2012 SC Forwards

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

There are few myths about Goodes.

One is that he is a slower starter. I think he may have had a slow start to 2010 and his first game in 2011 he scored only 63 but he followed that up with 118, 133 and 100 in his next three games. Also the way he has looked in the NAB this year makes me think he is full of confidence and in for a big year.

I agree he does lift for bigger games but I'm not sure about taking it easier against the lesser opposition. Last year his highest score 167 was against the Dogs and he also got scores of 144 against Bris, 124 against Port and 100 against Gold Coast.

I disagree.

He is generally a player that builds as the season progresses, especially as he has gotten older. His Supercoach averages over the last five seasons generally reflect that with the exception being 2008 where he spent 3 games out injured and also had a couple of injury affected games in the second half of the season. He is especially switched on in the final 4 or 5 games of every season.

2011 Rd 1-11 Avg: 95.8 Rd 12-22 Avg: 120.5 Rd 19-22 Avg: 120.5
2010 Rd 1-11 Avg: 84.3 Rd 12-22 Avg: 104.4 Rd 19-22 Avg: 96.8
2009 Rd 1-11 Avg: 115.6 Rd 12-22 Avg: 113.0 Rd 19-22 Avg: 147.5
2007 Rd 1-11 Avg: 86.2 Rd 12-22 Avg: 123.5 Rd 19-22 Avg: 142.0
2006 Rd 1-11 Avg: 121.1 Rd 12-22 Avg: 119.1 Rd 19-22 Avg: 153.0

He is up against GWS first up so a big score is likely but for me I will consider him after the byes.

Jordan Lewis a good POD? Avg 90 odd last year and came of age in the finals last year. MPP and priced at just under $500k. Could he become a premium Fwd?

Jordan Lewis a good POD? Avg 90 odd last year and came of age in the finals last year. MPP and priced at just under $500k. Could he become a premium Fwd?
I have him in my team. Could be from being biased but just gut feel he'll rack them up especially if we have the maintaining possession game.

will shannon byrnes play round 1? thoughts?

With no Varcoe and no Wojo for the best part of 2 months, definitely.

Just a matter of whether his body will hold together.

Risky.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will A.Hall get from Gold Coast Suns get many games this year fellas?

Just deciding if I should ditch him off my forward bench for Kennedy from GWS. :cool:

Personally, I dont think he will play alot of early games. Possible downgrade target for me.

I've got Kieran Harper as my 5th forward at the moment what are people's thoughts on him? Who else around that price range is good value?

I've got Kieran Harper as my 5th forward at the moment what are people's thoughts on him? Who else around that price range is good value?

Matthew Bate
Gary Rohan
John Butcher
Jason Porplyzia

All have shown some potential.

Thoughts on Robbie Gray? Have cash to spare so could upgrade but he did pretty well last year in a team that was really, really struggling. How's his preseason been?

I like the look of Lewis possibly, could just be his colours but he's had a solid preseason and really stepped it up in the finals last year. Turns 26 next month so could be coming into the prime of his career. Does play a role for the team sometimes but even then he can still rack them up (tagged Judd out of the rd. 22 clash and did pretty well himself iirc).

I also need another cheap forward for the bench (already have Smith and Cripps).

Any suggestions would be great :thumbsu:

I haven't got Buddy purely based on the Hawks start

scores from LY

Col 66 79
Gee 95 85 93
Ade 72
WCE 146 @ home, this time away
Syd 146 (3 goals in junktime) 95

and he's priced at 119

They may win them all, but even if they do I see the Hawks playing their tempo footy

Cheapish upgrade target no.1 for rd 6-7 ish. *

Martin is in a similar boat, though I do have him.

*may or may not be true

Thankyou. On the strength of that I replaced Buddy and Martin (tough early draw too) and a rookie and replaced them with Chad Cornes :D, Chappy and Stevie J.

I just don't buy the "tough early draw" argument. The history of SC consistently shows that the quality players score well against good teams.

Leaving out Buddy and Dusty at the start might yet prove to be a master stroke, but I seriously doubt it.

^ how do you work franklin into your team as early as rd 6-7? don't think he'll drop that much in price and the rookies won't have made enough to do it in 2 trades? just a rough guess though.

Porplyzia and the Crows first 6 games would be one example, though the crows have a tough rd.3

Thoughts on Robbie Gray? Have cash to spare so could upgrade but he did pretty well last year in a team that was really, really struggling. How's his preseason been?

I like the look of Lewis possibly

I think Gray could be an excellent pick, produced great scores once he moved into the mids last year and played his first full season ever. Looks like he will continue this year too. Lewis is good but his occasional tagging roles bring him down.

I have $138 200 in the bank. Should I upgrade either Sidebottom or Dangerfield and if so who to? Personally I think they both seem like really good value picks so it's a tricky one.

I think Gray could be an excellent pick, produced great scores once he moved into the mids last year and played his first full season ever. Looks like he will continue this year too. Lewis is good but his occasional tagging roles bring him down.

I have $138 200 in the bank. Should I upgrade either Sidebottom or Dangerfield and if so who to? Personally I think they both seem like really good value picks so it's a tricky one.

If your going to upgrade someone, upgrade Sidebottom. Who too though, would depend on who else you already have.

If your going to upgrade someone, upgrade Sidebottom. Who too though, would depend on who else you already have.

Can I ask why Sidebottom? I have franklin, fyfe and martin so pavlich, johnson, harvey and chapman are within reach. Harvey is one that has a good early draw.

Can I ask why Sidebottom? I have franklin, fyfe and martin so pavlich, johnson, harvey and chapman are within reach. Harvey is one that has a good early draw.

Nothing against Sidebottom, i'm sure he will have a good year. But Dangerfield looks set for a ripper, with more midfield time he is alot more likely to go premium this year than Sidebottom.

Pavlich and Chapman would probably be top of the list for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back