2011 Membership information

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll be sticking with the same package I have had for as many years as I can remember, and that is.

* Full AFL Member with Collingwood Club Support
* 11 game home reserved seats (Southern Stand HFF at MCG, wing at Etihad).

I am guaranteed a GF ticket if we make it, and get reserved seats to our away games for $5 if needed.:)

With the AFL membership, do you need to have a reserved seat?

I'm looking for a membership that guarantees me a GF ticket if we make it but not interested in a reserved seat.

With the AFL membership, do you need to have a reserved seat?

I'm looking for a membership that guarantees me a GF ticket if we make it but not interested in a reserved seat.

Nah, don't need a reserved seat most weeks, only against the big teams (Carlton, Essendon).

Although to guarantee a GF ticket (if we are in it) the waiting period to go from a silver member (only access is to first 2 weeks of the finals) to a Gold/Full member is 8-10 years now (still better then the MCC, but it's a long wait).

When I first heard about the hat issue I was about to write to the club, however look deeper into it and it isn't too bad.

Firstly we get 15% off anything at the Westpac centre, up from 10% last season, an added benefit that will save people a bit over the year.

The package of a hat, scarf and polo is a bargain at 40 bucks, especially since they've upgraded their supplier. It is a bit of a cash grab which I'm not liking, but at least it is very good value.

Our membership prices were frozen last year as well, most premiership teams jack up their membership prices but ours have stayed the same. Compared with other teams we have a pretty good deal, MCG blockbuster matches, the social club etc.

I'll be renewing my legends membership and buying my merchandise package. $635 (inc merchandise) bucks for a seasons enjoyment and fulfillment isn't that bad ay!

Yay I renewed my Legends membership.

Excuse me while I go outside to beg for money because I'm hungry and can no longer afford to feed myself.

upgraded my soc club memberhsip to a legends today. Got lucky this year and saw both GF's but it couldn't happen again I figure. The weird thing is I had always planned on upgrading to legends for next year cos that's when I thought our window was seriously open - on this occasion I am very happy to be proven wrong. But I'm not opting in for the cap they don't suit me anyway and I've still got a few years in my current polo, maybe the scarf next year when I see them. How many more sleeps is it????

Just bought my first Membership and couldn't be happier to support the club I love. In the last 3 years, I've been to 3 games due to working on weekends, so I only got an 11 game season ticket for $175, plus the supporter Package at $44.95 inc postage. Every time I have been able to go to a game, I've spent more than $50 on Merchandise anyway, So under $50 for a hat, scarf and polo is a great deal. Anybody know when they send these out?

Collingwood dont give about there members like the hawkies do for me
they just simply want the money
Is this the same Hawthorn that sells 3 of their home games each year 500km's south, and then gives you compensatory access to someone elses home game?:eek:

Nothing says "looking after your members" better then selling home games.

When I first heard about the hat issue I was about to write to the club, however look deeper into it and it isn't too bad.

I don't know you can say it isn't too bad. Basically a member benefit that has been free for the past 10+ years you now have to pay for. $40 maybe good value over retail price but again the club is making you pay for the privilege and it's no good to members who can't afford the extra money which most other clubs give for free as a member benefit (scarf & hat not polo). Also 15% discount is again no good to members who can't afford to spend any extra anyway so it's not really a tangible benefit until realized.

The lack of loyalty shown by the club to it's members is disgusting especially in these tough times when interest rates are rising.

Hawthorn are a better club than collingwood full stop

Except we have:
More premierships
More members
More wins all time
More money
More supporters
Most recent premiership of the two clubs

Want me to go on numnuts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know you can say it isn't too bad. Basically a member benefit that has been free for the past 10+ years you now have to pay for. $40 maybe good value over retail price but again the club is making you pay for the privilege and it's no good to members who can't afford the extra money which most other clubs give for free as a member benefit (scarf & hat not polo). Also 15% discount is again no good to members who can't afford to spend any extra anyway so it's not really a tangible benefit until realized.

The lack of loyalty shown by the club to it's members is disgusting especially in these tough times when interest rates are rising.
Rates have risen but they are still compared to what we had not all that long ago

Thats a bit if a cop out really

But yes I agree our memberships are pricey

Rates have risen but they are still compared to what we had not all that long ago

Thats a bit if a cop out really

But yes I agree our memberships are pricey

I don't know about you but it is not really a member benefit if you have to pay extra. Call it a member offer perhaps. But the simple facts that in 2011 prices have gone up and member benefits have decreased and I am so disappointed, given the club made a killing in merchandise as a result of the two grand finals and subsequent premiers merchandise.

We have more pride and the
best captain
AA Captain
i am not the num one

Pride? Is that what is was when freo belted you in finals week 1 or when you missed the finals in 09?

In fact since 01 once finished ahead of us once....

And individual awards? We have four current all Australians, plus 2 former, swan is the reigning aflpa/aflca mvp, herald sun player of the year plus numerous other media awards, even nominated for Australian sports person of the year.

Did I mention we are the reigning premiers after a dominant home and away year?

You can't even troll right

The hat + polo + scarf deal is really good value. That being said, you've got to wonder whose idea it was to charge for the hats, it's obviously going to upset people. They could have just offered the hats for free as normal, and then offered just the scarf and polo for $40 trumpeting it as a huge saving on last year, and everyone would have thought that was a great deal and the club would have looked a whole lot better. They would have sold quite a lot of them too. All people are going to see here is the charge on the hats that they used to get for free as part of the package.

Strange decision by the club, but I guess they know they'll sell 65000+ memberships regardless, so PR is not that important at this point. As it is, the increase of $45 for the legends membership which they are obviously expecting to be the hottest ticket in town this year already looked cynical enough, without the hat fee on top of it.

Anyway you look at it the Legends membership is a bloody expensive package. The Demons package for a similar price includes a presidents luncheon, a pass into the rooms for one game, and the ability to purchase guest passes. I'm sure other clubs offer more things along these lines as well.

Still, I'll be renewing tomorrow, and I'll be getting a 2011 cap as well.:cool:

I don't know about you but it is not really a member benefit if you have to pay extra. Call it a member offer perhaps. But the simple facts that in 2011 prices have gone up and member benefits have decreased and I am so disappointed, given the club made a killing in merchandise as a result of the two grand finals and subsequent premiers merchandise.

Never mentioned benefits, even said our memberships were pricey.....I'd know I just bought the most expensive one

I just said the rates call was a cop out. I might add I would wager they don't raise for another 6 months

Anyway yes we don't get a cap, but seriously as annoying as that is do you really buy your membership for a free (rubbish) hat? I dont

Remove this Banner Ad

2011 Membership information

Remove this Banner Ad

Back