2010 Season Begins

Remove this Banner Ad

Any news from the Wodonga Saints? Have they got a new coach lined up for next season or maybe consider Summerfield who is the only coach to bring some success to their club(thirds premiership coach this year)? Are any of their thirds capable of stepping up to senior footy?:confused::confused::confused:

have been told that brent lewington from bulldogs is off to yack and ben heinrich from dogs as well is off to kiewa.

Any news from the Wodonga Saints? Have they got a new coach lined up for next season or maybe consider Summerfield who is the only coach to bring some success to their club(thirds premiership coach this year)? Are any of their thirds capable of stepping up to senior footy?:confused::confused::confused:

I see on the Hume League website former Beechworth and Wodonga Saints coach Ian Romeril has been appointed coach of Murray Magpies. Is there any movement on the teams without coaches ?
Searching:
Wodonga Saints -
Tallangatta -
Wahgunyah -
New:
Kiewa - Ryan Richardson
Dederang - Paul Twycross
Barnawartha - Danny DeMarte
Chiltern - Dane O'Neill
Mitta - Nic Conway
Reappointed:
Beechworth - Shaun Prichard
Rutherglen - Mark Sarau
Thurgoona - Danny Hargreaves
Yackandandah - Brent Lillis

Recruiting is a bit quiet, has anyone got any news ?

i'v heard rutherglen have signed up jamie seymour from corowa rutherglen who will absolutely blitz the TDFL but not much else.i'v also heard wahgunyah has got 10-12 of their 3rds premiership side of 2007 comin back from corowa rutherglen who will really help their seniors out with young legs especially northey and lane.but both may have lost a few players to retirement also
has ken stevenson got the job at wahgunyah yet

No news on Wod Saints as yet. Perhaps new coach won't hold own presentation function and inform half of club who has won B & F's before presentation night. Good luck to Murray Magpies with Romeril (may need it).
O'Neil and Richardson to make slow impacts in first years as coaches but as time goes on and confidence grows could be formidable forces in years to come.
Have also heard Bradshaw to Ranga. Could be a packed goal square with Packer also jammed in there...........

i'v heard rutherglen have signed up jamie seymour from corowa rutherglen who will absolutely blitz the TDFL but not much else.i'v also heard wahgunyah has got 10-12 of their 3rds premiership side of 2007 comin back from corowa rutherglen who will really help their seniors out with young legs especially northey and lane.but both may have lost a few players to retirement also

Can't see this happining mate, Northey will probably head away to uni and i can't see him travelling back to pull on the jumper for the lions and i would say Lane would be involved with the Bushrangers.

Perhaps it is back to the drawing board for the hoppers. Would Karl Elliot be in the picture?

Clubs would normally look inside their club to appoint when they are struggling to find a coach, so I guess he would be a chance. Whilst it looks like a good job, any coach appointed would have not much to gain, and everything to lose given that they won the flag last season. Coupled with a late start to the recruiting season, I would reckon it will be very hard to get a coach of any quality. (Wod Saints, Lockhart, Walla & Osborne will vouch for that)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clubs would normally look inside their club to appoint when they are struggling to find a coach, so I guess he would be a chance. Whilst it looks like a good job, any coach appointed would have not much to gain, and everything to lose given that they won the flag last season. Coupled with a late start to the recruiting season, I would reckon it will be very hard to get a coach of any quality. (Wod Saints, Lockhart, Walla & Osborne will vouch for that)

I find it amazing that 2 reigning Premiers (Tallangatta and Osborne) can't find a coach. Most blokes would be falling over themselves to coach clubs with ready made lists.
i hear M Bradshaw is heading to Howlong and Robbo is recruiting hard for the Lions including an assistant coach of quality.

I find it amazing that 2 reigning Premiers (Tallangatta and Osborne) can't find a coach. Most blokes would be falling over themselves to coach clubs with ready made lists.
i hear M Bradshaw is heading to Howlong and Robbo is recruiting hard for the Lions including an assistant coach of quality.

Agree, amazing !! I'll coach Osborne, can't be that hard !!! My first pre-match address would be - "Just keep doing what you've been doing for the last 10 yrs". Think I'd get the job ?
Where is M Bradshaw from ?
Which League is the A/C of quality from ?

Agree, amazing !! I'll coach Osborne, can't be that hard !!! My first pre-match address would be - "Just keep doing what you've been doing for the last 10 yrs". Think I'd get the job ?
Where is M Bradshaw from ?
Which League is the A/C of quality from ?

Think youll find its Steve Bradshaw, ruckman from Barny. Good player.. Matt Bradshaw could be going as well, I do not know...

Bit boring on here, is this one of the quietest recruiting seasons ever ?
When do clubs start training ? How are the 2 clubs without coaches going in their hunt ?

Bit boring on here, is this one of the quietest recruiting seasons ever ?
When do clubs start training ? How are the 2 clubs without coaches going in their hunt ?
Bulk of the player movement has been to the Hume league although Chiltern has been active (O'Neil, Lamb, Way, Andrews), have a number of former locals returning and a couple of other Raiders on the radar.

Can anyone shed some light on a group of Tallangatta players that may cross over to Dederanga/Mounty Beauty next season, apparently the money has run dry ?:eek:

Can anyone shed some light on a group of Tallangatta players that may cross over to Dederanga/Mounty Beauty next season, apparently the money has run dry ?:eek:

have heard both mansell and bradshaw from tallangatta have been spoken too from dederang, would be a massive loss to the hoppers forward line, twycross the coach from dederang is mansell's boss so who knows? Have tallangatta got a coach yet? recruiting would almost be over, the good players anyways!!

Remove this Banner Ad

2010 Season Begins

Remove this Banner Ad

Back