Remove this Banner Ad

tomwalsh

Team Captain
Suspended
Mar 6, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
They made the outline black and it was a disgrace!!!!
If they dont revert back to white outlining i with many will be very disapppinted! While immat it we have the worst clash jumper surely we can do better!

Just wanted to see what everyone thought 2009 jumper or continue with black?

I loved the black outline on our jumper this year. Id be annoyed if we went back to the boring white outline ;)

• Banned
O you guys are kidding right? Its too black! Have a look at 2009 beautiful saints jumper the black is shocking! Are they changing it back?

O you guys are kidding right? Its too black! Have a look at 2009 beautiful saints jumper the black is shocking! Are they changing it back?

Are you kidding? You asked a question, yet you expect everyone to agree with you :confused::confused:

Im sure they have more pressing issues to work out at moment ;)

Hell, let's change it back to this ;)

St_Kilda_FC_Cross_Jumper.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

God I wished I barracked for Hawthorn or geelong or Collingwood ... we really are a terrible club intent on self destruction.

God I wished I barracked for Hawthorn or geelong or Collingwood ... we really are a terrible club intent on self destruction.

What's stopping you?
What stopped you during the "Pura Milk" days? That it was only piss yellow?
Maybe you're also old enough to go "bring back the yellow, F the Germans" with jumper revisions as well?
What about the candy stripe? I man verticle stripes made everyone look like a twig!

In an age where the AFl are pushing several clubs for mandatory "light + dark = clash strip" you have us going with a traditional 3 stripe design, 2009 wasn't bad although it was hardly panels and more an inverted wolverine stripe, but now, now it's a flood using the panels and still you dislike it, which you're allowed to, but it's hardly killing anything iconic.

Is it also any coincidence that your options to change support happen to be the past 3 cup holders? Says a lot about you IMO.

Whats stopping me? I love stkilda unfortunetly. Its not just about a jumper. How do we keep on doing it? Stuffing up at the worst time. We had the a team as good as geelong. Back to 2004 our youngsters Dal Santo, Goddard, Reiwoldt, Kosi, Montagna, Fisher, Hayes, Milne were every bit as good as corey, enright, ablett, chapaman etc. so why in 2011 do they have 3 flags and we have none?

culture of losing and off field dramas i mean gods sakes! no other team can take a certain premiership team and thrw it down the toilet. We nearly did the same thing in the 60s AND we did it in the 90s!!

Lockett, Loewe, Winmar, Burke, Harvey, Everitt, Hall, both Wakelins, Heatly, Jones, how the f did we not win at least one?

SACK THE BOARD.

Black lining is a disgrace, i blame Seaford.

SACK THE BOARD.

Black lining is a disgrace, i blame Seaford.

Have a pole dance and a nude photo, tighten the strap on your helmet and sit down Tommy.

YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG.

I quite liked the black lining just for something different but I like the old tradition white lining too. Not really that bothered either way, I think we have more pressing issues at the moment like finding a new coach and fitness manager.

Well Looks like ive been outvoted... dont wory i can take it! Afterall i am a stkilda supporter ... accepting loss is one of the positives of being a saints fan!
Seriously.

Whats stopping me? I love stkilda unfortunetly.

Love is a wondrous thing, it is a thing which carries you higher than any plane on a thing softer than any cloud, then you get married and crash into a mountain. Unfortunately your love is conditional, on the condition that you want nothing but a shiny cup, journey and the details be damned.

Its not just about a jumper. How do we keep on doing it? Stuffing up at the worst time.

Define stuff up and worst, as generally our "stuff ups" have been off season (hardly worst time) or early on in the season (round 1 Blakey different from elim Blakey hmm?)

We had the a team as good as geelong. Back to 2004 our youngsters Dal Santo, Goddard, Reiwoldt, Kosi, Montagna, Fisher, Hayes, Milne were every bit as good as corey, enright, ablett, chapaman etc. so why in 2011 do they have 3 flags and we have none?

Back in 2004 we also had a trivial thing such as massive debt that was being offset by zero, and I emphasise here zero spending in the football department, as opposed to Geelong who spent money. But see this, this would be all that extra stuff you seemingly could care less about, part of the journey and part of the background when all you can see is "why we have no shiny cup? Me want shinies!" and pouted so cutely.

culture of losing and off field dramas i mean gods sakes! no other team can take a certain premiership team and thrw it down the toilet. We nearly did the same thing in the 60s AND we did it in the 90s!!

I highly doubt that someone with your penchant for reactionary dribble is in excess of 50 years of age to remember what happened in the 60's, I know full well what happened mid 90's because I lived it, through tears just as I'm living it post '09 through the same scenario, the difference these days is that instead of a kid I'm a paid up member.

But again, what did we throw down the toilet? in '97 we ran smack into an Adelaide team that clicked and doubled up, in '09 we ran smack into a Geelong team that's won the last 3 from 5 and in '10 it took 2 bites to remove us from one of the lynchpins of the VFL/AFL era.

There is no shame running into a brick wall and finding out that you take just that little longer to produce the effort to break it down.

Lockett, Loewe, Winmar, Burke, Harvey, Everitt, Hall, both Wakelins, Heatly, Jones, how the f did we not win at least one?

Heatley, Jason, delisted from West Coast entered the 1996 ND and was picked up at #49 alongside such well known names as Warry, McCormick, McMahon & Lock, debuted for the saints in 1997 kicking 73 goals for the year and 6x more brownlow votes than poor Blakey has gotten. Tailed off completely with hauls of 48, 27 and 15.

But how did we not win one? The other sides took their chances and we didn't, it's as simple as that.

Darryl, got his premiership, with Port in 2007, Shane missed his with the Pies, funnily enough in '08 after we removed Collingwood from the race, Burke & Harvs, they're at the club to help the club, sure they may not be playing any more but they're still here and this is your problem.

You CBF waiting any longer, you CBF earning it, you'd rather have a period of time like Collignwood where you'd fail, but conventions in place meant "CHALLENGE!" and you win again. gee that'd be nice during our runs wouldn't it? But then, they didn't really earn those ones did they? You CBF tolerating people int he public eye having faults and being human because damnit, we put them on pedestals as we aspire to live the dream they're living and damn them for whinging or having a poor game. And frankly I CBF treating you with civility.

Man up.

I blubbered in '97, I blubbered in '09, my older sisters a cats supporter and every opportunity she got she rubbed it in, '10 I blubbered less and my mothers a Collingwood supporter, she swatted my face with her scarf and general life was unbearable. Do you see me bitching and moaning? Do you see me slagging off players, slagging the club, slagging individuals associated with anything to do with the club?

No, you don't, because I'm not an invalid and I've long since accepted the fact that I'll have an opinion and someone will vehemently disagree to let it bother me. You take your bat and ball and you scream louder, puberty is a wonderful thing, you'll actually know what love is and you'll find out that the women you see in those magazines and on TV, they're real and if you play your cards right generally really nice people.

Hell, let's change it back to this ;)

St_Kilda_FC_Cross_Jumper.png

Hey what's wrong with that - one of my fav ever jumpers. :eek:

Along with the white one with a black cross, used at training in 2008 - as in my avatar - which I can't find one anywhere to buy, they've disappeared.

Oh and I voted for White Stripes :thumbsu:

Hey what's wrong with that - one of my fav ever jumpers. :eek:

Along with the white one with a black cross, used at training in 2008 - as in my avatar - which I can't find one anywhere to buy, they've disappeared.

Oh and I voted for White Stripes :thumbsu:
Indeed, it was a great jumper. All I'm saying though, is that we should just keep the jumper as-is, we have much greater concerns at the moment. I don't reckon it looks too bad anyway.
saint-centrebet.gif

Certainly looks better than this
saints2010nabcupguernse.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

2012 Jumper - must go back to white lining

Remove this Banner Ad

Back