Mega Thread 2011 Trade Talk (not draft talk)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Trade Talk (not draft talk) #2

Can I just ask, there has been so much talk about Mitch Clark (in fact that's essentially been all the talk) - can anyone see another trade involving Brisbane happening this trade week? Perhaps for someone like Retzlaff/Acorn (many clubs want a key forward and could give us lots for him), or if we were lucky enough to convince them he was good, Tom Collier?

Clark is the obvious one, but I have a feeling he may not be the only trade that gets done.

Can I just ask, there has been so much talk about Mitch Clark (in fact that's essentially been all the talk) - can anyone see another trade involving Brisbane happening this trade week? Perhaps for someone like Retzlaff/Acorn (many clubs want a key forward and could give us lots for him), or if we were lucky enough to convince them he was good, Tom Collier?

Clark is the obvious one, but I have a feeling he may not be the only trade that gets done.

G'day pattyk, anymore news on the Jack Anthony front from what you mentioned last week with the voss meet and greet?

G'day pattyk, anymore news on the Jack Anthony front from what you mentioned last week with the voss meet and greet?

Well he's gone back home now, that's all his dad has told me. Not because things didn't go well, just because the trip over here he had booked to visit family has ended. Not sure if anything has or will come from it, but apparently he loved his time here and his dad said that he didn't want to go back to Perth. So at least if we did get him, I'd assume his head would be in the right place and he would want to be here.

Bloody heck.
Jack Anthony ....Not good enough.....and a tool from all reports.
Suited to playing VFL.
Duffield...Softer than margarine.
Glad some of you aren't in our recruiting dept.
And if you recruit for depth when you're down the bottom of the ladder you have your priorities wrong.
All you will get is list cloggers.

Yeah, including the Brisbane Lions.

True, but personally I don't hold high hopes for Retzlaff. Could convince others of his potential though. I feel much better about Acorn as a long term prospect than Retzlaff.

True, but personally I don't hold high hopes for Retzlaff. Could convince others of his potential though. I feel much better about Acorn as a long term prospect than Retzlaff.

Clubs aren't like BF posters though - they tend to watch opposition games. They'd be no convincing. They either like what they see or they don't.

Even if he doesn't make it. He's still depth ATM.

Probably should be on the Private Confessions board, but they are my exact sentiments entirely...would welcome to be proven wrong though.

Second that. Acorn has great hands and is a good lead, just needs to work on his endurance and he'll be awesome. Retzlaff on the other hand looks like the prototype athlete, but is a bit of a Jesse White type in that he gets almost no possessions and doesn't get in the right positions. I am happy to be proved wrong by him though

Second that. Acorn has great hands and is a good lead, just needs to work on his endurance and he'll be awesome. Retzlaff on the other hand looks like the prototype athlete, but is a bit of a Jesse White type in that he gets almost no possessions and doesn't get in the right positions. I am happy to be proved wrong by him though

Hawkins didn't look much in his first AFL year either...Watts has struggled to make an impact, this year is the first year he looked at home... Takes time...Acorn has struggled... Retzlaff still learning his craft...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawkins didn't look much in his first AFL year either...Watts has struggled to make an impact, this year is the first year he looked at home... Takes time...Acorn has struggled... Retzlaff still learning his craft...

Totally agree, also think Retzy showed promise. I thought he showed good awareness early in dishing it off to other forwards when they were in better positions. Slowed a bit as the season wore on, but that is what developing players do. I vote stay the course with these two kids.

Don't totally agree that Acorn struggled. I thought he showed exactly how damaging he can be. A little like Pods in that he may be quiet for a half and then kick four in ten minutes. Perhaps I am an optimist.

Anthony could potentially be a good player if he gets his shit together, can play back and forward. Wouldn't be that bad if we got him in the trade week.

Yeah, I'd tried convincing people of that point last week, but wasn't popular haha. He'd be versatile and cost us sweet f-all so there would only be upside

Totally agree, also think Retzy showed promise. I thought he showed good awareness early in dishing it off to other forwards when they were in better positions. Slowed a bit as the season wore on, but that is what developing players do. I vote stay the course with these two kids.

Don't totally agree that Acorn struggled. I thought he showed exactly how damaging he can be. A little like Pods in that he may be quiet for a half and then kick four in ten minutes. Perhaps I am an optimist.

Yeah sorry reference was he struggled to make team selection...

If Anthony is part of the trade for Clark then I would've thought Voss would be looking at using him as a key defender rather than a forward. With JB and a view to developing Retzlaff, Karnezis and Acorn in the forward line I wouldn't think there is a spot for him up forward.

Tippett talk seems to be gaining momentum also but I'm slightly scared about what we would have to give up for him. Would suit our need perfectly though.

On Retzlaff, keep in mind he's only 19 or 20 as a key forward. He needs a huge pre- season in the gym building some bulk but I liked what I saw from him as a first year Kpf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back