Discussion 2011 Jumper Suggestion

Remove this Banner Ad

WCE.jpg

perhaps a new west coast jumper.

Not bad, but i cant see the Coast flicking the current eagle any time soon.
And the white-navy-gold-navy going down the jumper and shorts clashes with itself a little bit.

It's not like the Docker term isn't used now anyway. Used in general conversation between footy fans, on footy websites (other than the official AFL one), in the team song and is the name of the club magazine.

If they stay as is now, and refer to themselves officially as the Fremantle Football Club, then in essence they should be able to keep the anchor as well as the Dockers term in a unofficial sense. Is that OK or am I missing something?

If they're going to change elements of it, why not go all-out and go for an official nickname, call themselves the Wharfies or something, that they can use on merchandising and what not like the other clubs do?

It's not like the Docker term isn't used now anyway. Used in general conversation between footy fans, on footy websites (other than the official AFL one), in the team song and is the name of the club magazine.

If they stay as is now, and refer to themselves officially as the Fremantle Football Club, then in essence they should be able to keep the anchor as well as the Dockers term in a unofficial sense. Is that OK or am I missing something?

Yeah I'm with you Gibbsyspin, I don't understand what has changed since the original decision was made. Personally I think the club is just trying to revamp the image of the club, but for some reason feels that it needs an excuse to do so. Bringing up the whole Docker situation shifts the blame somewhere else and may help the club retain any outraged fans who love the anchor. Just a theory, but thats what seems to be happening from what I can gather.

Personally it should never have been Dockers in the first place. I'm pretty sure "Wharfies" is the correct term in WA just like it is here in SA. The Big Pav has already introduced us to "Wharfie-time" so they should just forget about the jumper change and run with the Fremantle Wharfies! :thumbsu:

Melbourne Home 2011.
20989.jpg

As was reported, Melbourne will be changing to New Balence for 2011. The home jumper, as you would expect, hasn't changed, but there is changes to the jumper 'template'. New collar ect.

The new melbourne logo also makes an appearence, above the hankook sponser logo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well that template looks as crap as the Adidas one!!

I think it'll look fine on the field.
Personally I have no problem with Adidas's template for Essendon and Collingwood's home jumper.
Collingwood's clash jumper and Adelaides home jumper looked pretty bad though.

Melbourne Home 2011.
20989.jpg

As was reported, Melbourne will be changing to New Balence for 2011. The home jumper, as you would expect, hasn't changed, but there is changes to the jumper 'template'. New collar ect.

I've gotta say I really like it. Interesting to see NB coming into the game as well.....

Melbourne Home 2011.
20989.jpg

According to someone on Demonland there will also be twelve stars on the collar representing each of Melbourne's Premierships. Sounds interesting, will have to wait and see.

Where did you get that template from Molons?

Totally agree 100%! :thumbsu:

I wouldn't change a thing from those designs but sadly I don't see the club doing a backflip. That yellow clash is freakin awesome and 1,000,000% better than the rubbish white one they have at the moment. I can't believe that the Lions have never considered using the original Bears colours after the success of the Fitzroy-style jumper (before they stuffed it up).

According to someone on Demonland there will also be twelve stars on the collar representing each of Melbourne's Premierships. Sounds interesting, will have to wait and see.

That's a marvellous idea.

Don't you just love guernsey rumours in the off-season :thumbsu:

Sweet to see New Balance in the game. Manufactured the umpires shirts for a couple of years but never actually team guernseys. Also does that template have a popped collar lol

Don't you just love guernsey rumours in the off-season :thumbsu:

Sweet to see New Balance in the game. Manufactured the umpires shirts for a couple of years but never actually team guernseys. Also does that template have a popped collar lol

I actually really like the idea of a small "popped" collar, it is something I have considered for a while.

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion 2011 Jumper Suggestion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back