2011/12 Melbourne Victory Supporters Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The supply was fruitful from Carlos. A damning stat for Archie is the fact that he was out scored by a player who spent a major time on our bench last year (god knows wtf the coaches were thinking) and according to you is rather slow and not contributing as highly as he should.

Thats my entire argument in itself, how the hell can you keep a player who can't run out 90 mins (and therefore has to be used off the bench) and who isn't able to apply any kind of defensive pressure. Look at how all the other a-league clubs were playing, every player in Brisbane's and CCM's side was capable of winning the ball from the opposition and every player was involved in going forward. IMO its time Victory started playing as a team and not relying on the few stars to set up and score all the goals

That's all Archie's fault. He botched half a dozen chances a game. That's right, he should have smashed Berisha's goal scoring record for the season but he simply ****ed up too many easy chances.

The supply was fruitful from Carlos. A damning stat for Archie is the fact that he was out scored by a player who spent a major time on our bench last year (god knows wtf the coaches were thinking) and according to you is rather slow and not contributing as highly as he should.

Carlos is the best player on the Victory list. It would be ludicrous to not pay him what he wants. How can the club justify not retaining Hernandez, yet guys like Ferreira, Foschini, Kemp and Broxham are all getting contract extensions?

It's a complete joke. Hopefully Ange sees this and cleans up this mess.

What a load of rubbish.

Just some quick stats(from FFA )

A Thompson 11-12 season
7 goals 7 assists 59 shots 36 on target 0 penalties
to me he played a deeper role this season in midfield.
Compared to
C Hernandez
10 goals 1 assist 57 shots 31 on target 3 penalties 1 penalty miss 1 red card

Who had the better year?

Ange was on Radio Sport 927 this morning and was asked about Carlos.

AP: We have a salary cap with pressures involved, I want to get some new foreign players in and players need to be let go.
Mick McGuane: Where does that leave Carlos?
AP: It makes it very hard for him to keep his spot
MM: So we can read into that, Carlos won't be at Victory next year?
AP: Yeah, you can read that into it. I didn't say it but you can read that into it.

Carlos posted this on the MV facebook page :(:mad:

Quiero darles las gracias a todos Los fans de Melbourne Victory por todo el apoyo que siempre me dieron yo se que ustedes el club no les a informado que ya no voy a seguicorn el club!!recibi un correo de Richard Wilson asi que Muy agradecido de todo corazon se les quiere y sepan que en mi corazon van a estar siempre!!:( gracias AUSTRALIA y sobre todo MELBOURNE por abrirme las puertas se despide Su gran amigo
CARLOS HERNANDEZ
EL ZORRO :(:(:(:(:( adios!!

As translated by Indio on the MVFC forum:
I want to give thanks to all the Melbourne Victory for the support you have allways gave me. I know that the Club has not informed you yet but I am not going to continue playing at the Club. I have received an email from Richard Wilson. I would like to said thank you from the bottom of my heart and know that I will carry you in my heart for ever:( thank you Australia and specially melbourne for openning the doors to me ... your greatest friend
Carlos Hernandez
El Zorro :(:(:( good bye

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clearly a sad day to lose one of Melbourne Victory's best loved players, still I can't help feeling this is a positive change for the club. A tough call, but well done Ange and I wish Carlos the best of luck.

One of the best players in the short history of the A-League, I'll never forget the 3-3 draw with Brisbane when Carlos scored a double. Also that goal against Gold Coast was amazing. He could be selfish at times but jeez he was good.

Farewell El Zorro, thanks for everything.

Archie has been average for 3 years. Time to move on. Would love to Get Robbie back in that marquee spot.

You mean those three years in which:

a) He was recovering from a knee reconstruction which he sustained in a Grand Final that we only lost in penalties because Aziz Behich is a complete and utter twat?
b) He saved the club from embarrassment in the first half of the last season when nobody else was scoring goals?

F**k me, people have short, irrelevant memories. :thumbsdown:

So how long until promoters realise that:

a) nobody is willing to pay $40 for a general admin ticket to a friendly when either the team isn't a superstar club or MV have 3/4 of their squad missing
b) nobody is going to go to a friendly at Etihad

Dumbarses.

So how long until promoters realise that:

a) nobody is willing to pay $40 for a general admin ticket to a friendly when either the team isn't a superstar club or MV have 3/4 of their squad missing
b) nobody is going to go to a friendly at Etihad

Dumbarses.

The thing that pissed me off is when the press release came out about this game is that they advertised tickets at $30 + fees and charges for mvfc end but the ticket price was actually $45 and that doesn't include another $8 for ticketmaster fees.

Serves the promoter right that they got less than 17k to the game

Remove this Banner Ad

2011/12 Melbourne Victory Supporters Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back