Position 2024 Forwards

Remove this Banner Ad

Just surfed the Giants page and didn’t see McMullin in any of their sides for this week JM, where are you sourcing that he is the replacement?

He's been the sub tbe last 2 games and played Cogs role when Cogs went off injured so I'm just assuming he gets a full game this week in the midfield.

He's been the sub tbe last 2 games and played Cogs role when Cogs went off injured so I'm just assuming he gets a full game this week in the midfield.
He played Cogs role because he was subbed on for Cogs. Doesn't mean he automatically gets the gig this week.

He played Cogs role because he was subbed on for Cogs. Doesn't mean he automatically gets the gig this week.

There's no Jelly though either so someone has to play in the midfield. 😉

McMullin looked good when he was on the ground and scores pretty quick. Hope they give him a full game as I can see him going 80+

Are you confident that McMullin won't be the sub?

Thats the only thing that is making me worry a bit because who do we grab instead if he's the sub?

I’ll just wait and see if he he selected first, if he is, I’ll hope he isn’t sub.

If he isn’t named or is named sub I may just downgrade to a 102k DPP, keep Wilson or trade to McNeil if he gets the green light.

Post bye, I’m thinking I only need 1 defender, 1 forward and maybe 2 mids who are playing on bench to make some money. The rest can be dead DPP’s potentially for looping purposes.

Just got to play it as it lays sometimes and adjust on the run.

There's no Jelly though either so someone has to play in the midfield. 😉
Toby Greene Tea GIF by GIANTS

I'm seriously considering Jy Simpkin. 65% CBAs last night. If he keeps the mid role and if he stays injury free, he can easily average around 90. For under $400k, a rd14 and 15 bye helper, future M9/F7 cover or F6/F7 loop, I'm interested. He had a finger injury in preseason, then he copped that nasty KO in the preseason, then a quad injury during the season.

What's everyone think about Bolton as a budget F6?

Cant bring him in till after his bye but running low on trades so looking for value to complete my team.

I'd rather Rankine but it will cost me like 3 trades to get him in compared to 2 with Bolton.

What's everyone think about Bolton as a budget F6?

Cant bring him in till after his bye but running low on trades so looking for value to complete my team.

I'd rather Rankine but it will cost me like 3 trades to get him in compared to 2 with Bolton.
IMG_3681.jpeg

IMG_1900.gif
IMG_1901.gif

I’ve been contemplating whether I just stick with a rookie at F6 and look to loop scores.

Lots of teams have a Green or cheap F6 that these rookies are losing minimal points to or are actually out scoring them.

Doing this would enable me to upgrade some struggling premos to Uber premos.

🤔

I’ve just edited this to say F6 instead of D6 😫

Last edited:
I've gone with Bolton in the hope he catches fire at some stage. Ideally, I can end up with him at F6/7 as a loop with some other hot-cold type.

Looked hard at Curnow, though a deeper look at his 97 average last year shows it was fluffed up by the West Coast massacres. Averaged 89 without the Eagles games. Obviously I love Chuck, but I reckon he's gotta kick 5 to ton up. Not involved enough to really be a great scorer. But maybe a 90-ish player is enough this year in the forward line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've gone with Bolton in the hope he catches fire at some stage. Ideally, I can end up with him at F6/7 as a loop with some other hot-cold type.

Looked hard at Curnow, though a deeper look at his 97 average last year shows it was fluffed up by the West Coast massacres. Averaged 89 without the Eagles games. Obviously I love Chuck, but I reckon he's gotta kick 5 to ton up. Not involved enough to really be a great scorer. But maybe a 90-ish player is enough this year in the forward line.
You're bringing in a player that's on his bye, or you're waiting for next week for Bolton?

re. Curnow:
The hope is that his big hauls are still coming. Last year he had 5 (twice), 6 (twice), 10 and 9. Surely he's due for a few big hauls before the season ends?

He could get hold of all of these teams:
1718838680505.png
Looking at the "better" teams: the Cats are shaky at the moment; GWS won't have Taylor; defence is the weakness for the Dogs and Power.

The appeal with Bolton is the MID/FWD swing, can cover both lines. I think Curnow outscores him. His floor is also higher, so less frustration.

I think I'll wait a week and make a call on my F7 next week (Curnow vs Bolton).

To clarify, I have Bolton, didn't bring him in this week.

Yeh, I still think Curnow is an option - would be a good F6/7 pair with Shai.
Gotcha.

Same with Curnow, Bolton has a really nice SC Finals run:
North (Marvel)
Saints (Marvel)
Hawks (MCG)
Suns (MCG)

But do the Tigers pump games into kids and not give a crap about those matches, or do they get their best side together and try end the year on a high?

Anyway, Bolton vs Curnow as my F6 loop/F7 cover is next weeks problem.

Re: Curnow - is it linked a bit to Pittojet playing?

Pitto in means Tdk second ruck, McKay forward so Curnow can roam a bit. Pitto out means McKay second ruck and Curnow stays further forward so less touches?

I might be talking myself out of Curnow a bit here.

What's Crazy Vossy going to do?

Last edited:
I think Carlton watchers would mostly agree that Curnow has seemed a bit off the pace this season, despite going at almost Coleman Medal clip. He's done damage in short bursts, but spent 3/4s of most games doing not much other than wrestling his opponent and failing to chase. So there's definitely plenty of upside there - all he needs to do is extract the digit a tad earlier, a tad more often, and his scoring will increase. He clearly can kick more goals. He's not torn a game to shreds and kicked a big bag this year. I'd be surprised if he goes the whole season without doing that. Maybe it's just my blue goggles on, but I think some team is going to cop a Charlie special and he'll light 'em up for 7+ in the back half of the year. He's overdue.

I have -
Heeney
Flanders
Zorko
Jackson
Fisher

F6 is my last team upgrade, surely I go Rankine? He 's not value, but everyone else is flakey.
Would anyone consider cheaper options in Moore, Bolton or Curnow who have easier draws?

I have -
Heeney
Flanders
Zorko
Jackson
Fisher

F6 is my last team upgrade, surely I go Rankine? He 's not value, but everyone else is flakey.
Would anyone consider cheaper options in Moore, Bolton or Curnow who have easier draws?
If money isn't an issue and you can wait until next week, I'd grab Rankine.

If you need value and a score now, I'd grab Curnow.

If money isn't an issue and you can wait until next week, I'd grab Rankine.

If you need value and a score now, I'd grab Curnow.
I have $302K sitting in a non interest bearing account .....ready to bring in Rankine next week

OR ....I can split the money and get Rozee at M9, and a cheapie like Curnow, in place of Rankine .....it's all going to depend on how players prices rise or fall

Remove this Banner Ad

Position 2024 Forwards

Remove this Banner Ad

Back