2011 Membership information

Remove this Banner Ad

In summary, membership prices have gone up, and an item of previous memberships has been removed. The only extra benefit added to last years is an increase in merch discount which requires you to spend more money anyway.

Okay.

I'm a 14 year member(since 1997 season, so Gold member) & never was offered any special member merchandise. Has anyone else reached gold & received this special merchandise they speak of??

I'm silver. I emailed the club store around three months ago, about the members discount we receive, and they said they'd send the one off discount voucher at the end of the year (Silver got 25% off as far as I recall). Have no idea about this "special merchandise".

I'm silver. I emailed the club store around three months ago, about the members discount we receive, and they said they'd send the one off discount voucher at the end of the year (Silver got 25% off as far as I recall). Have no idea about this "special merchandise".

Actually, last night, as i was going through some old boxes i found some "special merchandise" that makes me a liar. I received a pin that says 10 year member. it's about an inch long & about a quarter of an inch wide. I also have a certificate saying i'm a 10 year member. I remember at the time that i enquired at the club about the "special merchandise" as i'vee seen members with caps that say "member since 19XX". I was supoosed to be getting a call back that never came.

I also note now that the polo is no longer available seperately. It's now 2011 members cap for $10, 2011 members scarf for $15 or 2011 members pack including cap, scarf & polo for $39.95. So the marketing genius who was charging $44.95 for the polo & $39.95 for the pack including the polo, scarf & cap has realised their mistake.

http://membership.collingwoodfc.com.au/members-scarf-members-polo

Mmmm, not sure what I'll do yet regarding my membership.

I was Silver AFL + Social Club this year, and got to both grand finals, but frankly I don't believe the club when they say Captains + Social Club members will go into the ballot for next season's grandfinal (if we were to make it) seats since I reckon Legends members will take the full allocation. On the other hand, the seats left for Legends members aren't as good as where I can sit as an AFL member, so basically I'd be paying $500odd bucks just to ensure a possible grand final seat.

So basically, I'm not sure if I should upgrade my Social Club to Legends, or just be content in knowing I saw this years flag and just keep Silver AFL and wait for my full AFL membership.

Damn decisions!

So basically, I'm not sure if I should upgrade my Social Club to Legends, or just be content in knowing I saw this years flag and just keep Silver AFL and wait for my full AFL membership.

Upgrade to Legends and then wait for us to bottom out again and get rid of it while you wait for Gold :thumbsu:

Remember how happy you were when we won the flag this year? Money can't buy that feeling :)

I was Silver AFL + Social Club this year, and got to both grand finals, but frankly I don't believe the club when they say Captains + Social Club members will go into the ballot for next season's grandfinal (if we were to make it) seats since I reckon Legends members will take the full allocation. On the other hand, the seats left for Legends members aren't as good as where I can sit as an AFL member, so basically I'd be paying $500odd bucks just to ensure a possible grand final seat.

Damn decisions!

I am in the same boat as you mate, I really want to upgrade to a legends package but my brother and dad are the only Collinwgood fans I know and they wont get a legends membership ship which means Id have to go and sit by myself, I wouldnt really want to do that for a whole season. Or should I just stay with Social club and hope I get lucky again next season and get a GF ticket, should we make it.

Damn decisions!

I am in the same boat as you mate, I really want to upgrade to a legends package but my brother and dad are the only Collinwgood fans I know and they wont get a legends membership ship which means Id have to go and sit by myself, I wouldnt really want to do that for a whole season. Or should I just stay with Social club and hope I get lucky again next season and get a GF ticket, should we make it.

This is the option that my wife & i chose last season. 2011 will be my 4th season as a silver AFL member & i've been a social club member as well since 2002. My (expensive) plan is to do both again at a cost of about $860 for both & ride the wave of success that the club should bring. It's not cheap following football but i don't drink or smoke or do much else but go watch the pies every week & with no kids yet i can still justify it while my circumstances are this way.

Good luck either way & i hope your team wins the next 50 premierships :D

Collingwood FC have just published a members FAQ on their website.

I guess they're receiving a lot of complaints about being greedy.

Absurd excuses given.

They point to reserved seats costs to their price increase, yet we are still far more expensive than other MCG tenants, all of whom offer greater membership packages.

Members cap being crap quality is also a cop out. Hawthorn give a loyalty scarf each year to their members. You can still deliver free decent product as part of a membership package.

You expect a bit more when you've almost spent a $1000. It's really disappointing to see our club treat us as cash cows, instead of loyal members and supporters.

Ant when you spend your money are you paying t support the club and guarantee yourself access to games or do you want the hat teh scarf the other stuff

Yes it expensive, yes its annoying but you are still getting what you wanted to purchase originally

Ant when you spend your money are you paying t support the club and guarantee yourself access to games or do you want the hat teh scarf the other stuff

Yes it expensive, yes its annoying but you are still getting what you wanted to purchase originally

Opti,

Of course, I got my membership didn't I?

But as a member, and as someone who has been attending games and supporting the club all of his life, am I not entitled to expect a bit more in return?

We show great loyalty and support to our club, it'd be nice if they showed it back.

It's clear that the club looks at its members through $$$ signs, and that's it. We are cash cows, not valued members, and I oppose this attitude from the club.

For the richest and most powerful club, we are the most stingy when it comes to members benefits, and they rip us off at every chance they take.

As members, we ought to lobby for a better deal. It is our club after all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Opti,

Of course, I got my membership didn't I?

But as a member, and as someone who has been attending games and supporting the club all of his life, am I not entitled to expect a bit more in return?

We show great loyalty and support to our club, it'd be nice if they showed it back.

It's clear that the club looks at its members through $$$ signs, and that's it. We are cash cows, not valued members, and I oppose this attitude from the club.

For the richest and most powerful club, we are the most stingy when it comes to members benefits, and they rip us off at every chance they take.

As members, we ought to lobby for a better deal. It is our club after all.
All clubs see their members as cash cows, and they charge what they feel their members will pay, basically you think the deal is too pricey and poor then the only way to fix it is to stop buying it and hope others follow suit. As much as i agree it's pricey good luck getting others to help.

The membership pack issue, I've really never cared only member hat i ever used was 08 the rest were rubbish, the only part i enjoy other then access is the social club medallion.

The real issue is our memberships are expensive but there is high demand on our memberships and as annoying and as ruthless as it is, it is very hard to judge the club for using its membership sales to generate revenue

All clubs see their members as cash cows, and they charge what they feel their members will pay, basically you think the deal is too pricey and poor then the only way to fix it is to stop buying it and hope others follow suit. As much as i agree it's pricey good luck getting others to help.

The membership pack issue, I've really never cared only member hat i ever used was 08 the rest were rubbish, the only part i enjoy other then access is the social club medallion.

The real issue is our memberships are expensive but there is high demand on our memberships and as annoying and as ruthless as it is, it is very hard to judge the club for using its membership sales to generate revenue

Exactly!! It's simple economics. Demand is high & if you don't pay the price set by the club another supporter will & i guarantee the legends cap will be reached & then some.

If i go through "mymagpies" account and try and order the supporter pack it charges me $44.95. I thought it was meant to be $39.95?
Does anybody else get this?

If i go through "mymagpies" account and try and order the supporter pack it charges me $44.95. I thought it was meant to be $39.95?
Does anybody else get this?
delivery charge

I'm aware of the supply/demand logic.

But whether the demand is high or low doesn't excuse the fact that we have a lousy membership package, especially for what we pay.

Hawthorn offer their fans a scarf, not exactly crap quality.

Our club is over-milking the members. Yes, we're fanatical, yes, we'll probably spend a ridiculous amount, but it can't be just the supporters that give, and the club pulls back.

The club has to give its members some value in return, which it isn't. And you agree with this point, so what are we arguing exactly?

I'm aware of the supply/demand logic.

But whether the demand is high or low doesn't excuse the fact that we have a lousy membership package, especially for what we pay.

Hawthorn offer their fans a scarf, not exactly crap quality.

Our club is over-milking the members. Yes, we're fanatical, yes, we'll probably spend a ridiculous amount, but it can't be just the supporters that give, and the club pulls back.

The club has to give its members some value in return, which it isn't. And you agree with this point, so what are we arguing exactly?
I just find complaining about the membership pack is a bit of a wank, no one buys the membership for a free hat/scarf/shirt whatever other rubbish tidbit they give, they buy the membership for the membership.

Our prices wont drop unless thousands of members refuse to pay that isn't going to happen, especially because a free hat (that was shit in the first place) isn't free anymore

I just find complaining about the membership pack is a bit of a wank, no one buys the membership for a free hat/scarf/shirt whatever other rubbish tidbit they give, they buy the membership for the membership.

Our prices wont drop unless thousands of members refuse to pay that isn't going to happen, especially because a free hat (that was shit in the first place) isn't free anymore

Opti,

I know you're always going to defend and rationalise whatever the club does. You always do.

No one is talking about not signing up because they're not going to receive a free hat.

Did I not sign up? I still forked out my $840.

But as members, we should expect better value. It's the principle of our club trying to milk its members, instead of giving something back.

Why are you arguing with a complaint that you already said you agree with?

And no, I don't agree that boycotting the club is the only way to voice your disapproval about something. That's a bit extreme, and I believe you're responding to your own extreme suggestions.

Are yes principle

Simple question the money you paid was it so you were guaranteed a seat at all Vic matches, and guaranteed priority access to finals/grand final?

If so what's the complaint you got exactly what you signed up for as much as getting a free scarf with hawthorn or Melbourne is nice they also get less Melbourne matches to attend

Are yes principle

Simple question the money you paid was it so you were guaranteed a seat at all Vic matches, and guaranteed priority access to finals/grand final?

If so what's the complaint you got exactly what you signed up for as much as getting a free scarf with hawthorn or Melbourne is nice they also get less Melbourne matches to attend

For a shit load less money!

Mate, we're really going around in circles here, so I'm gonna call it a day.

The hat is only an issue because it has been taken away.

If they never offered it in the first place, I wouldn't care.

The other thing I liked about the cap is that there would be a sea of them at games and around the place - now not EVERY member will have one, and I like all members having an identifiable item.

Shouldn't matter too much, as everyone will be wearing B&W anyway and I'll probably wear my premiers cap!

Remove this Banner Ad

2011 Membership information

Remove this Banner Ad

Back