2011 Formula One World Championship - Round Nine - British Grand Prix Silverstone (8-10 July 2011)

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: 2011 Formula One World Championship - Round Nine - British Grand Prix Silverstone (8-10 July 201

Anyone know where pole position is? If it's on the racing line then Mark will have best entry into turn 2, but could be in trouble in turn 3. Opposite if he's on the inside line.

Re: 2011 Formula One World Championship - Round Nine - British Grand Prix Silverstone (8-10 July 201

Clearly you didnt look into his history in the lower formulas then ;) He won GP2 and came 2nd in Formula Renault 3.5 before entering F1, hardly the achievements of a straight pay driver

Yes, but so did Hulkenberg. In fact, Hulkenberg went one better: apart from being GP2 champion in 2009 he was also Formula 3 Euroseries champion in 2008. The year that he won the GP2 championship he was Maldonado's teammate. Ergo, Hulkenberg is better than Maldonado, in my opinion, and I was somewhat disappointed that Williams chose to replace Hulkenberg with Maldonado. I'm still convinced that had it been Hulkenberg behind the wheel of that Williams instead of Maldonado, he would be able to achieve the same, if not better results. But I guess we'll never know unless Williams puts Hulkenberg alongside Maldonado again sometime in the future.

Great, Webber gets a default pole. Damn rain.

Default? Hardly. That was a great lap.

I think it's been pretty clear over the last month that he's got better with the tyres, and that, combined with changeable Silverstone conditions he's been racing in since he was a very, very young guy, made him a very viable threat for pole position this weekend. Hence why I cleaned up at $6.

So two teams haven't signed off on the Valencia-spec reg changes yet. Williams, who will fall into line, or find their engine deal for next year very swiftly off the table - and Sauber.

Best guess is Ferrari want the Silverstone regulations to remain, but don't want to kick off on it, so get Sauber to do it for them. Just my tin-foil hat theory, but I expect Sauber to be the ones who prove to be the biggest obstacle.

Anyone know where pole position is? If it's on the racing line then Mark will have best entry into turn 2, but could be in trouble in turn 3. Opposite if he's on the inside line.

racing line is whats rubbered in and thats where they put pole in f1...

He's been starting weller lately :rolleyes: but Alonso car launches on KERS and his speed into first corners is second to none, he also knows his oppotunities to catch vettel is running out of chances...make or brake for the one faster than fillipe...

I aint seen motor racing in F1 like this since the 80's....its crazy shit...the best kind of crazy shit.....if you all of a sudden put those scuderia's in the mix the sport will rate its head off...with that will come more serious coin and with that more serious and more rapid development of the new rules coming that are designed to bring advancements in smaller effiecent engines and more reliable motor cars, that then will eventualy filter down to not only our cars but our attitudes...

I'm in need of some sleep before the race...that last smoke made me sleepy......

Another TWG meeting to discuss the exhaust regulations. Utter shambles.

They should just scrap the rule change and go back to the way it was at the beginning of the year. Then worry about changing the rules for next year, so teams have time to work out a design solution.

But the FIA being the FIA, it probably won't happen.

Apparently agreement reached on going back to Valencia-spec regulations.

What a ****ing fiasco.

Yep. Apparently not.

Ferrari, and Ferrari lapdog Sauber the two teams not agreeing,

What a cluster**** this is.

Well aside from all of this controversy, im supremely pumped for this race. Webber on pole, Ricciardo debut, slight rain forecast just to mix things up.

Should be entertaining:thumbsu:

Of Course Ferrari engines objected to it haha.
Bernie has confirmed on BBC gridwalk it will be Valencia mapping.
So Red Bull win then that's done and dusted, except half the track is wet

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Go Webber. Hopefully Ricciardo completes the race.

Webber 2nd, Ricciardo still last by the looks.

Ah Hami goes off.
Some breathing space.

What is Mark doing? 8 seconds behind already and Alonso about to pass after he had 3.5 seconds on him a few laps ago.

LOL @ that replay... **** off back into retirement.

Webber now lapping at same speed as Vettel, but 8 seconds behind is a pretty big buffer...

wow Vettel stayed out 1 lap too long and is losing time fast!

Ricciardo should hold up Vettel in the pits!!

WOW Webber only 1.5 secs behind Vettel!!!

Should sprinkle half the track every race. This is turning out to be a ripper so far.

Remove this Banner Ad

2011 Formula One World Championship - Round Nine - British Grand Prix Silverstone (8-10 July 2011)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back