2011-2012 NHL Regular Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Great win by the Stars against the red hot champs boston.

Boston were on a 7 game win streak outscoring opponets 32-8 :eek:

Its strange how Dallas can be so bad against the worst team in the league yet so well against the best in the NHL the next game.

Pending the LA result we will enter the new year 8th in the west but have played two games less than teams around us..Apart from two tough games against Detroit our schedule in January is pretty gentle, if Dallas play well we should be looking to solidify playoff position heading into the trade deadline.

Also, at the start of the year How many people had the Rangers as the top of the east at new years?

Hey don't bag my man Micky Redmond! What Drummond said is true though, when it comes to penalties he is very good. Will pipe up about soft penalties we get as much as obvious penalties the other teams don't get.

He just loves Pav and The Mule so when they score, Mickey almost blows a gasket lol.

Haha, I will laugh if RIG gets up at 4am :p

I might be getting up, the Sharks are also on Fox later that day v the Sedin sisters. So would make it either one really quick sleep (Assuming the game finishes at 6:30ish, Sharks game is on at 11:30).. or one long day.

Definitely getting up for the winter classic. Got mates convinced to come around and watch it, new to hockey so hoping for a good game. What's the weather like in Philly? Likely to start on time this year?

Today it is 50 F (10 C). They delayed the start of the Alumni Game yesterday two hours (1 to 3) so that it would get a bit colder. Ice was a bit choppy at the start, but they said it got better as it got colder. NHL apparently has a good sized window open for tomorrow for getting the game in, so might start late. No precipitation anticipated.

Hmmm, so now I won't see any before work, and I'll have to IQ it and watch it after. But the test is also on tomorrow!!

If the iQ changes it in time - still listed at 4:30am-7:30pm on mine. I guess if they don't change it I'll have to remember how to do a customised iQ recording or just tape the bulk of Fox Sports 1's programming.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was watching the video of the players warming up on the Winter Classic ice and they had a camera on Marty Biron's helmet. Gives you a nice perspective of what an NHL goalie faces every day.

Also scares the **** out of you when someone fires a slapper at the net. I know they are padded up to the eyeballs but they are still braver men than I am. And it also gives you an idea of how good their reactions have to be. Gives me a new level of respect for them.

I still hate Brodeur...

Was watching the video of the players warming up on the Winter Classic ice and they had a camera on Marty Biron's helmet. Gives you a nice perspective of what an NHL goalie faces every day.

Also scares the **** out of you when someone fires a slapper at the net. I know they are padded up to the eyeballs but they are still braver men than I am. And it also gives you an idea of how good their reactions have to be. Gives me a new level of respect for them.

I still hate Brodeur...

Can you please post the link to the video?

Cold front coming through Philly early this afternoon. Should eb perfect weather for the game.

EDIT (1 PM in Philly) Temperature dropping (currently 38 F or 3 C) and a fairly strong wind, so feels colder.

Sj2xZ.jpg

ripp.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

2011-2012 NHL Regular Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back