battling..

On the subject of 2010, I hear the League is at last considering moving the Grand Final into Wodonga! Birallee Park would make an ideal setting to show-piece TDFL football - wadja reckon?

i'v heard rutherglen have signed up jamie seymour from corowa rutherglen who will absolutely blitz the TDFL but not much else.i'v also heard wahgunyah has got 10-12 of their 3rds premiership side of 2007 comin back from corowa rutherglen who will really help their seniors out with young legs especially northey and lane.but both may have lost a few players to retirement also

Any news from the Wodonga Saints? Have they got a new coach lined up for next season or maybe consider Summerfield who is the only coach to bring some success to their club(thirds premiership coach this year)? Are any of their thirds capable of stepping up to senior footy?:confused::confused::confused:

Remove this Banner Ad

2010 Season Begins

Remove this Banner Ad

Back