2012 SC Defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else keen for Lake? How good of a pre-season would he need to convince people?

Anyone keen on Scotland? Doesn't seem to be in many teams.

Anyone keen on Scotland? Doesn't seem to be in many teams.

I'm going to be starting with Scotland this year, in the past I've worked towards trading him in during the season but he just keeps producing the goods so I'm taking the chance he will remain fit and keep his form up.

he'd have to move pretty well and look as though the injuries are behind him. although in saying that, he's picked up a slight calf strain of sorts by the looks of it.

http://www.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/articles/2012/01/16/brian-lake-with-calf-strain/

i hope 2011 was a bit of an abberation, because he'd had 6 seasons in a row of 20+ games before that.

There's mixed messages there. The day after SNF put that up, the WBD site was reporting him as recovering with no issues and progressing to running (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/w...article/tabid/4112/newsid/127920/default.aspx).

I really like Scotland too, but theres just too many good options with r13 byes and I really don't know which 2 to choose, maybe with some dpp's I can fit in 3

You would think Scotland's ouput would go down a little due to age and others stepping up, but training reports so far have him looking fitter than this time last year. Who knows? Does Heata still have upside?

I'm wondering if anyone's got love for Birchall (av 94)? Right age, reasonably durable and consistent, plays in a good side. When $ are tight, and you can often get the Shaw (av 100.9) types at boxing day prices after the odd points slump (tag), does it make more sense to kick off with the consistent players in your starting line up and wait for the mid season sales?

Spose it depends if Birch can maintain/cement his place in the top ten scoring defenders. Suckling has popped up in quite a few sides, but I kinda see him in the same boat as Shaw. Need some validation from the BF community, cos somehow my backline looks funny with Birchall in there. Would love a big pump up from some Hawkers, but prefer honesty in the end.

Needing to fill a gap in the back line between 200-300k...Its harder than i thought.

Don't want to go with Lake or other injury prone players/older players.
Preferably a team with the Bye at round 11, but not fussy.

Phil Davis?

DEF: B. Goddard, G. Birchall, P. Duffield, A. Mackie, xxxx, M. Buntine, B. Ellis (W. Sierakowski, J. Paine)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Needing to fill a gap in the back line between 200-300k...Its harder than i thought.

Don't want to go with Lake or other injury prone players/older players.
Preferably a team with the Bye at round 11, but not fussy.

Phil Davis?

DEF: B. Goddard, G. Birchall, P. Duffield, A. Mackie, xxxx, M. Buntine, B. Ellis (W. Sierakowski, J. Paine)

can't see Paine will break into the Collingwood team this year

Shaun Burgoyne ($433,200)? worth a look in. If he can return to the 115 ppg beast he was wouldnt be a bad buy

I, for one, will be all over Billy Smedts this year. I remember Scott talking about him on a few occasions last year as though he'd be playing for any team bar the premiers. With Docherty injured, it'll be he and Buntine as my starting rookies in defence.

Shaun Burgoyne ($433,200)? worth a look in. If he can return to the 115 ppg beast he was wouldnt be a bad buy

All depends on where he plays. If he does get a go in the midfield for most of the season then definitely worth a look but unlikely at this stage.

I think the plan for Burgers at this stage is similar to last season, ie., predominantly play him off half-back with rotations through the midfield. His knees won't let him play full-time in the midfield.

Burgers playing in defence allowed Hawthorn to use Birchall as the running half-back flanker for most of 2011. Nothing that I'm aware of suggests that this will change in 2012.

So in answer to your question, I think Burgoyne is overpriced and he will not average anywhere near 115ppg this season.

am I crazy for thinking that Pierce Hanley can average 90-100?

Anyone's thoughts on Paul Bower? Someone better I can grab for 167,000?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back