2011 Official Trade/Delisting Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Tap Tap On The Shoulder

I think it should be noted that guys like McVeigh and hille should be treated with respect as players and the club needs to handle it much better than the lloyd/lucas fiasco.

I am confident Jim will handle it as he does everything else - excellently.

I wouldn't mind keeping both these guys (IF they were happy with it) on the list for one more season for depth/coverage but certainly not starters.

Dyson on the other hand can go now, 2 years ago, 5 years ago...

Gee you keep going on about this alleged fiasco, Lloyd and Lucas were done and dusted. Any idea of him playing on with seven matches hanging over his head is whimsical.

The big Hille is a champ but sadly, I agree that his time has come. Kept as a Bendigo depth player would be ideal.
Welsh-Gone
McVeigh-Gone
Quinn- Gone
Lovett-Murray- Gone
Daniher- Gone
Davey-Gone
Dyson-Gone
Slattery-Bendigo unless we are absolutely, totally and utterly smashed with injury and Hirdy forgot his boots.

Fletcher-Go on as long as he feels he can. Surely wont be past 2012 though.
Gumbleton-2012 is make or break

A lot needs to change with the current list, if we are considering giving any of the top list of players games we are going nowhere. They are either finished or they are list cloggers. The sun is setting on Fletch's awesome career and Gumby is running out of time.

Some difficult essential calls for Hirdy to make in order for EFC to move forward.

2010 dean cox injured cant run cant jump finished 2011 all australian give hill another year at worst gives back up support to tbell and patty

I want Hillie to stay on for another year but as a depth or reserve ruckman.

If he had any trade value, it wouldnt be great and this years draft is supposed to be very shallow so I am not convinced this would be a good option for us.

Belly & Ryder are our best options going forward however Hillie would be a great insurance policy to have in reserve. At least until Jenkins was ready to play ( which I hear is sooner rather than many think). Keep him as a reserve & play Belly for the rest of the season.

The same policy should apply to Hibberd over Slatts.

Jenkins kicked 5 goals in the VFL on the weekend so he might be better then alot are predicting.

imo -
GAWN
Welsh
Williams(retired today)
Davey(traded)
Dyson(traded/delisted)

Possible GAWN
Mcveigh
Prismall(traded)
Daniher
Gumbleton(traded)

Daniher- Gone

I think in a recent Essendon video it was mentioned that some of the surgery he's had recently discovered... some sort of issue that has been resolved and should fix the bulk of the problem's he's been having.

But then, I don't know if that necessarily means that they've got a lot of hope for his future.

Mark McVeigh is clear number 1.

So to answer the initial question Hille goes, probably to another club if he's given the boot, and Bellchambers gets a signifigant injury at any time during the year we are left with Ryder and ... Jenkins :eek:. Just a few weeks ago Angus Graham had 40 hit outs against Bellchambers.

I actualy don't mind Angus Graham. He's on the outer at Richmond and I think he'd add good depth. Only 24. I think he showed a bit both up forward and in the ruck last year, I was expecting him to have a breakout year this year, so maybe his breakout year could be at Essendon, 2012.

Hille is giving us very little though. In the first half his use of the body in the ruck was very good but then again, Warnock IS a beanpole. Hille has been long overrated by Essendon supporters. The only thing he brings to the team is a big body at the minute.

I actualy don't mind Angus Graham. He's on the outer at Richmond and I think he'd add good depth. Only 24. I think he showed a bit both up forward and in the ruck last year, I was expecting him to have a breakout year this year, so maybe his breakout year could be at Essendon, 2012.

Hille is giving us very little though. In the first half his use of the body in the ruck was very good but then again, Warnock IS a beanpole. Hille has been long overrated by Essendon supporters. The only thing he brings to the team is a big body at the minute.

Disagree with this. He's been one of our only shinning lights from 08-10. It is clear though that his body isn't what it used to be and he needs to be moved way for TBELL.

How he didn't get AA in 08 was crazy i thought.

Disagree with this. He's been one of our only shinning lights from 08-10. It is clear though that his body isn't what it used to be and needs to be moved way for TBELL.

How he didn't get AA in 08 was blood crazy.

Hille didn't deserve AA in '08, he played 6 great games for the year and the rest were average/ordinary. I would've liked him to get in there cos

How he won the B&F in '08 is beyond me. He had below average numbers for a no. 1 ruckman and Lloyd bagged 60+.

In '09 he did a knee, last year he was irrelevant and this year he's been a liability most weeks.

He's had an average AFL career but plenty of BF supporters have seen him as having a great career - hence he's been overrated by Essendon supporters.

Hille didn't deserve AA in '08, he played 6 great games for the year and the rest were average/ordinary. I would've liked him to get in there cos

How he won the B&F in '08 is beyond me. He had below average numbers for a no. 1 ruckman and Lloyd bagged 60+.

In '09 he did a knee, last year he was irrelevant and this year he's been a liability most weeks.

He's had an average AFL career but plenty of BF supporters have seen him as having a great career - hence he's been overrated by Essendon supporters.

I certainly remember people being up and about it. I remember some papers talking about how he deserved it (i think Ling missed out to). He's never been a great Tap Ruckmen but his link up around the ground was awesome in 08. Last year he was good for most of the year and before he did his knee in 09 he was on par.

Don't pull the pin on Hilley too soon. Big men don't grow on trees, especially experienced, skilled, goalkicking ones. It was only round one this year against the Dogs that I thought he played one of his best games for the club. Granted it was round 1 and the wear and tear hadn't kicked in. But imagine his worth if his body can come up over the pre-season. He has a big body in the middle which gives a lot of protection for our developing midfield. Bellchambers has the size for this but hasn't used it yet.
My main concern the past month or so is that Hille has seemed a little disinterested at times, spectating a bit, and his second efforts are lacking. Could this be a drop in confidence or is he carrying a niggling injury? I'm keeping the faith in the big fella. A good trade with GWS however cannot be dicounted.

I certainly remember people being up and about it. I remember some papers talking about how he deserved it (i think Ling missed out to). He's never been a great Tap Ruckmen but his link up around the ground was awesome in 08. Last year he was good for most of the year and before he did his knee in 09 he was on par.

I can't agree. Essendon supporters were hopeful of finally seing an AA player from their club other than Fletch. Hille had a great 6 game patch in the middle of the season but did little before then or after.

Hille's first 4 and a bit games in '09 were very average. Ryder showed he was better than Hille at the age of 21 and with relatively no ruck experience.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't agree. Essendon supporters were hopeful of finally seing an AA player from their club other than Fletch. Hille had a great 6 game patch in the middle of the season but did little before then or after.

Hille's first 4 and a bit games in '09 were very average. Ryder showed he was better than Hille at the age of 21 and with relatively no ruck experience.

We can both agree that Hille needs to go now or at least become a depth player till he can find something. But i really do believe Hille Deserved his AA in 08. Ah well in the past now.

2010 dean cox injured cant run cant jump finished 2011 all australian give hill another year at worst gives back up support to tbell and patty

Have you ever heard of full stops or capital letters?

Just wondering but could Gumby ever be converted into a ruckman??
Has the athletic ability such as leap, runs well, apparently good below the knees.

Hille is struggling.

Our match against WC in Perth last year: Gumby was the only one to out-ruck their boys in the pieces where we went up for the tap.

Definitely retired:

Williams

Should be retired:

McVeigh
Welsh
Hille

Trade:

Dyson
Gumbleton
Reimers
Myers

Delist:

Neagle
Silverlock
T. Slattery
Quinn
Webster
Meli

Rookie:

Daniher
Long

Therefore:

Watson, Stanton, Monfries, Jetta, Winderlich, Prismall, Zaharakis, Lonergan, Dempsey, Pears, Melksham, Hurley, H. Slattery, Heppell, Carlisle, Browne, Steinberg, Hooker, Davis, Davey, Ryder, Fletcher, Colyer, Hardingham, Ross, Hocking, Howlett, Lovett-Murray, Hibberd, Bellchambers and Crameri make up the senior list.

From there I would do this:

* Enquire about Lovett, and say if we sign you, you are on a minimum salary - you will have a minder and you will work and live with your cousin Lovett-Murray;

* Take both Joe Daniher and Tom Fields under the father-son rule;

* Look at either drafting or rookieing Ben Duscher, Sam Dunell, Tory Dickson and Matt Little

* Elevating Jenkins off the rookie list.

Why get rid of Hille? He's a veteran as of next year isn't he?
I wonder how big of a clean up we're looking at next year? I think Welsh will stay, he's low currency and rated highly by fellow clubmen.
Trading Gumby would depend on the currency that other clubs offer.
Reimers is a keeper, has a tonne of talent, just needs a few years to get his head right.
Myers is one I would consider trading.
We should keep Daniher.
Ricky Dyson should be moved on.
I have no idea what to do with McVeigh.

I don't think Gumby is tradeable. Or worth trading anyway. We may as well take the laycock style persistence and hope approach by giving him another year..

So Im looking at Pazza's suggestion and it reads to me 10 guys off the senior list, is this correct?

It rounds up to 8, with Crameri and Jenkins elevated for Daniher and Long to be rookied.

After getting Joe Daniher and Fields onto the list, it becomes 6.

Giving it some thought overnight, I'd like us to take Dickson and Little in the draft, with Duscher and Dunell rookied.

And if we do take Lovett, a juicy PSD selection.

No way the club will turn over that many players in a compromised draft and when by reports next years crop is stronger.

It rounds up to 8, with Crameri and Jenkins elevated for Daniher and Long to be rookied.

After getting Joe Daniher and Fields onto the list, it becomes 6.

Giving it some thought overnight, I'd like us to take Dickson and Little in the draft, with Duscher and Dunell rookied.

And if we do take Lovett, a juicy PSD selection.

So Essendon becomes the Bendigo Bombers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back