A Section 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for clarifying that Oh so holy one. Only a rumour and not a big deal for this year I suppose.

Amen
Not so sure. Take a look at Blues website announcement and its pretty clear they rate him highly. Sounds very Sydney Swans'ish.

Don't disagree with much of that....though reckon OM's will be much better than last year, should be a cracking and pretty even season with few very easy games, as opposed to last few years when there was a Marcellin, Old Essendon etc to feed upon.

Not so sure. Take a look at Blues website announcement and its pretty clear they rate him highly. Sounds very Sydney Swans'ish.

They've pretty much announced their intentions ARod!

Fergus has made it clear he has Senior Coaching ambitions in the VAFA.

As part of our succession planning, It is our belief, after some time at Blues, working and learning alongside John Kanis, we can make a smooth transition for Fergus to become the next Senior Coach of the Blues.

Definitely coach from 2012, no doubt about it!

Think Blues could struggle to cover the loss in class with Nicholson and J. Watts departing.

Not sure Fergus at the helm would solve anything?!

Everyone is tipping Carey to have a big impact! Not sure they'll live up to the hype for mine..

OM's certainly hard to place this year.. Most have them in the bottom three but some remain assured they'll be a bolter...

They've pretty much announced their intentions ARod!

Definitely coach from 2012, no doubt about it!

Little brother will not like being bossed around by Fergus, never has and never will. It will be a nice power struggle between one of their favourite sons at the blues and the future coach. I look forward to watching it unfold.

Xavs will be fine. They have lost better players in other years and been fine - think Fleming, Clarke, Arnold, Scanlon, Ockleshaw, Bowen etc.

Key will be who can improve the most - can DeLa's recent unders handle senior footy like Xav's kids have been able to?

It was the experienced old heads from Xavs that got them over the line last year not their kids. Their premiership team only had one graduate from the previous years 19s (Noonan). De La’s young talent is first class but they need some bigger bodies. The under’s who came up performed exceptionally well with more to come in this year. If they can get that mix of old and new right they should go ok.

Agree that Xavs in’s more than compensate for those who have moved on. They will be very hard to beat again.

Little brother will not like being bossed around by Fergus, never has and never will. It will be a nice power struggle between one of their favourite sons at the blues and the future coach. I look forward to watching it unfold.

Anointing someone as next years coach before they have even been assistant coach for a game is an interesting move. Better to keep those ideas, or possibilities in-house you would think. Easily come back to haunt you!

Anointing someone as next years coach before they have even been assistant coach for a game is an interesting move. Better to keep those ideas, or possibilities in-house you would think. Easily come back to haunt you!
They've gone for the Buckley 12 month transparent succession plan, but not sure Kanis is much of a Malthouse, and damn sure the Ferg-berger is no Bucks.

They've gone for the Buckley 12 month transparent succession plan, but not sure Kanis is much of a Malthouse, and damn sure the Ferg-berger is no Bucks.

Good on him I reckon. I have no idea what he's like as a bloke, let alone coach, but getting in early to coach a good A Grade Ammo's side at a young age (what is he 25-26?) takes some balls and obviously a good presentation to the Uni Blues board (they wouldn't employ a nuffy you'd hope).
He's probably got his eyes set higher than just ammo's but it's a great start to a coaching career.*

*assuming he actually does end up becoming senior coach in 2012.

Good on him I reckon. I have no idea what he's like as a bloke, let alone coach, but getting in early to coach a good A Grade Ammo's side at a young age (what is he 25-26?) takes some balls and obviously a good presentation to the Uni Blues board (they wouldn't employ a nuffy you'd hope).
He's probably got his eyes set higher than just ammo's but it's a great start to a coaching career.*

*assuming he actually does end up becoming senior coach in 2012.

Agree - I reckon he'll go well.

Think Blues could struggle to cover the loss in class with Nicholson and J. Watts departing.

Everyone is tipping Carey to have a big impact! Not sure they'll live up to the hype for mine..

OM's certainly hard to place this year.. Most have them in the bottom three but some remain assured they'll be a bolter...

OM's underachieved last year based on what they had on paper but I think it's right most people put them in bottom three until they prove otherwise - have they improved their list? Big, big gap between the top 4 and the rest based on last year. What about OH? Any word on what's happening at McKinnon?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Went to Carey's training on Thursday night and they look unbeleeeevable. Seriously have got the best talent running aruound and will be top two this year.

OM's underachieved last year based on what they had on paper but I think it's right most people put them in bottom three until they prove otherwise - have they improved their list? Big, big gap between the top 4 and the rest based on last year. What about OH? Any word on what's happening at McKinnon?
Why do we keep referring to OH's ground as McKinnon? Is that a Haileybury thing? Next they will start saying "McKinnon Reserve - within the Mckinnon Secondary College zone". It's not a real estate pitch so call it what it is - East Bentleigh.
Whilst on Haileybury, are we going to see an official jumper clash when OH take on Collegians, ie it is against the rules to have two really shit looking jumpers on the ground at the same time?

Went to Carey's training on Thursday night and they look unbeleeeevable. Seriously have got the best talent running aruound and will be top two this year.
Hey Mr Squiggle, did you notice if the boom recruit Carl Pederson was training? Given his history with going walkabout, if he can't deliver in February its not going to get much better down the track.

Hey Mr Squiggle, did you notice if the boom recruit Carl Pederson was training? Given his history with going walkabout, if he can't deliver in February its not going to get much better down the track.

Confirm, CP was there and absolutely taw the track to bits. I'll say this though, they have an interesting way of moving the ball around the pitch. But that might be my lack of ability more than anything else.

Why do we keep referring to OH's ground as McKinnon? Is that a Haileybury thing? Next they will start saying "McKinnon Reserve - within the Mckinnon Secondary College zone". It's not a real estate pitch so call it what it is - East Bentleigh.
Whilst on Haileybury, are we going to see an official jumper clash when OH take on Collegians, ie it is against the rules to have two really shit looking jumpers on the ground at the same time?

This is from a local not an OH person. People call it McKinnon because it is McKinnon. The border is Tucker Road. East of Tucker is East Bentleigh and West of Tucker is McKinnon. The reserve is on the west side.

This is from a local not an OH person. People call it McKinnon because it is McKinnon. The border is Tucker Road. East of Tucker is East Bentleigh and West of Tucker is McKinnon. The reserve is on the west side.

Orienteering lessons.....that's done me for the day. Ava good weekend

Having grown up in the region I echo Rooster's comments - stick to the west of Nepean Hwy Rah Rah.

Confirm, CP was there and absolutely taw the track to bits. I'll say this though, they have an interesting way of moving the ball around the pitch. But that might be my lack of ability more than anything else.

Carey sound Scarey

That rumour regarding them doesn't seem to be going away though does it.

Is it also true they have a new sponsor in the business of automotive vans and people movers?

Went to Careys training Thursday night did you....nothing better to do, isnt there CSI or NCIS or some other shite show on TV, must be better than going to Carey training on a Thursday. Some good talent but a better accounting system than anyone else, Dolly should keep his mouth shut after a few beers.

Bring on this amnesty stuff hopefully it will stop the major rorting going on. Always going to be small stuff that they never pick up on but major stuff like OH's attempted humour a few years back needs to be stamped out.

I'm very organised hoo....I put the video tape in the samsung and recorded them both! Watch them tonight after "A touch of Frost" over a 89 Shiraz.

Where did the amnesty stuff come from? What are you saying about Carey? Don't tell me Mr Peterson has accepted something when he shouldn't have?

I'm very organised hoo....I put the video tape in the samsung and recorded them both! Watch them tonight after "A touch of Frost" over a 89 Shiraz.

Where did the amnesty stuff come from? What are you saying about Carey? Don't tell me Mr Peterson has accepted something when he shouldn't have?
Squiggzy, you have asked the Big Question here: "where did the amnesty stuff come from" - why have the VAFA felt compelled to bring this in? Just so many questions.
Is it Xavs again? Does sending a $5000 hardware hamper to VAFA H.O. for Christmas breach the rules?
How many scholarships to the school can Hails afford? Can OM's afford anything? Are Carey really doing plumbers vans? Have Uni spent all their cash on succession planning for coaches over the next 5 years? Have De La bought Dairy Bell and are now trading in under the table ice cream? Scotchies maybe (you'd have to pay me to play there - hear Banners is an interesting Cat). Someone has to be the first and maybe an avalanche will follow?
Will be an interesting month or so to see if the Hazell Rule takes any victims.
Must run, River Cottage is about to air on Foxtel Lifestyle Channel. 89 Shiraz for me too old pencil nose. 'twas a wonderful vintage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back