2012 SC Defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any ideas on progress of B Ellis, M Talia and S Docherty? Its so bloody hard to get a team together. These and N Blee are my new players.

Currently I've got Ellis, Mohr and Smedts (DPP). Could have had Smedts forward but until I find someone else to put in as a defender he'll have to stay there. Had Talia in there earlier though.

Isn't Docherty injured?

Any ideas on progress of B Ellis, M Talia and S Docherty? Its so bloody hard to get a team together. These and N Blee are my new players.

Despite his good size, Talia won't be a good option, wouldn't expect more than a 1-2 game taste if at all this year unless Dogs get multiple injuries to KD stocks. Lake, Williams will start and Markovic would be ahead as a reserve with Morris also to come back in after first month or so.

A LTI to Scarlett, Lonergan or HarryT could see him get a regular gig.

I think he's got the quickness to play as a tall and medium defender and I think he'll play most games, considering how Geelong will be rotating players in and out of the team. He wanted to leave last year and he'll be out of contract at the end of 2012, so the Cats will want to see what they've got with him, either as a long-term replacement for Scarlett, or to push his trade value up.

Having said that, I can't see him averaging much more than 50 points and he isn't in my calculations.

Anyone else keen for Lake? How good of a pre-season would he need to convince people?

i went with him then decided to wait for nab cup/ season openers to see how his going, there is no guarantee he will play in the first rounds and maybe only as a sub if he does, i got morris and ellis from richmond hard to go past them for their price.

speaking of morris anyone heard much about him??

I remember seeing a video of him on the Herald Sun site during the draft and he looked like a good pickup - mature body with good skills sweeping across the half back. Sitting on my bench at the moment.

Having trouble with defenders at the moment, any one think Shannon Hurn is due for a breakout year?

Worth it! Hard to get 105 in defence these days good mpp

Goddard, Deledio and Burgoyne are my locks so far with Scotland in the Mid

Otherwise I'll have to wait for NAB cup.

Why would you put Scotland in the midfield? A benched rookie with MPP is surely a better proposition.

This is how I swayed.

B.Deledio, G.Birchall, P. Puopolo, J. Trengrove, J.Grimes, B.Lake, M.Clarke (B.Ellis, B. Smedts)

Needing to fill a gap in the back line between 200-300k...Its harder than i thought.

Don't want to go with Lake or other injury prone players/older players.
Preferably a team with the Bye at round 11, but not fussy.

Phil Davis?

DEF: B. Goddard, G. Birchall, P. Duffield, A. Mackie, xxxx, M. Buntine, B. Ellis (W. Sierakowski, J. Paine)

*cough* ... anyone? In my team ATM, not hearing a lot of love?

Mine:
DEF: B Deledio (swap with Goddard midfield), H Shaw, J Grimes, B Lake, P Davis, C Dempsey, M Clarke, A Tomlinson (Swap with Smedts Forward), A Browne

Browne will probably change, done a string, was gonna wait to see if he played much NAB...

Had a hip problem. Probably worth looking at later in the year.

Seconding this. The Lions have a history of bringing their rookies on slowly with only the occasional exception, making them come up through the seconds. With Docherty starting behind the eight ball, I expect to see him later rather than earlier.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has anybody got Christian Howard (Western Bulldogs) on their radar this year to fill the final defenders spot? Obviously he presents alot of questions like many other younger players but he was a bolter in the 09 draft and has suffered with hip issues. Scores of 67 & 73 in 2 of 6 games last year give me hope but i'm not sure where exactly he'll fit in with the Dogs this year!

Has anybody got Christian Howard (Western Bulldogs) on their radar this year to fill the final defenders spot?

Not worth it. I got him before he played his third game last year and he does rack up the touches but doesn't use it well enough to be a good SC'er.

Anyone tempted to have a go at Adcock? Was tearing it up last year until his finger issue, then of course Merret got injured so he got dragged down back to a more defensive role. Merret is good now so worth a punt?

Interesting no one is taking a massive punt on drummond this year.. Capable Of pulling in massive scores.. If he plays 12-15 games will be a massive difference to where your ranked

Peoples thoughts on Ryan Hargrave? Pretty cheap for someone who used to score pretty well.

Is he training well?

Was almost BOG in our intra club match yesterday. Robert Murphy was the only other one that was better than him supposedly.

Anyone tempted to have a go at Adcock? Was tearing it up last year until his finger issue, then of course Merret got injured so he got dragged down back to a more defensive role. Merret is good now so worth a punt?

Good point. Good food for thought with theory. But the BIG question. Will he push up to that 100+ average or just still hover around 90 mark still...?

why hasnt anyone chosen chris newman?
is he injured?

I'd say most might be sceptical about having both Newman and Deledio in the team, given there are other, just as valid, options. Unless your planning on loading up in the back line, which I wouldn’t say is advised.

Guys im going to raise the Question of Rhyce Shaw!

have a look through your SC Gold score projections and he is projected to score very very well and finish with a Average of over 90!

AT $415k he saves alot of money in the kitty and has matches of GWS/Port and GC not only twice but early on on the year!

He was a SC star 3 years ago and then we had Malceski steal his HB spot in '10 and then Kennelly in '11, with Kennelly gone and Malceski a constant injury risk im really leaning towards having him in my side atleast until his rd12 bye!

A great draw, his HB spot back and someone who is constantly under the radar in terms of forward tags he often gets to run free to cherry pick along the wings!
to me this spells SC Bargain, What does everyone else think?

why hasnt anyone chosen chris newman?
is he injured?

Consistent without being awesome and would be fully priced currently. He's prone to having the occasional terrible score as well, which makes him a prime target to upgrade to during the year.

Is everyone elses biggest challenge avoiding picking a defence that consists of players from rd 13 bye week which is like carlton, stkilda, richmond, hawks?

its a nightmare!

any suggestions? or plans?

Guys im going to raise the Question of Rhyce Shaw!

have a look through your SC Gold score projections and he is projected to score very very well and finish with a Average of over 90!

AT $415k he saves alot of money in the kitty and has matches of GWS/Port and GC not only twice but early on on the year!

He was a SC star 3 years ago and then we had Malceski steal his HB spot in '10 and then Kennelly in '11, with Kennelly gone and Malceski a constant injury risk im really leaning towards having him in my side atleast until his rd12 bye!

A great draw, his HB spot back and someone who is constantly under the radar in terms of forward tags he often gets to run free to cherry pick along the wings!
to me this spells SC Bargain, What does everyone else think?

If you're looking for the running Swans half back flanker, keep an eye out for Tony Armstrong. Cheaper too.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back