2010 Soccer World Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, it was confusing and seemed unlikely but if you email them like DT did and get confirmation of a bet like this then it turns out the information they give you was wrong then it's pretty dodgy.

Either way it is dodgy imho mate. Its not like they are short on $$$

Sportingbet do the dodgy whenever they can. A mate was supposed to have a bet refunded into his account, never showed up. Had to call and practically harass them before they put the money in.

Call them, cite the email you sent them to confirm what the parameters of the bet was. If you badger them enough, they should honour what they said.

Agree on this, if you have it in writing that it's for the Golden Boot winner, you should make sure that they pay out.

If you don't have it in writing, then you're probably up shit creek.

Ok, So I emailed them about an hour before the Final asking them is the 'Top Goal Scorer' market actually the market for 'The Golden Boot' winner.

This is what I got as a reply:

Dear Dan,

Thank you for your email. We payout on the Top Goal Scorer as per the Golden Boot winner.

If you have any further enquiries, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards
Customer Service

And the Golden Boot winner was ......................Thomas Mueller :confused:

Ok, So I emailed them about an hour before the Final asking them is the 'Top Goal Scorer' market actually the market for 'The Golden Boot' winner.

This is what I got as a reply:

Dear Dan,

Thank you for your email. We payout on the Top Goal Scorer as per the Golden Boot winner.

If you have any further enquiries, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards
Customer Service

And the Golden Boot winner was ......................Thomas Mueller :confused:

Email them back saying the as per FIFA rules, Mueller was the Golden Boot winner as he had the highest number of assists. They have put their foot in it again, you should link them to an article stating that Mueller won the Golden Boot. :p

I emailed them the day after saying:

'I had money on Mueller, why haven't I been payed properly? I've been given odds divided by 4 ..
I would like an explanation'

They replied:

Dear Dan,

Thank you for your email. As there were four players who scored the highest number of goals for the tournament all bets are paid according to the Dead Heat Rule at ¼ the value of the ticket.
For example, if you’d had $10 on a player at $5 odds your return would originally have been $50. As there was a four way tie you’re instead paid back ¼ of that which is $12.50.

If you have any further enquires please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards
Customer Service

F*cking jokers :rolleyes:

Yep, you should now have two emails with them essentially shooting themselves in the foot. Dont give up on this one, they will try to screw you out of it, but if you persist they should cave in.

Yeh but there's a catch....I had money on Mueller through Centrebet.
Was going to do it through Sportingbet but only had $50 in the account, centrebet I had a $150 so put that all on him :mad: haha stupid.

But if anyone wants the emails to use, ill forward them to you.

Did they detail the dead heat rule beforehand? If so, then you probably won't be getting any money back.

Did who?

I didn't email Centrebet about it, as I just assumed it would be the same as what Sportingbet told me :rolleyes:

I put $150 on Mueller on Centrebet @ $8. so divide it by 4 it's still $2 so I doubled up.

But Sportingbet seem to have dogged a few others here...

Sportingbet might be being dodgy but if Forlan was also 7.50 before the spain game you should have assumed they wouldnt take assists into account. If they were going to pay out on golden boot which includes total assists why would they offer odds on forlan who would have had no chance in winning it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you were smart like me you would have loaded up on aggregate score under 2 goals after normal time. :)

Wow thanks for that champ.

Going by the odds they were probably using the dead heat rule but they did send an email stating they were paying out on the Golden Ball winner. At least you have this in writing so maybe have a chat to the ACCC or the Ombudsman (does Gambling even have one? I can't see one listed here.)

Remove this Banner Ad

2010 Soccer World Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

Back