2012 Dream Team and SuperCoach questions thread

Remove this Banner Ad

what would you expect christensens s/c average will be this year??

It's hard to say, but I'd guess somewhere around the 75-90 range. The positives for him are that he's a good change of being a dual position (fwd/mid) and he does have the potential to explode and be a star of the competition (so maybe it happens next year). The negatives are that he's in his second year of senior football, which is traditionally a red flag for a player if you're bringing them in as a cash cow, because you should be able to find a first year player who accumulates similar numbers for half the price and he's an obvious choice to be the sub at least a couple of times. Sure, he could pull a Fyfe from last year, but it's probably not likely.

Stephenson? Should he be on my radar in the rucks?

Definitely. He'd be a great choice as a bench ruckman. With only two fit rucks to start the season, he should play 15+ games.

Stephenson? Should he be on my radar in the rucks?

Definitely, given Simpson won't be able to run for 8 weeks, clearly Orren will play round 1, and with us having only 2 fit ruckmen he'll play several more games early and have a good chance to prove himself. He'll be my 4th ruck.

Billie is a lock

Depends whether he keeps the dual position (was D/F last year), if he does, I will closely consider, although Guthrie, and to a lesser extent Hogan, are the two rookies from our squad that I'll be watching closely in the NAB SC wise.

Hi, not specifically related to the game of SC, but how is Harry Taylor's pre-season tracking? Is he fit? Will he continue to play nominally as the 2nd KPD (not knocking his ability, reckon he's a great player)?

Selwood was probably the last cat youngster that I've picked in SC or DT.

Smedts and Guthrie both are big watchs in the pre season.

The opportunity will be there if they play well.

And Stephenson will be the most picked player in SC, surely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon he is going to play midfield more. I made a call the other day that he will have his best season ever this year.
But he's still not a massive SC scorer. Just solid.

Selwood was probably the last cat youngster that I've picked in SC or DT.

Smedts and Guthrie both are big watchs in the pre season.

The opportunity will be there if they play well.

And Stephenson will be the most picked player in SC, surely.

Agree on Smedts and Guthrie. Hogan's worth a look if you're brave too as he'll be super cheap due to only playing one game last year. Depends on what type of role he plays though.

Stephenson won't be the most picked player overall maybe, but he has to be the most picked rookie in 2012. Can't see why every single team won't have him as 4th ruck.

Where do you think Smedts will play?
Have kept an eye on him ever since Wells mentioned he was the most talented youngster he'd seen since he was at Geelong.
I don't know if he can play forward and the back line may be tough to settle in to. There isn't much U-18 vision but he seemed to be played as a defender more than anything else.
Can he play midfield?

Where do you think Smedts will play?
Have kept an eye on him ever since Wells mentioned he was the most talented youngster he'd seen since he was at Geelong.
I don't know if he can play forward and the back line may be tough to settle in to. There isn't much U-18 vision but he seemed to be played as a defender more than anything else.
Can he play midfield?

Backline would be my guess given that's the oldest line group in our side it's the one they'll look to drip feed the youngsters in there. Having said that Guthrie and THunt may be the ones to come in there and Menzel's ACL does leave a spot for a dangerous forward so Billie is a chance there. From what we've heard he's a pretty versatile player.

SJ has never been in my SC/DT team as he can be inconsistent sometimes. However, I must say I was impressed with SJ last year. With Ling gone, will SJ be moved in midfield (yes I know Ling is a tagger) or wil he play same role.

Can I expect Enright to be rested 2-3 games again? Enright v Broughton v Shaw..LOL

I would have thought you could afford to employ a team of researchers for you this season, Impromptu!

Anyway, I think we'll see more of Johnson in the midfield this year. It's just a hunch, but I think Chapman's midfield time will slowly be decreased over the next year or two (if he goes on in 2013) and Chris Scott will want another experienced player going through there.

Yep, any player over the age of 26, you can pretty much bank on them getting a 'general soreness' for one or two weeks of the home and away season. The flipside to that is it definitely served its purpose last year. We had fifteen or sixteen players in the over 26 category whom you'd consider first choice players during the 2011 season (depending on how you felt about Milburn) and only Milburn missed a significant amount of time due to injury last year. Depending on their prices, I think there will probably be better options around than Enright for your backline though.

Speaking of resting players, is there any word on how the bye rounds are going to work? It would have be treated as a split round, right?

I would have thought you could afford to employ a team of researchers for you this season, Impromptu!

Anyway, I think we'll see more of Johnson in the midfield this year. It's just a hunch, but I think Chapman's midfield time will slowly be decreased over the next year or two (if he goes on in 2013) and Chris Scott will want another experienced player going through there.

Yep, any player over the age of 26, you can pretty much bank on them getting a 'general soreness' for one or two weeks of the home and away season. The flipside to that is it definitely served its purpose last year. We had fifteen or sixteen players in the over 26 category whom you'd consider first choice players during the 2011 season (depending on how you felt about Milburn) and only Milburn missed a significant amount of time due to injury last year. Depending on their prices, I think there will probably be better options around than Enright for your backline though.

Speaking of resting players, is there any word on how the bye rounds are going to work? It would have be treated as a split round, right?
They are going to run as normal - it will be a donut-fest.

They are going to run as normal - it will be a donut-fest.

I like it, it rewards coaches who plan ahead enough for the byes by choosing players from a spread of teams and research well on rookies that will actually get gametime (as they'll be on the field more in the bye rounds) and punishes those who don't.

Thanks and sorry can't afford a team of researchers :p:p:p

Enright is perfect due to his bye round. I hear Chappy has been training really well too.

Hey guys, I'm interested in hearing how Stevie J is tracking this pre-season?

I know he injured his knee before the granny so I was just wondering how he has recovered, and how he's looking this season for DT.

I'm tossing up between him and Chappy :)

Hey guys, I'm interested in hearing how Stevie J is tracking this pre-season?

I know he injured his knee before the granny so I was just wondering how he has recovered, and how he's looking this season for DT.

I'm tossing up between him and Chappy :)

I'd be leaning towards Johnson, but it's definitely a wait and see during NAB Cup proposition.

Im waiting on NAB cup to decide between

Chappy / SJ
Kersten / Walker

only locks so far Smedts, Stephenson & Bundy

Byrnes is good value too but not sure

Remove this Banner Ad

2012 Dream Team and SuperCoach questions thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back