2011-2012 NHL Regular Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Of course it looks better when you are scoring and losing, because the chances were there.

God you are such a nancy. You do French Canada proud.

Nancy? You're the one who agreed with the Sabres turning thew other cheek against Lucic and the Boon-ins. That's the definition of a nancy. :thumbsu:

Hilarious. Now I really have heard everything.

Last time I checked sport is about winning, doesn't matter how you do it.

I suppose Sutter should have just changed everything and told the players go to a run and gun Oilers in the 80's style of play. They'd be 0-10-0 but at least it would be entertaining.

Do yourself a favour and watch the Kings-Blackhawk game and tell me there were few/no chances.

and for accuracy you are once again miles wide of the mark referring to me as French Canadian. Well played. :p

Yeah but the point is, how long can they continue to win these marginal games? They've been lucky so far winning all these extremely close, low scoring games, they dropped one 1-0 today, who's to say it won't continue? Hard winning 1-0 and 2-1 all the time.

Of course they'll be working on offensive production. Two out of the three games I've watched this seemed to be the case. Blackhawks, Canucks (who didn't really show up) and today.

Rome wan't built in a day. Blowing up the entire system would have been madness.

Nice snipe by Max P. :thumbsu:

Iginla with his 500th, Shane Doan with his first ever hat trick after 38 two goal games... in the absolute last second.

He was almost going to break Petr Sykora's record of most two goal games without a hat-trick. Content with the tie now.

Reps for anyone who knows who Doan is second to on the list of most NHL goals before a hat-trick.

Jordan Staal out with a knee injury for 4-6 weeks and now James Neal out for "weeks" with a broken foot.

In other news, the Pittsburgh Penguins have announced a new uniform that is completely made of bubble wrap in an effort to cut down on injuries.

Seriously, it is just becoming a joke the last couple of seasons. So many good players out for so long. I think any team would love to have a top line of Staal - Crosby - Neal and currently it is sitting at home injured.

It's just ridiculous.

Nice come from behind win in Chicago after a shaky start from Conklin

Pav threaded the needle for the game winner. Not sure if it banked off the Hawks d-man before going in, but it was still a decent wrister after whiffing the first time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obviously he is susceptible to concussions.. sad state of affairs. He will atleast give it another few shots. Its funny though, the two hits he took last year were pretty innocuous compared to the hits that Bergeron and Horton from the Bruins have taken previously.

Sid will play again, I believe it. I have to believe it otherwise we are in deep doggy doo without our (and the NHL's) number one player. Otherwise we would be trading like mad to get a Giroux or Kopitar.

Oh and the answer to the question, if anyone cares, was Scott Mellanby.

Remove this Banner Ad

2011-2012 NHL Regular Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back