2011 Membership information

Remove this Banner Ad

gravy1

Team Captain
Mar 11, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
I just read the Herald Sun article about capping Legends membership (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/magpies-to-cap-legends/story-e6frf9jf-1225945827226) and wondered how they know a Legends membership will cost $840 next year when the club said it will only reveal 2011 membership information in mid-November.

Then I stumbled upon this: http://membership.collingwoodfc.com.au/legends-membership-2

From there you can view information about most membership packages for next year (some of the links don't work), including pricing and benefits.

I imagine the club didn't intend on this being live until at least mid-November cause there aren't any links to these pages from the normal Collingwood website of Membership website.

The HS article speaks about the price of this years membership not next year. The HS aren't known for their accurate reporting.

The Collingwood membership page is 2010, not 2011.

^ I think these are 2011 prices as they're all definitely more expensive than what I paid in 2010, even though the website actually says 2009.

Also from the Legends page: "Favuorites such as Thompson, Daicos, Rose and Buckley have already been honoured as legends and, in 2011..."

The HS article speaks about the price of this years membership not next year. The HS aren't known for their accurate reporting.

The Collingwood membership page is 2010, not 2011.

It's next years prices, this is the wording in the description:

In 2011, we are delighted to induct the late, great Darren ‘Pants’ Millane.

It's supposed to be on the website from 8/11.

Fair enough then. I was just going by the terms and conditions at the bottom which was stating you had to be a certain age as of the start of 2010.

Already sold me, anyone else grabbing this package? First year in Melbourne for me for a full season of Footy, gonna take my son if feasible (he'll be 20-26 months during the season, how much extra you think for him as well?)

I just read the Herald Sun article about capping Legends membership (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/magpies-to-cap-legends/story-e6frf9jf-1225945827226) and wondered how they know a Legends membership will cost $840 next year when the club said it will only reveal 2011 membership information in mid-November.

Then I stumbled upon this: http://membership.collingwoodfc.com.au/legends-membership-2

From there you can view information about most membership packages for next year (some of the links don't work), including pricing and benefits.

I imagine the club didn't intend on this being live until at least mid-November cause there aren't any links to these pages from the normal Collingwood website of Membership website.

Fluck the price has gone up - knew I should have joined the 5 year membership last year...doh!

Already sold me, anyone else grabbing this package? First year in Melbourne for me for a full season of Footy, gonna take my son if feasible (he'll be 20-26 months during the season, how much extra you think for him as well?)

Why would you take a child so young to the football

Why would you take a child so young to the football

Dad was taking me, and my brother from that age

And I think 4 and under is free? May have changed though

Does anyone know when they send out the papers to renew?

Desperately wanna get a Legends membership for next year. With a cap on them I'm thinking I might have to ring them up.

From Eddie:

Membership renewal packs for 2011 will be sent to all existing members from mid November 2010. <I><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: arial,helvetica,sans-serif"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt">Any Members on the Magpie Monthly Pay or Auto Renew programs will be sent relevant information regarding their membership packages and confirmation of their payment plans within the first two weeks of November 2010.<SPAN>

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From Eddie:

Membership renewal packs for 2011 will be sent to all existing members from mid November 2010. <I><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: arial,helvetica,sans-serif"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt">Any Members on the Magpie Monthly Pay or Auto Renew programs will be sent relevant information regarding their membership packages and confirmation of their payment plans within the first two weeks of November 2010.<SPAN>

Sorry, didn't come out too well. Try again:

Membership renewal packs for 2011 will be sent to all existing members from mid November 2010.

Any Members on the Magpie Monthly Pay or Auto Renew programs will be sent relevant information regarding their membership packages and confirmation of their payment plans within the first two weeks of November 2010.

New Membership sales for 2011 will commence towards the end of November 2010.

Please call 1300 MAGPIE (624743) or email membership@collingwoodfc.com.au if you have any further membership queries or wish to be added to the mailing list to receive new membership information once 2011 packages have been released for sale.

I hope that Collingwood do the right thing and keep prices the same.

The Collingwood membership pack is one of the worst in the AFL at the moment - cap, stickers, card and that is pretty much it.

Why do we have to pay extra for a members scarf when St kilda, hawthorn, etc get them for free as part of the cost for membership.

I have a bad feeling they will jack up the prices to capitalise further on the bottom line as a result of the premiership success.

Looks like they're definitley upped the price. I just noticed on my Magpies Account on their website.

$840. Does that include Eddie driving us to the game each week? ;)

$840 for full paying members next year, $596 for concession, which means anyone with student cards from universitys, health care cards etc

Good luck, but suspect neither of you will enjoy the game.

Dad was taking me, and my brother from that age

And I think 4 and under is free? May have changed though

I think under 7 is free.
I have AFL Memberships and paid joining fee for my youngest child 3 years ago when she was 4. She has received a Membership card for free for the last three years because she was under 7 so I could reserve seats for her. Next year I have to start paying because she has turned 7, although I get some free memberships for kids because there are 5 of us in all. However, it can be a pain in backside taking small kids to footy. The little one always falls asleep on purpose and tells me that she does not want to waste her whole life going to football every week. Funny child.

I love that my Dad didn't take me to the footy until i was 6 years old. I remember Dad taking me to my first game, one of my favourite memories.

Who the hell does a baby to the football? Hope you're not planning on watching the game?

I'm looking at the form they sent last week, the one about the level 2 Ponsford stand waiting list, and it says if I sign the form by the 30th of November I'll be in 215th place on said waiting list.

The thing is, I'm actually on level 2 in the Ponsford stand for home games already, and I love my Etihad seats. The only seats I want to change are the MCG away games where we are situated one row behind the cheersquad. Truly awful seats.:thumbsdown:

I guess I'll have to ring the club, but if I sign the form will I lose the seats I like? I'm honestly not expecting that waiting list to move very quickly over the next few years and I get the impression that if I sign to go onto the waiting list, I keep my same 2010 seats. Does anyone know whether I could not sign the list, then just ask the club to shift my MCG away game seating away from the cheersquad? If I did that, would they be able to keep my other seats as they are?

Remove this Banner Ad

2011 Membership information

Remove this Banner Ad

Back