Discussion 2011 Jumper Suggestion

Remove this Banner Ad

HSSB, who's that?

god i hate it when idiots change their names, makes it so confusing
It was easy to figure out who you where when you changed your name, lets just leave it at that :p

St Kilda are changing their home jumper for 2011. Instead of white arm and collar cuffs, it will be black.

Kind of like this, I guess.
StKilda-1957.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For decades St Kilda could have made things easier by having a red back instead of black. Why did they persist with a black back?
At the time, no-one else had a fully black back. It wasn't until Collingwood changed theirs fifty years later that everyone is having a whinge. Even as a Pies supporter I find it a little annoying that Collingwood are forcing the change on the Saints.

Black collar and cuffs is going to make the Saints look a lot like both Port and Carlton from the back. We copped a lot of stick for looking too much like Carlton from behind on here when we changed, I wonder if we'll see the same thing.

I don't think the black will look as good, St Kilda should keep their trimming white.

What about something like this, with a tri-colour top and black bottom.

Continues around the front design but still has a predominately black back

StKildaHome.png

Im a sports store manager and recently went to a 2011 footy showing at Windy Hill.

For those who hate the Adidas template, you will be happy to know it is changing in 2011. Collingwood will no longer have the arch in the back containing the 3 stripes but rather revert to the traditional 3 stripe design. They will also remove the logo from their chest and add a small ">" and "<" looking thing on each side of the front 3 white stripes. I think that has to do with the template. For memory, Essendon will have a straighter slash. The collar will be more V necked with the Adidas logo inside rather than the current round neck and be similar to Nike's design.

I also heard Reebok (which is owned by Adidas) is pulling out of Australian Football and not stocking boots and apparel in the country. I'm not sure how this works when Gold Coast is sponsored by Reebok in 2011. But as reported earlier Melbourne already has a new apparel sponsor in New Balance.

It's a bit annoying because I recently finished making all my collars for my illustrator template. Bad timing on my part, really.
I'm glad to hear Adidas is getting rid of the bib though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion 2011 Jumper Suggestion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back