2012 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

What Can ya tell me about Declan Stewart, played at Rutherglen last year.

Small, Tall, good mark, quick, spud? etc etc

Very Talented Kid. Moves pretty well, tallish, good hands, reasonably fit.

Was also good enough to be in bushies squad (but didnt make final cut from memory) and has played O & M. Still only 19

Are Chiltern the real deal? Seniors, seconds and thirds all undefeated and the fourths only loosing one game. They beat barny pretty easy. Are they spending big coin? Maybe Jack54 needs to fill us all in!!! Ha ha

I think Jack 54 has to much on hes plate at the moment. Call in at the Telagraph on a Sat night around 11 and he would love to fill you in .What ever is going on down there they look to be moving in the right direction and they have a very good list with some deepth. Time will tell.

I think Jack 54 has to much on hes plate at the moment. Call in at the Telagraph on a Sat night around 11 and he would love to fill you in .What ever is going on down there they look to be moving in the right direction and they have a very good list with some deepth. Time will tell.

im pretty sure they dont need jack54 to make any rash comments on here, at least not until they play thurgoona, could be a bit of interesting banter after that game if chiltern happen to beat them, highly unlikely though. chiltern yet to be tested and yes time will tell. starting saturday they go to eskdale and pretty sure mitta wont want to lose two at home this early in the year after yack beat them a couple of weeks ago.

Well the Swans are tracking along very nicely. Will be a good indicator for them playing Mitta at Eskdale this week. Although Mitta maybe sluggish after only starting training mid January as per usual.

Nice to see the Saints a tad more competitive this year after a few tough years.. Yack also seem to be on the improve. Castles proving he is certainly up to it. Tallangatta a long way from it and Wahgunyah have certainly dropped off.

What about some thoughts on the recruits around the comp? Reynoldson, Coleman, Gorupic, Durbidge, Wilson, Cranage, Bain, McKendrick.

Okay, here we go with my thoughts for this weeks Round 4 matches.

Barnawartha vs Wahgunyah The Tigers at home to get the points over the Lions who suffered injuries to important players last week.
Beechworth vs Thurgoona The Bulldogs to ambush the Bushrangers on their own property for another convincing win.
Mitta United vs Chiltern Are the Swans the real deal as they visit a Mitta team intent on keeping pace with the top flight.
Kiewa Sandy Creek vs Yackandandah Another top-notch match-up in which I think the Hawks can upset the Kangaroos
Rutherglen vs Dederang Mt Beauty The Bombers to fly all over the Cats and keep the home side winless for another week.
Tallangatta vs Wodonga Saints Would love to see the Saints salute but think the Grasshoppers won't be in a generous mood.

My tips for R4 are, a few roughies here;

Barnawartha vs Wahgunyah by 49pts at home. Lions struggling.
Beechworth vs Thurgoona by 140pts, they will maul the Bushies
Mitta United vs Chiltern could go either way but i dont think Mitta will lose 2 in a row up at Eskdale. Close one. If Chiltern win up there they are the real deal.
Kiewa Sandy Creek vs Yackandandah by 35pts, KSC just coming into form, yack struggled apart from last term last week.
Rutherglen vs Dederang Mt BeautyThe cats in a nail biter at home by 3pts, still have a quality mid (Curtis, Kay, Seymour) just a matter of them kicking a winning score. Should have beaten yack last start but fell away in the last qtr.
Tallangatta vs Wodonga Saints Shut down smith and sit someone in front of parsons all day and saints will win, Saints by 29pts.

Okay, here we go with my thoughts for this weeks Round 4 matches.

Barnawartha vs Wahgunyah The Tigers at home to get the points over the Lions who suffered injuries to important players last week.
Beechworth vs Thurgoona The Bulldogs to ambush the Bushrangers on their own property for another convincing win.
Mitta United vs Chiltern Are the Swans the real deal as they visit a Mitta team intent on keeping pace with the top flight.
Kiewa Sandy Creek vs Yackandandah Another top-notch match-up in which I think the Hawks can upset the Kangaroos
Rutherglen vs Dederang Mt Beauty The Bombers to fly all over the Cats and keep the home side winless for another week.
Tallangatta vs Wodonga Saints Would love to see the Saints salute but think the Grasshoppers won't be in a generous mood.

Barny by 2 goals
Thurgoona by 100+
Mitta by 30 points
Kiewa by 26 points
DMB by 18 points
Saints by 2 points

Should be a fairly tight round other than the Thurgoona/Beechworth game,we will find out if the swans are the real deal and will also find out exactly how much yak have improved,barny and wahgunyah could both see this match as a mini final because the loser of this will be 1-3 and both have tough draws! Who are the injuries at wahgunyah? Is that why they are so dismal or have they really dropped off?

My tips for R4 are, a few roughies here;

Barnawartha vs Wahgunyah by 49pts at home. Lions struggling.
Beechworth vs Thurgoona by 140pts, they will maul the Bushies
Mitta United vs Chiltern could go either way but i dont think Mitta will lose 2 in a row up at Eskdale. Close one. If Chiltern win up there they are the real deal.
Kiewa Sandy Creek vs Yackandandah by 35pts, KSC just coming into form, yack struggled apart from last term last week.
Rutherglen vs Dederang Mt BeautyThe cats in a nail biter at home by 3pts, still have a quality mid (Curtis, Kay, Seymour) just a matter of them kicking a winning score. Should have beaten yack last start but fell away in the last qtr.
Tallangatta vs Wodonga Saints Shut down smith and sit someone in front of parsons all day and saints will win, Saints by 29pts.

Barney to beat wahgunyah. The lions do seem to have dropped off a fair bit.
Dogs. By a lot over the bushies.
Mitta, only just and I only say this because it's up there. Hard to pick here. Should be a great game. Be great to see durbridge and reynoldson go head to head.
KSC over Yack. Yack were let off the hook last week and the hawks won't let that happen.
Rutherglen to win at home I think. Should be a good game.
Tallangatta, only because it's in Tallangatta.
Good luck to everyone for the weekend

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see in recent clearances Gordon Anderson is off to Whorouly & Jaise Coleman applied for a clearance from Chiltern back to Albury.

Jaise Coleman leaving chiltern is a HUGE loss for them. I know they have other quality players but he has being there best in every game. Can anyone from Chiltern let us in on the secret, like what happened. Anyone know the connection between GA and whorouly. Seems strange

Jaise Coleman leaving chiltern is a HUGE loss for them. I know they have other quality players but he has being there best in every game. Can anyone from Chiltern let us in on the secret, like what happened. Anyone know the connection between GA and whorouly. Seems strange

Coleman clearence from all reports denied last night. Storm in a tea cup. Will stay with the Swans for remainder of the season.

Nixon is the Whorouly tie in for Anderson. Has been playing there for a few years now and was previous to that a Barny boy through and through.

Coleman clearence from all reports denied last night. Storm in a tea cup. Will stay with the Swans for remainder of the season.

Nixon is the Whorouly tie in for Anderson. Has been playing there for a few years now and was previous to that a Barny boy through and through.

So what is the storm in a tea cup. What was the reason for the clearance request in the first place. All sounds a bit suss to me

So what is the storm in a tea cup. What was the reason for the clearance request in the first place. All sounds a bit suss to me

sounds like albury trying to pull a swifty and hope no one at chiltern realised before the 7 day auotmatic clearance period. the hub should fine albury for the error (putting in a clearance for a player they dont have a signed clearance for) if it was an error.

sounds like albury trying to pull a swifty and hope no one at chiltern realised before the 7 day auotmatic clearance period. the hub should fine albury for the error (putting in a clearance for a player they dont have a signed clearance for) if it was an error.

Would think a large fine would be called for if it wasn't an error........

Would think a large fine would be called for if it wasn't an error........

True. So how did everyone pull after the w/e games. Any big injuries to clubs. Noticed the Hume team to take on tallangatta in the paper. Looked pretty handy, anyone wanna have a stab at a tdfl team. Haven't seen all teams yet so it could prove difficult. Surely with some big names coming into the leaugue( durbridge, reynoldson, Dodd to name a few) if they are all available, should be pretty handy. Is robbo still coaching tdfl, if not wouldn't a coach from the league be better?

Lets hope he stays at Chiltern for the year. Next year i think there will be more then Albury Looking at him. Will be a handy player for the TDFL side.

True. So how did everyone pull after the w/e games. Any big injuries to clubs. Noticed the Hume team to take on tallangatta in the paper. Looked pretty handy, anyone wanna have a stab at a tdfl team. Haven't seen all teams yet so it could prove difficult. Surely with some big names coming into the leaugue( durbridge, reynoldson, Dodd to name a few) if they are all available, should be pretty handy. Is robbo still coaching tdfl, if not wouldn't a coach from the league be better?

Best I can do without watching all teams

Back - Beggs (Mitta), Hayden (Thur), Lewis (Kiewa)
Half Back - Cox (Mitta), Wilson (Chilt), McKendrick (Barn)
Centre - Bain (Thur), Durbridge (Chilt), A.Hill (Ded)
Followers - J. Coleman (Chilt), L.Mellier (Thur), N. Reynoldson (Mitta)
Half Forw - Day (Kiewa), Castles (Yack), Gorupic (Mitta)
Full Forw - Cook (Barn), Stead (Thur), Cameron (Kiewa)
Inter - Saunders (Wah), Rhodes (Kiewa), Surrey (Beech), A.Way (Thur)
Emerg - Spence (Barn), Clayton (Yack), Smith (Tall)

Knowone has seen enough of Cranage (Thurg) yet, Dodd (Wah) has not played for 3 weeks and Stewart (Mitta) only just played his first game for the season I think. May have missed some others....

Knowone has seen enough of Cranage (Thurg) yet, Dodd (Wah) has not played for 3 weeks and Stewart (Mitta) only just played his first game for the season I think. May have missed some others....
beggs has never been in the backline in his life mate. Good on you for having a crack though:thumbsu: I dont think we will get close to the hume though, if they pick a good side that is.

Hate to see what any half decent forward let alone a good one would do to Haydon at full back. Surely a better candidate around and he would be ruck back up if there wasn't anyone else.

Looks like Mitta have started there mid season spend a little earlier then usual, Nick Fraser back form the upper Murray to fill the big hole they have in the big man department,obviously he would be playing for nothing as we all know they dont pay anyone up there

Remove this Banner Ad

2012 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back