2011 Stupid Season thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Dusties look like having a fairly young team next year. A couple of young blokes from Narre have been training and a couple of ex Warragul Players also have been training. Will have to wait and see until next year tho to see if they stay. Havnt heard of anyone leaving the club yet.

what about rhett ohara. staying or going??.

Hobbo def staying, havnt heard anything on the Larossa's Danny is meant to be heading to Noosa to play

Dusties look like having a fairly young team next year. A couple of young blokes from Narre have been training and a couple of ex Warragul Players also have been training. Will have to wait and see until next year tho to see if they stay. Havnt heard of anyone leaving the club yet.

Training already, that is ****ing ridiculous if it true.

alot of teams have started training, not just Dusties. Have started this early the last 2 years and have had our best seasons for a long time.

alot of teams have started training, not just Dusties. Have started this early the last 2 years and have had our best seasons for a long time.

Unless your really smart with your training and do everything properly you will just end up with injuries and blokes will tire second half of the year, Which happended last year at the dusties. THink $$$ had more to do with the good season than better fitness.
When nyora was a good side we never started til january and seemed to have less injuries and finished the season stronger than everyone else, blokes are told that they need to do a bit before then cos trainign is tough.

The league is a bit more professional now than when Nyora won the flag Leo. If you are going to be any chance now you need to start before Christmas.

Take a look at the Casey Scorpions Leo. They officially started training two weeks ago, but before that they had a pre pre-season which ran over 6 weeks getting in most of their core running. Just means that you can get the balls out earlier and work on drills and tactics in January-February instead of getting you core fitness levels up.

Exactly Surkin, well said. Leo you have know idea why Dusties struggled at the end of the year it certainly didnt have anything to do with starting training to early. Do all the running before christmas and ball work after chrissy. Doesnt matter when ya start training most people carry injuries during the year. If ya said 2's were starting now i would agree you'd ahve to be crazy, most us havnt even thought about it.

Exactly Surkin, well said. Leo you have know idea why Dusties struggled at the end of the year it certainly didnt have anything to do with starting training to early. Do all the running before christmas and ball work after chrissy. Doesnt matter when ya start training most people carry injuries during the year. If ya said 2's were starting now i would agree you'd ahve to be crazy, most us havnt even thought about it.

Maybe thats where Dusties went wrong?.. There shouldnt be "ones" and "twos". It should be 40 odd senior footballers all putting in as much as eachother from the first session untill round 1...

Just my 2 cents...

fair call but most "2"s players like myself dont want to think about footy until after christmas.

I was always of the opinion the the pre-Christmas sessions were more to get the group together and to have a rough kick about witha bit of fitness thrown in. Certainly no point running people into the ground then taking a month off where all that fitness would be lost.

You might say people do their own running over the break, but how many do and those that do would probably do their own running pre-Christmas without training anyway.

Casey Scorpions have elite fitness staff, excellent facilities and a group of hardcore fitness fanatics.

There's no point Key Position players doing running now, the bigger frames aren't made for it.

At least the grounds are a bit softer these days. Some of the running sessions on rock hard grounds all summer would do way more harm than good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

isnt Shane "fellow" Newcombe coaching Koo Wee??? If so he's not new to league he coached dusties a few years ago and took them into the finals. There 2's coach is ex Dusties ruckman Gerard Bongiorno.

Also took Lang Lang to two grand finals. I wasn't playing back then but everyone that was rates him very highly as a coach. Seemed to be able to get the most out of his players, especially those with limited capabilities. Also the blokes playing back then reckon he got them as fit as they have ever been.

Also took Lang Lang to two grand finals. I wasn't playing back then but everyone that was rates him very highly as a coach. Seemed to be able to get the most out of his players, especially those with [/B]limited capabilities Also the blokes playing back then reckon he got them as fit as they have ever been.

Sure u werent playing rattlesnake?

Lang Lang had some good sides back then surkin, paid a lot of cash too.

I just think there is no point running yourself into the ground now and being burnt out round 14. Unless you have professional fitness staff looking after you, you cant keep in top shape that long. There is a reason professional swimmers and runners dont stay fit 12 months of the year.

Not sure it is the same Shane Newcome. The picture in the paper a while back looked nothing like him (skinny and white).
Is KWR's the ex Lang Lang one or another Shane Newcome?

Remove this Banner Ad

2011 Stupid Season thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back