2010 Season Begins

Remove this Banner Ad

Heard the lions missed out on the ruckman, but signed a backman. Heard the coach is making big in roads at the club. Dont know much about him. Does anyone know if Lucas Mellior is staying at Thurgoona. Heard he may be heading to north albury. Any truth in this ?????

heard second hand some in house shit goin down at thurgoona. whats goin on.

Not sure, how are they travelling, also how is wahgunyah going i think there going to be real handy, have they signed a fella by the name of Matt tinkler i think he played at jerilderie last year, handy player, and how is trent ball going, seen him on the news the other night for cricket, shit i got one of those big Plasma's and his ass was not on the screen, carrying a lot.

Not sure, how are they travelling, also how is wahgunyah going i think there going to be real handy, have they signed a fella by the name of Matt tinkler i think he played at jerilderie last year, handy player, and how is trent ball going, seen him on the news the other night for cricket, shit i got one of those big Plasma's and his ass was not on the screen, carrying a lot.

tinkler at barny have on very good source

Wont list a probable side for round 1 but at Rutherglen we expect to be competative with all sides this year. Gains are Jamie Seymour, Andrew Johnson from cor/ruth, Mark Donaldson returning after a year travelling, Brad Nicolson and Richie Ross, improvement from our young list has us optomistic for the coming season

I can confirm that Brad Nicholson WILL NOT be playing for the cats this season due to persistant injury troubles

tinkler at barny have on very good source

Tinkler will be very handy, may not be the star but very honest and will make any forward earn evey kick, Barny are going to surprise a few i believe,

My top Couple are, and this is hard.

1/2.Yack- have flown right under the radar and have picked up more than there letting on. Hilliary, wodonga crew, carrol, real real strong.

1/2. Tallangatta- no little about them but shorly they will be up there somewere.

3. Thurgoona - have picked up a couple of handy type, and have heard hargreave is moving good, is the key.

4. Beechworth or Mitta - have not heard much but have heard that especially mitta have signed few real handy types, beechworth have got real good kids.

5. throw it out there, kiewa, chiltern,Barny, rutherglen. wahgunyah. all could end up fighting it out.

All in all i reckon its going to be a cracker. Feel free to add your thoughts.

Tinkler will be very handy, may not be the star but very honest and will make any forward earn evey kick, Barny are going to surprise a few i believe,

My top Couple are, and this is hard.

1/2.Yack- have flown right under the radar and have picked up more than there letting on. Hilliary, wodonga crew, carrol, real real strong.

1/2. Tallangatta- no little about them but shorly they will be up there somewere.

3. Thurgoona - have picked up a couple of handy type, and have heard hargreave is moving good, is the key.

4. Beechworth or Mitta - have not heard much but have heard that especially mitta have signed few real handy types, beechworth have got real good kids.

5. throw it out there, kiewa, chiltern, rutherglen. wahgunyah. all could end up fighting it out.

All in all i reckon its going to be a cracker. Feel free to add your thoughts.
Why do you say Barny will surprise a few if you dont't have them in your Top 9 sides listed above..?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

beechworth seemed to have dropped no talent in the off season. the run and carry mentallity was still there as they easily won against mitta. pleased to see them bloody young thirds players in the pre season. easy top 3 contender this yr

Holbrook and Thurgoona had a hit out last night. No real stand outs but both sides had a crack. Both sides had a few out but one thing was both sides were fit and had a lot of run when both sides had the footy and the contested footy was pretty competitive even on the small Doggies oval. There was a very relieved M.Semmler to not see James Gunn lining up :D Don't know final scores but I would think Dogs by a couple of goals.

Watched Barny play an intra club game tonight. Looked fit. P Cook, H Ohlin, Bradshaw in the ruck and a few others that I dont know names of were stand outs. P Cook probably BOG. Good attack on the footy and skills looked good for a first hit out.

Apparently Two Bob put his shoulder out, in an inconspicuous incident with a water bottle. Would think he'll be right for Round 1

Called in for a look and 2 bob was on the boundry line coaching, i think it was Kial ryan who done his AC joint in an earlier contest, Big Al is right though, pretty scrappy but both teams had a real crack, Thurgoona look fit but were missing half a dozen or so of there better players, I hear chiltern had 50 at raining the other night, surely they can pick a pretty handy side with them sort of numbers.

Holbrook and Thurgoona had a hit out last night. No real stand outs but both sides had a crack. Both sides had a few out but one thing was both sides were fit and had a lot of run when both sides had the footy and the contested footy was pretty competitive even on the small Doggies oval. There was a very relieved M.Semmler to not see James Gunn lining up :D Don't know final scores but I would think Dogs by a couple of goals.

Doggies oval is now 150m long X 121m wide. The list I got from NSWAFL lists Holbrook playing surface at 154m X 120m, so the Holbrook boys wouldn't have noticed a whole lot of difference in ground size. Don't think anyone kept score from the game, but it was scrappy as expected.

Remove this Banner Ad

2010 Season Begins

Remove this Banner Ad

Back