AE 2011 - Armchair Endzone Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Armchair Endzone 2011 - Discussion

We have a new CR leader!!!!!! :D:D:D ME :D:D:D hehe... lets see if I can avoid the top of the table curse!

From my calculations, both Rocco and I leapfrogged Galactic through the SNF game.

How ironic that Rory and galactic both take massive hits this week in drop zone and the CR leader board respectively yet both tipped against their own team against the Jets and it burnt them!!. :eek:

How ironic that Rory and galactic both take massive hits this week in drop zone and the CR leader board respectively yet both tipped against their own team against the Jets and it burnt them!!. :eek:

haha... the opposite happened to me a couple of weeks back when I tipped Denver to beat the Lions... had a shocker. Went back to tipping against them for lower CR and I've turned it around again.

But yeah, surprised that a Pats fan would tip against them this week... Brady was not going to lose 3 in a row.

I should tip against them more often. Bad week for me, got to play catch up again. Tough to pick league is nuts atm for consistency.I tipped them based on our inj report..banged up esp in our sec but Sanchez helped us overcome it some and we played as I thought we could.

And now just to top off another awesome tipping week, the Ravens, Niners and Lions are getting rolled as well.

I reckon the weight of my tipping confidence could stop a train right now. Every team I pick plays like they have a 400lb gorilla on their back!

Some bizarre events have managed to conspire to beat me over the past few weeks.

- Rivers fumbles a snap and KC wins in OT
- Tebow competes TWO passes for the game yet KC are so crap they still manage to lose.
- Cleveland stuff up a simple 22 yard chip shot GW field goal.
- Rivers throws multiple INT's to hand a game to OAK
- Brady loses his first home game in living memory after NE give up a decent 4th qtr lead against NJG.
- OAK concede 31 2nd half points to DEN to cough up big half time lead.
- Winless STL beat NO a week after NO put up 60 on IND.

Arrrgggggghhhhhh!

But register this Superfreak, you're lucky to have drawn Showbag this week, who ny the way is still in Wildcard Contention, leading 40-33 in an almighty slog, with your MNF CR @ 15 (GB), which forces Showbag to think long & hard about his situation, taking a heavy hit this week, from being up in the CR TOP
TEN, but with 16CR on his pocket, he can somewhat hope for an AE miracle, to reel back some points and claim the ND
match up.

I still can't believe how the HECK I'm dodging the loose thread on the AE tightrope.

Of note too, not 100% sure, but i think i've topped the highest scorers this week again, which gives me a big leg up in the High Roller Sweepstakes....so far, pending if i can pull any more top scores the rest of the season.

Also looking at Woodson's ND wild card race, if I manage to sneak in, that'd have to be the biggest come from behind effort, on death's door, to qualify.

The sun is shining....except suddenly on my fantasy teams. Always seems to be one or the other never both.

Well... I have to assume that Shiny has picked the Kerry Packers and flip to the vikings on MNF or lose a vital Earl Greasy Neal showdown...

I love ND, love CR tipping, but it does nothing for my blood pressure!

Honestly GG i am still reeling to think how you came up with Seattle , Arizona and Denver to all win despite being massive under dogs. :eek:

I thought i was in the box seat after i tipped the Titans when i saw you had Carolina high but then it just all turned to crap with one upset after another all going against me with my double digit CR tips. If the Packers get up i will have tipped 10 winners this week in an upset fest which is not so bad but those Red scores on the double digit CR's kill you and the week your 50/50 games come in with low CR all the favourites stuff you up. :(

Oh well, congrats mate on the win and the big score and maybe we will meet again in the post season. :thumbsu:

I don't just pin the tail or tip every underdog, i'll have reasons why.

Seahawks...homefield, ravens played a 'super bowl' last week, they always play poor the following week after a steelers game.

Cardinals....Skelton, eagles mailed it in after last week's loss which basically ended their playoff chances ("shit, cant drop more than one game, forget it")

Denver....Tebow, Chiefs on their down slide now, could sense it was their turn to slide a bit after two good wins.

I got a few others wrong tho...like Bengals, Panthers, Falcons, etc.

And on your other point about actual right tips (forgetting CR), yeah, despite my poor form this year in AE, from week to week ive done well too in the amount of correct tips themselves, just usually blowing large CR being the AE/ND problem.

I don't just pin the tail or tip every underdog, i'll have reasons why.

Seahawks...homefield, ravens played a 'super bowl' last week, they always play poor the following week after a steelers game.

Cardinals....Skelton, eagles mailed it in after last week's loss which basically ended their playoff chances ("shit, cant drop more than one game, forget it")

Denver....Tebow, Chiefs on their down slide now, could sense it was their turn to slide a bit after two good wins.
I got a few others wrong tho...like Bengals, Panthers, Falcons, etc.

And on your other point about actual right tips (forgetting CR), yeah, despite my poor form this year in AE, from week to week ive done well too in the amount of correct tips themselves, just usually blowing large CR being the AE/ND problem.

So you knew Tebow was going to complete 2 passes?
Come on GG.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Orton can lace up and attempt 40 passes completing 28 but the bearded one has no mojo and see the Broncos go 1-4. Tebow is a force unto himself. Of course the D played out of their skin and had a huge part in the victory. But let no man begrudge Tebow (3-1).

Lol GG!!

Those reasons are hogwash and if you think like that you can honestly make a case for every team every week on any given Sunday when looking for reasons to justify an upset selection.

You have not been on the bottom rungs of the ladder for nothing all season and i would love to hear the justification speech for every upset you have tipped all season and got wrong but each to their own and this week you got lucky.

This strategy will not prevail for the duration of the season methinks but winners are grinners and this week deserves a congrats!

NEXT DUEL UPDATE
Week 10 Results

DON SHULA CONFERENCE
DIVISIONAL DOGFIGHTS
BALMAINFOREVER (7-2-1) defeated SVEN (6-3-1)
IMATION23 (6-4) edged out TGBB (5-5)
SWANNIES (8-2) defeated BE LIKE MIKE (4-6)
CHISM (6-1-3) stung by GG (4-6)
NAKEDDEADGUY (3-7) dismantled by DIRTY BIRD (3-7)
ARAKAAN (7-3) upset by APEX (3-7)
NEDDY36 (4-6) lost to WADW (2-8)
NODDYHOLDER (3-7) pipped by RORY (2-7-1)
BEINPURPLENGREEN (6-4) hammered WIZARD (2-8)
WOODSON (3-7) defeated MELTIGER (0-10)

EARLE GREASY NEALE CONFERENCE
DIVISIONAL DOGFIGHTS

ALBERTONROB (7-3) lost to SHINY ON TOP (7-3)
CLASH HENDRIX (5-4-1) lost to BURNINGLEVIATHAN (6-4)
MOO (5-5) lost to OSCARMAN (5-4-1)
REDRAGGER (7-3) defeated SHIFTY (4-6)
STATSMAN74 (4-5-1) 53 defeated ARKIE (3-7)
SBLACK (6-4) lost to MR E (3-5-2)
GALACTIC (8-1-1) defeated EAGLEOZ83 (2-7-1)
MARKLAR33 (6-4) stunned by TOMATOSAUCELING (3-7)

DON SHULA CONFERENCE
CONFERENCE CLOUTS

SUPERFREAK (7-3) defeated SHOWBAG (5-4-1)
SKEPPERSAP (6-4) lost to CAMSMITH (5-5)
ROCCO S (7-2-1) defeated CASSIUS CLAY (4-6)
FUEY (7-2-1) defeated MARCUZ (4-6)

EARLE GREASY NEALE CONFERENCE
CONFERENCE CLOUTS

TRAVODO88 (6-3-1) defeated MANUREID (5-5)
SODAPOP (6-3-1) defeated JONESY86 (3-7)
PETERBUCH74 (6-4) defeated DANIELZ23 (3-7)
ISLAND BOMBER (8-2) defeated MATT897 (5-5)
GEECATS07 (8-2) defeated OSMODIAR (3-7)
JEFFDUNNE (8-2) defeated SMITHS (2-8)

INTERCONFERENCE BOUTS
TCOL (6-4) defeated 11SJW (3-6-1)
CHRIS25 (5-4-1) defeated LARKIS (3-7)
REACHER (7-3) defeated BLOODS33 (3-7)

Woodson, you have me as 6-4, but JD's website has me as 7-3. Also, using JDs list of results your points shown for BpG would seem to need checking? Sorry to be a pain, let me know if I just misread the results picture above...

NAKEDDEADGUY (3-7) dismantled by DIRTY BIRD (3-7)
Defence wins championships :cool:
Keep everyone to 30 from here on out and I'm winning that massive knockout tournoment :cool:

Can the Vikes add to the list of Week 10 upsets and cause havoc amongst the remaining 3XKO survivors? In fact, it'll probably spell an end to this years 3XKO competition with the Chargers, Eagles and Ravens all losing and costing X's already!

Can they do it?? We'll soon see...

wreckingball.jpg

Anybody have the...

ballshu.jpg

to change their SAFE Packers tip to the Vikings in an effort to win the whole thing if there's an upset today??

Shame GG's still not in 3XKO... he would've done it in a heartbeat! :)

Do I alter for the upset or keep the CR and try and avoid the Drop Zone?

Tipped two more correct than my opponent but screwed up all the tips I was confident with. Shows what I know. :mad::mad::eek::eek:

Anyone have the courage to change their 3XKO pick to the Vikings??? Assuming no one else does the same, You'd take out the competition. Slightly tempted!

Hahaha... was editing my post above when you posted this. Guarantee someone will go for glory :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

AE 2011 - Armchair Endzone Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back