2011 crowds

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it just me or does Patterson's Stadium have wooden seating in one area...? :eek:

I love Etihad! :D

You are correct - from the 50m arc on the city end to the forward pocket on the other end

Bloody uncomfortable - especially when you get fat buggers sitting next to you and there is no seperate seating - just a bench with white paint outlining the seats :thumbsu:

New stadium now please state government

Round 1 crowds

Carlton v Richmond (Melbourne Cricket Ground) 60,654
Geelong v St Kilda (MCG) 42,869
Collingwood v Port Adelaide (Docklands Stadium) 35,773
Adelaide v Hawthorn (Football Park) 42,536
Brisbane v Fremantle (Brisbane Cricket Ground aka the Gabba) 23,373
Essendon v Western Bulldogs (Docklands) 42,617
Melbourne v Sydney (MCG) 33,951
West Coast v North Melbourne (Subiaco Oval) 35,878
TOTAL 317,651. Average 39,706

Apart from one, all pretty much what I expected. The obvious dissapointment was Friday night's Saints v Cats - then again, with hindight, it got more than it deserved, despite the dramatic ending. Did supporters have a premonition about this terrible borefest of a match?

As for the supposed Pies 'terrible' crowd' v Port, I've lifted this from the Pies board (without permission, but I think I'll be forgiven) -
Coll v PA MCG 2009 crowd 34793
Coll v PA MCG 2007 crow 35354
Coll v PA Etihad 2006 crowd 32276
Coll v PA Etihad 2005 crowd 35844
So the 35,773 is about 'par for the course' - and in fact higher than the last 2 MCG crowds v Port. I'd expect it to be Port's biggest Melbourne crowd for the year.

"Carlton and Richmond are such a shit way to start the season. No one is interested in it. Such boring football"

Well guess what: most attended game, most watched game, and one of the better games to watch this round.

God help us if it was Saints v Cats on thurs night. What a cracking season opener that would have been. :rolleyes:

Has anyone heard how ticket sales are going for the Suns v Blues game on Saturday night?
There'd be a lot of curiousity value in the new team, but it'd be interesting to see how that interest is translating into ticket sales. The AFL would be hoping for 25,000; are they a chance to get it?

All the fat people taking multiple seats on the wooden benches decreased the capacity.

we experience that our game as well :mad:

nothing worse than a bunch of fat f***s sitting in the seats next to you and taking up extra room because you and the people around you aren't

i paid for a spot between that white line there and white line over there ffs not from where the number starts to the line

A new 50,000 stadium would be enough for the Eagles, assuming the fans on the waiting list buy extra memberships when they become available.

So you'd go to the trouble of a new stadium just for 50K ?
Current memberships + waiting list > 50k .
What about the Dockers ,finals football and international events ?
Gee could even have cricket there if cricket pulled it's head out of the sand .

And it would give fans off the street the chance to see a match occasionally too.

50k doesn't really allow for walk-ins .A really well designed stadium would encourage even more people to attend .The Western Force left Subiaco because there wasn't enough good viewing .Their crowds were only 50% of capacity ,so design is as important as capacity .

Round 2 crowds

St Kilda v Richmond (MCG) 41,465
North Melbourne v Collingwood (Docklands) 40,578
Port Adelaide v West Coast (Football Park) 23,214
Gold Coast v Carlton (Gabba) 27,914
Fremantle v Geelong (Subiaco) 37,004
Western Bulldogs v Brisbane (Docklands) 22,331
Sydney v Essendon (Stadium Australia) 28,082
Hawthorn v Melbourne (MCG) 49,905

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My prediction for next week;

Collingwood v Carlton: 78,000
WB v Gold Coast: 23,000
Adelaide v Fremantle: 39,000
Richmond v Hawthorn: 60,000
West Coast v Sydney: 39,000
Melbourne v Brisbane: 29,000
Geelong v Port: 26,000
St Kilda v Essendon: 46,000

My prediction for next week;

Collingwood v Carlton: 78,000
WB v Gold Coast: 23,000
Adelaide v Fremantle: 39,000
Richmond v Hawthorn: 60,000
West Coast v Sydney: 39,000
Melbourne v Brisbane: 29,000
Geelong v Port: 26,000
St Kilda v Essendon: 46,000

West Coast v Sydney should break 40k

My Round 3 predictions:

Collingwood v Carlton: 83,000
WB v Gold Coast: 20,000
Adelaide v Fremantle: 38,000
Richmond v Hawthorn: 50,000
West Coast v Sydney: 40,000
Melbourne v Brisbane: 39,000
Geelong v Port: 24,000
St Kilda v Essendon: 45,000

casting my vote in the NSW state elections last week i was bloody annoyed to find no Demolish Homebush Stadium party on the ballot

If there was a demolish Patersons Stadium party I would vote for them.

Should turn East Fremantle Oval into a 150,000 seater with all beer and food proceeds going to East Freo.

Remove this Banner Ad

2011 crowds

Remove this Banner Ad

Back