Discussion 2011 Jumper Suggestion

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: 2011 Jumper Discussion

good work, i reckon the crows should go bak 2 the away guersey we had from 99-05, not sure y they got rid of it though

Because the AFL made all the teams move their logos down on the guernsey. If we had kept the same yoke, it would have looked something like this:
10template.png

Woulda looked sorta strange imo.

Collingwood Magpies 2011

These two options are fine, except swap the shorts over. Same goes with Geelong. It is enough to establish a light/dark combo.

I'd still like to see the white jumper with black shorts at home. But you're right about the black jumper; it should really have black shorts. Ideally, Collingwood would have three combinations:
  • Home: White jumper with black stripes, with black shorts
  • Light clash (eg against Carlton): White jumper with black stripes, with white shorts
  • Dark clash (eg against North or Geelong): Black jumper with white stripes, with black shorts

Essendon have been told by the AFL that red and silver are not clash colours...thet MUST produce a new clash jumper for 2011 that is mostly White.

I don't see why all clash jumpers have to be white. I understand the need for clash jumpers, but if they're all white they just look bland and uninspiring.

I think this a perfect example.

I think that it's particularly relevant in Essendon's case. If they introduce white, it will dilute their identity. If they choose to have red, black and white, they'll look like St Kilda. If they have white with a red sash, they'll look like South Melbourne/Sydney. If red isn't considered a clash colour, I think silver is best alternative.

I think it's a light colour too. Port probably just picked a white jumper to fit in with everyone else though.

lol how can someone even think like this? or just a bad troll? every club has clearly been asked to provide a white strip which is where so much "chaos" and "controversy" comes from (ie your club still crying about it and... almost everyone else accepting terms).

2a4sv2d.png

Here is what I would like to see Port in for 2011.

First of all a return to Nike as their kit supplier. It reminds me of the good times and the triangle-shaped-thingy on the collar works great with the V design.

Other than that no changes to the home kit.

But the away kit should be teal in my opinion. I think there are too many white clash strips going around and its making things a little bit too generic for my liking. I'm a big supporter of the Lions using the original bears colours (gold with maroon) as a clash kit for the same reason. Also bring back the all-teal socks from the late 90's...Love it!!! :thumbsu:

I like it. black piping as opposed to white helps keep it look less.. pussy, see picture -

909061-shaun-burgoyne.jpg

I would like to see small modification to the double V and make them come up to the shoulders more, look less like a short V and more wrapped around. It isn't perfect yet, our jumper, but we do love the design. I still want the white panel on the back..

Thanks simba.

I don't mind our current clash but I just think that a teal version would just have more character. I like that jumper that Jnr Burger is wearing but I reckon we should stick with the "double V" design forever.

Also I don't get this whole light and dark strip argument. Isn't the purpose of a clash jumper to just not clash with your opponent? For example if Essendon play Richmond at a Tiges home game a mostly red Essendon jumper will solve the clash. End of story. No one will be saying "omg the red jumpers are too "dark" and we're so confused!". Just look at Sydney vs. WCE 05/06 GFs. One red. One royal blue. Both "dark" according to Andy. But no one would even remotely suggest that there was some sort of clash between the two teams.

All teams need is a jumper that is different to their home strip. White is ok if it's a club colour (Port, Saints) but I think it's ridiculous for teams like Adelaide and Brisbane, especially when yellow would solve any clash just as well and wouldn't be a complete sell out.

Thanks simba.

I don't mind our current clash but I just think that a teal version would just have more character. I like that jumper that Jnr Burger is wearing but I reckon we should stick with the "double V" design forever.

Also I don't get this whole light and dark strip argument. Isn't the purpose of a clash jumper to just not clash with your opponent? For example if Essendon play Richmond at a Tiges home game a mostly red Essendon jumper will solve the clash. End of story. No one will be saying "omg the red jumpers are too "dark" and we're so confused!". Just look at Sydney vs. WCE 05/06 GFs. One red. One royal blue. Both "dark" according to Andy. But no one would even remotely suggest that there was some sort of clash between the two teams.

All teams need is a jumper that is different to their home strip. White is ok if it's a club colour (Port, Saints) but I think it's ridiculous for teams like Adelaide and Brisbane, especially when yellow would solve any clash just as well and wouldn't be a complete sell out.

No, a clash jumper needs to be able to be sold in AFL Stores and club shops.
What has been found is that when the clash jumper does not vary from the Home jumper enough, sales of the clash jumper are affected.
Essendon could not sell the big sash jumper as it looks almost the same as the Home. Basically the same with Richmond.

Adelaide Crows 2011

Adelaide's clash jumper is the worst jumper currently used in the AFL. On the other hand, I don't mind the home jumper, even with the side panels.

An alternative clash jumper could be a Footscray-style jumper, which maintains the horizontal stripes of the home jumper.

Another option, would be to follow what Port has done, and copy a South Australian state jumper - either the 1979-85 jumper or the 1930 jumper worn as a heritage jumper in 2005.

Alternatively, they could just completely copy Port and use the 1986-7 SA jumper.

Adelaide Crows 2011
Im not a fan of the home so I would like to them ditch the side panels, but you say you dont mind it even with the side panels and everyones got their own personal opinion. I think they wouldve made Top 8, in the AJL, this year if their home jumper didnt have side panels.

Those Footscray inspired clashes are great. The yellow one would be perfect with white shorts.

I made the 1979-85 state jumper into a Crows clash/away jumper in AGOTW. Im not really a big fan of this design. I think it might have something to do with the front not matching the back, although I like St.Kilda's jumper, and the fact it jut looks like a jumbled mess, like the original design did. Im not a big fan of the Heritage jumper either although it would serve its purpose as a clash.

NO ****ING WAY. Weve got that design now so the Crows can **** off away from it. Theyve got the colours and weve got the design that is synonymous with SA.

Here you go Adelaide a parting gift
.............../´¯/)
............,/¯../ /
.........../..../ /
...../´¯/'...'/´¯¯.`·¸
../'/.../..../.....:^.¨¯\
('(...´...´.... ¯_/'...'/
.\.................'...../
..'\'...\.......... _.·´
....\..............(
.....\.............\

Im not a fan of the home so I would like to them ditch the side panels, but you say you dont mind it even with the side panels and everyones got their own personal opinion. I think they wouldve made Top 8, in the AJL, this year if their home jumper didnt have side panels.

Those Footscray inspired clashes are great. The yellow one would be perfect with white shorts.

I made the 1979-85 state jumper into a Crows clash/away jumper in AGOTW. Im not really a big fan of this design. I think it might have something to do with the front not matching the back, although I like St.Kilda's jumper, and the fact it jut looks like a jumbled mess, like the original design did. Im not a big fan of the Heritage jumper either although it would serve its purpose as a clash.

NO ****ING WAY. Weve got that design now so the Crows can **** off away from it. Theyve got the colours and weve got the design that is synonymous with SA.

Here you go Adelaide a parting gift
.............../´¯/)
............,/¯../ /
.........../..../ /
...../´¯/'...'/´¯¯.`·¸
../'/.../..../.....:^.¨¯\
('(...´...´.... ¯_/'...'/
.\.................'...../
..'\'...\.......... _.·´
....\..............(
.....\.............\

LOL :D

I felt like that when the bird shite used the WA SOO jumper a few years back - I was surprised there wasn't much uproar

Imagine one of the Vic teams deciding to use the Vic SOO jumper?

And we only wore the old easts jumper because the AFL decided to play us against Sydney in heritage round - nice jumper but :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I chucked out all my old paint designs, now that I am using GIMP... heh... Gimp...

Anyway I made a mess of new designs for St Kilda.
Also the home stays unchanged so no need to make a new one ;)

Away:
NewClash.png

Clash:
NewClash2.png

New Jumpers for St Kilda, due to my dislike of the current clash!

Home:

The original tri panel, nothing changed!

Away:

The multi stripe jumper, with thinner stripes, and seeing how it's an away jumper, and not a clash jumper, Collingwood can have a sook somewhere else :D

Clash:

The good ol' Hot Cross Bun jumper, edited slightly to be an effective clash jumper.
I like. :thumbsu:

The candy stripe needs to make a return. Love the jumper.

Clash is good but I don't mind ours now.

Love these! Have everything the best clash jumpers should and look great

Thanks. You've picked the best ones out all of them too.

Thanks again. I agree with you about the shorts; I should have made them white or at least not navy. The yellow one with white or even red shorts would probably be the best option.

I can't actually see Adelaide using any of the State jumpers I suggested, especially not the Port style ones. But any of them would be better than what they have now.

i really liek the brisbane lions clash one, they should really think about using it

Also the roos strip is good, both of them, again the club should read that thread......

Benny

Isn't that old news? They settled the case or something and one of the agreements was to have the lion to feature on the club website for the next 4 years or something. i don't think we will see a jumper change anytime soon.

Bugger. And here's silly old me getting all excited :)

And is that all Fitzroy got? It's like when the Americans bought Manhattan off the Indians for like $50 or something.

Yeah it's been there for a few months and it's only there because of the court case (which said nothing about changing the jumper). I was surprised to see so many 2010 jumpers being worn by Brisbane supporters at the Bombers-Lions match the other week. I hope they were just bought because they in the bargain bin.

Hmm it appears that I'm mistaken.

And if it's any condolance Lee, I MADE SURE I didnt get one. I have a piss-stain one but, without a number, which i think looks okay. But i do have the old AAPT one from the 03 premiership.

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion 2011 Jumper Suggestion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back