2012 starts now.

Remove this Banner Ad

I know no-one reads the junk mail that is "The Weekly Advertiser" but someone must have glanced at it when they were throwing it in the bin and told me that Peter Miller who is the United President has reviewed this weeks games. He has taken a swipe at Horsham Saints recruiting and made factual errors stating Dimboola finished a "distant but competitive third" last season. When in fact the Saints beat Dimboola in the semi finals. He tipped a winner and margin for every other game except the Dim v United game. If he continues this I suppose that it will avoid weekly embarresment throughout the year.

As for the the Link above. There is a saying, "The fish stinks from the head"

I know no-one reads the junk mail that is "The Weekly Advertiser" but someone must have glanced at it when they were throwing it in the bin and told me that Peter Miller who is the United President has reviewed this weeks games. He has taken a swipe at Horsham Saints recruiting and made factual errors stating Dimboola finished a "distant but competitive third" last season. When in fact the Saints beat Dimboola in the semi finals. He tipped a winner and margin for every other game except the Dim v United game. If he continues this I suppose that it will avoid weekly embarresment throughout the year.

As for the the Link above. There is a saying, "The fish stinks from the head"
Probably need to throw the WMT in the bin as well given the two page advertisement.

Tips welcome >

Burras by 45 v Rats

Saints by 36 v Stawell

Roos by 110 v United

Eagles by 20 v Horsham

Burras by 36 v Rats

Saints by 24 v Stawell

Roos by 136 v Imps/Wonwondah/united/KFC/RSL/Diggers.

Eagles by 12 v Demons. If they don`t win this week the Eagles they never
will. Demon outs Parish inj, Rentsch inj, Josh Pekin inj, Arnel inj, Burke susp, Barnett inj, O`Callaghan 2nds?, Lloyd unavail, Treacy-Keegan unavail. Far from there best side tommorow nite but it will be interesting how it pans out, Should be a big crowd.

I don't think money is involved, i certainly haven't heard that. As far as trying to defend Horsham actively asking U14 players from other clubs to come and train that is plainly and simply wrong so don't try and defend that. Dimboola struggle to field an u14 side at the best of times without having to deal with other clubs circling. And no Slenko this hasn't been going on for centuries. maybe you're mixing senior football with junior football? Your club needs to check its ego so that it does not rise above grass roots football which has given it 9 premierships on the trott. Do Horsham want to win that badly that they are willing to do so by folding other sides? It's a bloody joke mate and i hope someone steps in because it's setting a shocking example to kids.

Spoke to Demons officials tonight and their side of the story is these 3 Dimboola kids quit the club due to the fact they hated the club. They then approached Horsham Demons to play there. This is a far cry from your story and no doubt the truth lies some where in between. They also claim they even rang Dimboola officials to advise these kids had approched them to play and they expressed no concern. I would put it to you have you fabricated the truth even a little to convey an emotion far from the truth.

If that is even near correct its a bloody joke, no that should be you and if you have kids it's setting a shocking example.

Spoke to Demons officials tonight and their side of the story is these 3 Dimboola kids quit the club due to the fact they hated the club. They then approached Horsham Demons to play there. This is a far cry from your story and no doubt the truth lies some where in between. They also claim they even rang Dimboola officials to advise these kids had approched them to play and they expressed no concern. I would put it to you have you fabricated the truth even a little to convey an emotion far from the truth.

If that is even near correct its a bloody joke, no that should be you and if you have kids it's setting a shocking example.

Jeez you're a goose slenko. I'd be taking whatever your 'demon officials' say with a grain of salt so you don't write such rubbish on this forum and insult our intelligence. I'm not even sure what you're trying to say in the last couple of sentences. It's plainly a case of your greedy club officials preying on the young talent in the region to build on the juggernaut and leave the other clubs struggling to fill junior sides. Don't insult club officials and the tireless hours they put into a club by stating they express no concern about losing junior players. Poor form

Jeez you're a goose slenko. I'd be taking whatever your 'demon officials' say with a grain of salt so you don't write such rubbish on this forum and insult our intelligence. I'm not even sure what you're trying to say in the last couple of sentences. It's plainly a case of your greedy club officials preying on the young talent in the region to build on the juggernaut and leave the other clubs struggling to fill junior sides. Don't insult club officials and the tireless hours they put into a club by stating they express no concern about losing junior players. Poor form

"Demon Officials" quoted chronological events, named Dimboola official they spoke to, being Bruce Miller.

My gut feeling tells me who is a goose here, as one side has quoted no names, no events, just innuendo.

My statement was not that Dimboola officials were not concerned with 3 kids walking out on the club, they had no animosity towards Horsham Demons in accepting them for walking into their club.

From your arguement are u suggesting Horsham turn them away and tell the 3 kids they can stand out of football?

Goose may be a compliment!

Not sure what the argument is about. Horsham openly admits they attempt to recruit children from other clubs. How they came to get the Dimboola youngsters is obviously up for debate.
Slenko is a Demons man so will always manipulate any argument to suit their needs. He has no credibility at all after the Bourke debacle.

Seniors 6.30pm
Reserves 4.15pm
Not a great game last night for the spectators, certainly nowhere near the intensity of the Horsham/Warrck match Sat night. I wasn't terribly impressed with the Saints new recruits Rowe and Hallam, but maybe they all had a bad night. Maybe United arent as bad as everyone predicted? they have obviously had a big loss against Dimboola and it will be expected the same will follow against Horsham and Warrack, but there might be a few closer matches with the rest of the clubs.
Have any injures come out of the weekend?

Not sure what the argument is about. Horsham openly admits they attempt to recruit children from other clubs. How they came to get the Dimboola youngsters is obviously up for debate.
Slenko is a Demons man so will always manipulate any argument to suit their needs. He has no credibility at all after the Bourke debacle.

And for all those who are not Demon's Supporters will manipulate any argument to suit their needs! I know for a fact that these kids approached Horsham after being pointed in their direction by another ex-Dimboola player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A.ross ??? Couldn't get a kick in the chinkapook 2nds.

We had the bye this weekend.Watched Warrack v Dimboola at Anzac park.Dimboola are such a boring team to watch.There coach is similar to Ross Lyon,too defensive.The Eagles were a lot quicker across the ground.Very close game in the end.Dimboola were at full strength I think with Peter Macfarlane and their new ruckman playing.

And for all those who are not Demon's Supporters will manipulate any argument to suit their needs! I know for a fact that these kids approached Horsham after being pointed in their direction by another ex-Dimboola player.

Toohard, no need to state facts on here it ruins the good stories some are trying to portray on this forum.

You need to learn how to manipulate the story to give it a slant to suit yourself.

Ignore credibility just as you will notice some others do on this site!!!!

Never let the facts get in the way of good story, just ask Deccan18.

Which officials from Horsham?

Perhaps you can actually ask one of the Commissioners what happened as they are completley aware of what went on, then maybe you might believe the truth.

I believe the little story, I never said I didn’t, just wondered why Slenko was brave enough to name a Dimboola official through second hand information but to gutless to name his source at Horsham. I guess you can tell us all, now that you are answering his questions for him?
The Evil Empires appalling behaviour in junior sport is well established...it’s time to move onto other things.

I believe the little story, I never said I didn’t, just wondered why Slenko was brave enough to name a Dimboola official through second hand information but to gutless to name his source at Horsham. I guess you can tell us all, now that you are answering his questions for him?
The Evil Empires appalling behaviour in junior sport is well established...it’s time to move onto other things.

I wasn't answering his question, I was merely pointing you in the right direction. But clearly wasn't necessary as you already believe 'the little story'. Yes, let's move on to other, more interesting things!!

Remove this Banner Ad

2012 starts now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back