2012 US Open

Remove this Banner Ad

If Murray was ever going to win his first slam was always going to be the US

Just seems that this is the slam for people to breakthrough maybe because its end of year and not as much pressure

Typical Djokovic.

Soon as he is losing out come the injuries

Got to love the arrogant thumbs up and clapping to the crowd when they were getting on his back.

So ****ing happy for Murray and he earnt his 1st slam the hard way, a 5 hour 5 setter.

Well Done to Murray, he had all the reason to wilter away in the 5th but he came out and played strong tennis, good to see him get his first GS title.

So ****ing stoked for Andy! Can not wait to give out stick to haters & doubters at the Aus Open next year. Time for beers. Soooooo happy!!!!

This time last year Djoko looked unbeatable he wins the Aus and the roll continues now he has lost two Grand Slams and didnt make the final at Wimbledon

Looks like he has dropped back to the pack

Well done to Murray. It would've been criminal had he remained slamless. As for the match, the quality lifted after the first 1 and a half sets, but I didn't think it was great overall. Getting a tad bored of these slugfest marathon GS finals though. Fast hard court? Really?

Good result for Fed. 300 weeks in sight and the year-end #1 ranking now up for grabs.

I'm also happy for Lendl, the man has achieved what he set out to do. Lendl lost his first 4 Grand Slam finals before winning his first, and now Murray has done the same.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Typical Djokovic.

Soon as he is losing out come the injuries

Yep. Murray is no better though whenever he starts losing every part of his body starts hurting.

Nadal & Federer>>>>>>>> Murray & Djokovic cry babies

Anyway great result for Murray he does deserve it as much as I hate 'Great Britain' or whoever the f*** he is representing.

Amazing thing is with winning the Olympics Murray has pretty much had the best year out of all 4 of them.

This could really propel him forward, I thought it was belief that held him back from winning Wimbledon this year and now I reckon anything is possible for him.

With Federer aging and Djok looking like the level he achieved in 2011 was unsustainable and with big question marks over Nadal's ability to get through a season I wouldn't bet against Murray snaring the number 1 ranking at some point next year, not neccessarily keeping it till the end though.

Also the match up with Nadal is his worst so if he is cooked then this helps him all the more, I mean how many times has Murray been beaten by Nadal in SFs.

Amazing thing is with winning the Olympics Murray has pretty much had the best year out of all 4 of them.
Not sure I'd go that far. He hasn't won any 1000 or 500 tournaments.

I'd still say that Federer has had the best year so far. 6 titles including Wimbledon and 3 Masters. Really depends on who has the best indoor season.

FWIW this is the first year since 2003 when there has been 4 different Grand Slam champions.

Not sure I'd go that far. He hasn't won any 1000 or 500 tournaments.

I'd still say that Federer has had the best year so far. 6 titles including Wimbledon and 3 Masters. Really depends on who has the best indoor season.

FWIW this is the first year since 2003 when there has been 4 different Grand Slam champions.

Yeah I didn't mean the best year in terms of consistent performance, just more that if like me you put a huge emphasis on the GS tournaments to the point where all the others, bar the Olympics, don't mean a great deal then he can look back and say that he's one of 4 blokes that won a GS this year but the Olympics is like the tie breaker that puts him above them.

But point taken Federer has pulled out the more impressive season overall.

Nadal is a non-factor at the USO anyway.
Winning in 2010 was an aberration, and the final last year was more a function of the draw than anything else. If he was playing, he'd have the worst odds of anyone in the top 4.
Well he is. Nadal is vastly overrated at the USO, it's pretty clear to anyone remotely independent who has watched him play there.

He hasn't won a title off clay in almost two years. I don't know why you think he would have had a snowball's hope in hell of turning it around at what is by far his worst Slam. Oh that's right - you're obsessed with the guy.
The guy would have fallen over as soon as he ran into a legit contender for the title. That essentially makes him a non-factor. Of all the top four, he is the one who will be least missed from the draw.
Oh dear.

Remove this Banner Ad

2012 US Open

Remove this Banner Ad

Back