2012 Dream Team season musings

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, DT Talk lads shot a pilot with Mark Howard (host) and Jason Akermanis. I believe they're hoping a TV network will pick up the show for next season. Hopefully it gets across

1. Reduce the salary cap and leave player cost the same to make it harder to assemble an all premiums team by the end of the season.
2. Increase the cost of early draft picks and especially mature age rookies.
3. Smothers = 4 points

+1, the Duigans, Puopolos and Lowers should probably have been more expensive than they were due to their extensive experience in the SANFL.
gtfo why should that be the case for every lower theres a richardson so why punish every single older player just because of a few that are good :confused:

gtfo why should that be the case for every lower theres a richardson so why punish every single older player just because of a few that are good :confused:

It's just these mature age recruits have more chance of DT success than your average 18/19 year old draftee. Puopolo, Duigan, Curnow, Lower, Harris, Mzungu, I Smith, Barlow and Pedersen were all over 21 and each have been successful DTers up to the point. This is because of their experience and greater likelihood of getting a game. If they were say $30K more than the regular base price, it would encourage DT managers to balance risk and reward - save cash and get an unproven young draftee who may or may not fire, or get an older WAFL/SANFL/VFL player who has a greater guarantee of success, but costs more. This way, sides could be more dynamic, and draftees like Trent McKenzie, Shane Savage, Allen Christensen, Tom Liberatore and Luke Breust would feature in more sides.

2. Increase the cost of early draft picks and especially mature age rookies.
Don't agree with increasing the price of mature aged rookies as these guys are the ones that normally slip under the radar so those that actually put some time into checking them out are rewarded for it.

Don't agree with increasing the price of mature aged rookies as these guys are the ones that normally slip under the radar so those that actually put some time into checking them out are rewarded for it.

Agree Dylan

They still need to force their way into the 22 and stay there, plus have injury risks.Admittedly the exposed form is greater and they are generally recruited for a purpose but plenty go sour as well.

For every Puopolo there's a Coad

I would love to see points for 1%ers. Though this would change historical data, i think it would see alot of good players (particularly defenders) enhance their DT status.

2 points for a 1%er would be great and easy to implement. Players like Gibson and Tarrant etc would find themselves amongst Goddard and Gibbs. Which is how it truly should be. Defenders should be chosen to defensive positions.

I think this is a part of the game that can be easily improved so that it is more reflective of the true nature of the game, not just reliant on ball magnets and uncontested markers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MN number to rise abit next year? Squads go from 33 to 30, salary cap should rise by a decent amount (Keeping in line with the actual AFL one, which it will surley get a boost with that whole players payment thing going on) and just general inflation to make the game more challenging.

excuse my ignorance, everyone talks a lot about the magic number, and i understand that it is the variable number which is used in the pricing formula to determine starting prices and price variations later on, but does anyone know anything else about the formula? Or the formula itself?

I only really know the basics of it myself but 'IsBillyThere' had a thread where he "tracked" it during the year where you can see the magic number slightly changes from round to round due to the total price of all players in the league put together or something like that (been a while since I read the thread).

Here's the link to the thread if you want to take a read, I found it pretty complex and a bit too much for me but you/others might find it useful: http://www.fantasyfootyclub.com/showthread.php?6397-Magic-Number-Watch

I only really know the basics of it myself but 'IsBillyThere' had a thread where he "tracked" it during the year where you can see the magic number slightly changes from round to round due to the total price of all players in the league put together or something like that (been a while since I read the thread).

Here's the link to the thread if you want to take a read, I found it pretty complex and a bit too much for me but you/others might find it useful: http://www.fantasyfootyclub.com/showthread.php?6397-Magic-Number-Watch

thanks dylan,

i know that its something i'm probably better off not understanding, but i'm curious enough to check it out.

Remove this Banner Ad

2012 Dream Team season musings

Remove this Banner Ad

Back