2010 Season Begins

Remove this Banner Ad

If he is contracted to Thurgoona he will struggle to get a clearance as i'd say that they would see him as a required player, plus i am sure they will try and make him honour that contract.
But then again contracts don't seem to be worth the paper they are written on these days to some players.

If he does go to holbrook, he is only entertaining the idea as he has to finish off his apprenticeship and has been offered work there so he can complete it, through the football club, so it does make sense if he does go, either way good luck to him,

1 Yack
2 Beechworth
3 Tallangatta
4 Chiltern
5 Kiewa
6 Thurgoona
7 Barny
8 Rutherglen
9 Mitta
10 DMB
11 Wahgunyah
12 Saints

Pretty well spot on....... Should be an interesting season.

1yack
2thurgoona
3tallangatta
4wahgunyah
5mitta
6beechworth
7kiewa
8chiltern
9rutherglen
10barny
11dederang mount beauty
12if u can call them a side.saints!

lets hope the saints have all of their juniors stepping up from the grand final side to play seniors to make them half competetive

I'm guessing that you either played for or are still playing for Wahgunyah theswingking?

Dire straights at Martin Park.
Serious lack of numbers for 2010 so far.
Serious doubt about the clubs ability to get a senior side together.
A major headache may be approaching TDFL office fast!
HAWK20 - What's going on?

they're apparently looking at paying all senor players a base rate.
Since last year was the first year they have fielded a 3rds & 4ths side and won the GF in the thirds, having 3 out of 5 netball teams in the GF I think the club will be fine.
All this talk about no players and what ever and people leaving, you are confused. They won 1 game last year:eek:, do you think it really matters if they leave and some new players come along, get a grip.
Clearly they don't have a lot of money to throw at these big name players like other clubs have got, and hopefully some people get on board and start looking to the future of the club and supporting it:thumbsu: instead of writing them off.

they're apparently looking at paying all senor players a base rate.
Since last year was the first year they have fielded a 3rds & 4ths side and won the GF in the thirds, having 3 out of 5 netball teams in the GF I think the club will be fine.
All this talk about no players and what ever and people leaving, you are confused. They won 1 game last year:eek:, do you think it really matters if they leave and some new players come along, get a grip.
Clearly they don't have a lot of money to throw at these big name players like other clubs have got, and hopefully some people get on board and start looking to the future of the club and supporting it:thumbsu: instead of writing them off.
mate you would want to find a lot because there is a lot of them saints blokes training at kiewa, herd that from a very good source.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have lost a few players, but that happens every year.
Numbers will be fine to field 2 senior sides.
Players lost are not much chop anyway and are chasing money in upper murray sides cause they couldn't get games in any other TDFL sides.
We wont be world beaters but that has been the case for the last 4 yrs.
Last yr we paid out a fair bit of cash for a bunch of duds and now those duds have gone, I'm not concerned about this cause we can't do much worse than last year.
This year we will have a more focused committee instead of splashing cash on anyone who rocks up and asks for some money.
As for the coaching situation, it was a case of Macca putting his hand up without knowing how big the job is and how much time it takes out of your week. It's only January and he couldn't handle the time pressures and it's better he let us know now rather than later.

We have lost a few players, but that happens every year.
Numbers will be fine to field 2 senior sides.
Players lost are not much chop anyway and are chasing money in upper murray sides cause they couldn't get games in any other TDFL sides.
We wont be world beaters but that has been the case for the last 4 yrs.
Last yr we paid out a fair bit of cash for a bunch of duds and now those duds have gone, I'm not concerned about this cause we can't do much worse than last year.
This year we will have a more focused committee instead of splashing cash on anyone who rocks up and asks for some money.
As for the coaching situation, it was a case of Macca putting his hand up without knowing how big the job is and how much time it takes out of your week. It's only January and he couldn't handle the time pressures and it's better he let us know now rather than later.

Ever thought of merging with another club Hawk 20? Or maybe joining the Upper Murray League where your club may be more attractive to those types of players. They won't need to travel far for training.

Ever thought of merging with another club Hawk 20? Or maybe joining the Upper Murray League where your club may be more attractive to those types of players. They won't need to travel far for training.

Has any thought been given to becoming the Baranduda Saints and relocating out there instead of being second class citizens to Wodonga Bulldogs at Martin Park, Bulldogs have done the Saints no favours with the deal that Saints are forced into there, and that is one of the main reasons Saints have no money isn't it....???? Thoughts???

Has any thought been given to becoming the Baranduda Saints and relocating out there instead of being second class citizens to Wodonga Bulldogs at Martin Park, Bulldogs have done the Saints no favours with the deal that Saints are forced into there, and that is one of the main reasons Saints have no money isn't it....???? Thoughts???

This is the leagues pipedream as Baranduda will be a big market, they just need help from the council to get enough infrastructure out there to support a football side.
No-one in the league wants to see the saints go under and i don't think it will happen as they are going about things the right way by focusing on juniors and commited players and weeding out the crap!

I'm guessing Hawk 20 that the way to build a club back up is to pay kids straight out of the 3rds to stay????:thumbsdown: What happened to earning your STRIPES!!!!! If I were a parent of any of these young boys I would have concerns for them on the field as no older or bigger bodies( or none that are training at the moment) to protect them or more importantly guide them. This is something that should be apparent from either your watchings on the sideline, or your endeavours on the field. I'm not quite sure which. :confused:

No mention of the blokes going out to the Hume league from the Saints? Only 4 to upper murray and only one of which would have been in reciept of match payments for the entire year, and deserved it!!!!!

The Saints have lost 25 players this year purely and simply because of the atrocious way they dealt with their 2009 senior coach. One day they agree to re appoint him for 2010 and announce it. 2 weeks later they sack him because the President doesn't like him. No wonder they cannot get a decent coach or any decent players.

They struggle to get sponsors and will never get Council approval for a move to Baranduda because they lack credible sensible leadership and cannot get rid of their Feral tag. The end is nigh for saints but honestly who cares in over 100 years the've won only 1 flag the 3rds last year.

The Saints have lost 25 players this year purely and simply because of the atrocious way they dealt with their 2009 senior coach. One day they agree to re appoint him for 2010 and announce it. 2 weeks later they sack him because the President doesn't like him. No wonder they cannot get a decent coach or any decent players.

They struggle to get sponsors and will never get Council approval for a move to Baranduda because they lack credible sensible leadership and cannot get rid of their Feral tag. The end is nigh for saints but honestly who cares in over 100 years the've won only 1 flag the 3rds last year.

your right on the money there!
now that most preseasons have started back up has anyone got any news on clubs doing well or struggling ? and pick ups

well the saints maybe pushin poo up a hill but let's hope they don't go the way of Baranduda in cricket.The only reason they are alive is that they are waiting for a grant to build new rooms etc out there.If they get built it may be too late for the saints to move out there.Why not move out to Bethanga and start fresh again.They got a fair crowd out there last year. The Saints have dug their own grave and it's time to see what's happening at the club and fix it. They did a great job getting juniors up but if they leave what's the point. It's gunna be a long season for them.

Look out for Barny this year they seem to have done really well and look like getting a few more players back. :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Lazy player. Not as good as he makes himself out to be but can put a good game together every now and again. Does not have much pace and is a heavy smoker.

Thought I would let you know, Sean has stopped smoking. He has been in pre season training since November, dropped a S**tload of weight, has been training with "supercoach" ross hedley. Should see his pace now.

Remove this Banner Ad

2010 Season Begins

Remove this Banner Ad

Back