2012 Australian Open: Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Novak's "injury/being wondued" is him having troubles with his breathing. Too many long ralles for him. Why the hell would you grab your leg?

1emntf.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im not disagreeing with you Drummond. I agree he wasnt 100% tonight. But you have to agree he did go way overboard with it. There was nothing wrong with his leg. He grabbed his leg when he had trouble breathing. You cant argue that he doesnt go overboard.

Im not disagreeing with you Drummond. I agree he wasnt 100% tonight. But you have to agree he did go way overboard with it. There was nothing wrong with his leg. He grabbed his leg when he had trouble breathing. You cant argue that he doesnt go overboard.
He went way overboard with it and didnt even call the trainer :eek:

Clearly Djokovic was not 100% tonight. I mean he defeated his opponent in straight sets, someone who he has lost to 5 times in 11 matches.

Love watching Djokovic play tennis by the way. He is an absolute gun and the best player in the world of the last 15 months. Just the way he acts sometimes with his apparent "injuries" annoy me.

LOL.

Djokovic isn't 100%, nowhere near it. Anyone can see that, deny it and you’re clearly a hater.

Even against Hewitt he looked sluggish, his movement around the court didn’t have the same explosiveness. He’s moving well without doubt, but he doesn’t have the same spring. Grab a copy of any match he played last year and you will see the difference. Even up 4-2 in the first set his body language wasn’t great, and that’s when you know something is up. Shoulders slumping, head down, even despite the fact he was on top. He's looking fatigued after every point, and sure that's in part because of the physicality of the rallies, but more because of his breathing difficulties.

It's called 'form'.

I like 90% of your posting, but you always turn into a complete clown as soon as we get to the pointy end of a slam.

And you're not the only one. As soon as we get to the QFs, half the posters in here mutate from polite and knowledgable tennis watchers into raging fantards for one or another of the top 4. It's bizarre.

Would you call the trainer if you didnt have an injury and you were winning? Would just halt all momentum.

I think he would have called a trainer if he lost the breaker, especially if he subsequently got broken in the 3rd set. But while he was on top and winning, he was always going to push through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back