Not open for further replies.
Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
OK new season new thread..

Went along to the friendly match against Hume City today. We had A 3-0 win, goals to Makarounas, Stella and Cristaldo. Our defence was solid, passing was sharp Nichols was a standout set up two goals and was very creative. Was also good to see Finkler get a run for the last 20min.

I think we will have a good season top three finish most likely top two for me
discuss..

Also Ange on the Offsiders this morning mentioned a Marquee signing this week sometime finally!
thoughts on who this might be?

GO VICTORY!!

Oh good someone made the thread.

Looking forward to the season regardless of a marquee signing. It will become a lot clearer if halfway through we have a key deficiency in one area and we can then splash cash at a quick fix to make a run at the premiership.

Also can't wait to stomp Harry's mob.

I'm not confident with Gallas, you'd think that he'd take the offer from Palace over us. A bit of wishful thinking but I hope we make a play for a guy like Iaquinta/Petric, would bring a lot of class to the club.

don't need a striker lol

will be a defender or midfielder

Oh good someone made the thread.

Looking forward to the season regardless of a marquee signing. It will become a lot clearer if halfway through we have a key deficiency in one area and we can then splash cash at a quick fix to make a run at the premiership.

Also can't wait to stomp Harry's mob.

Ange has said that a Marquee is coming, who or what we are yet to find out, Gallas is the one been linked, top player but he does come with some controversy.

As for Harry don't wish him any ill personally but I hope we make his return one miserable night for him and his new shit club.

I saw Bru didn't make the bench, hope he's on the way out tbh.

Is Gallas still coming to the club?

Apparently I heard Bru was offered to take a payout but refused, noticed a photo of him training on his own, not good.

Gallas, have no idea, but he's is the only name floating around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Read the above post. I don't think we've properly covered the loss of Rojas yet.

we have replaced him with 1 player (Kosta) and we have Archie as well as Nabbout who has had a proper pre-season this time round and the ever improving Pain. we also have numerous youth players that can be thrown in when required.

we will score goals this season, i'm not worried about that at all. the thing that worries me is the other end of the park

Chris Herd on loan from Villa is the word going around. Might not even be marquee if as I've ready Villa are happy to pay his wages. Would boss in the A-League.

we have replaced him with 1 player (Kosta) and we have Archie as well as Nabbout who has had a proper pre-season this time round and the ever improving Pain. we also have numerous youth players that can be thrown in when required.

we will score goals this season, i'm not worried about that at all. the thing that worries me is the other end of the park

Nabbout's been shit other than his amazing game against Sydney, while Pain's a great talent but has only scored 1 goal for the club in his entire career. They're great bench players, but they're not good enough to hold down a starting spot. Archie's a star but he'll slow down eventually and no one really knows how Kosta will go given he hasn't played in Australia for quite a few seasons now, although in saying that I think he'll be good for about 8-10 goals this season.

I agree that defensively we're going to have issues, I like Ansell and Traore a lot but Leijer and Galloway can be found out occasionally.

he had one amazing game, yes but he was improving all season with his decisions, passing, shooting, movement etc in the end his fitness was why last season he couldn't shine as well as his potential showed. also i think he is much better on the wing cutting in than when he played centrally half the time. he has goals in him and for me i can't see why he won't be aiming for double figures next season

HIS ENTIRE CAREER you make it out like he has played 500 games for us ffs. Pain played probably 10 or so games half of those off the bench. he won't score as many as Nabbout but he is very capable of setting up other players

and lol bench players... doesn't mean they can't score or set up other players

people didn't expect much from Archie last season but he was one of our most important players linking up with Rojas and playing the Flores role a few times. he will be fine for another year.

Kosta was Brisbane's top scorer in his only season there. i don't see why he won't return around the same amount of goals as Rojas.

we also have Nichols who i'm sure will score a few and Milligan who averaged 1 goal every 3 goals last season (few penalties ok but still scored)

we scored 48 goals last season. looking at all the above players mentioned as well as other players chipping in with a goal or two, we are fine attacking wise.

Chris Herd on loan from Villa is the word going around. Might not even be marquee if as I've ready Villa are happy to pay his wages. Would boss in the A-League.

don't think this is true lol

Awesome!! About time

Melbourne Victory fans will be even closer to the action at Etihad Stadium this season, with the club confirming the seats will be moved in for the majority of games at the Docklands venue during the 2013/14 Hyundai A-League season.

The club has worked closely with Etihad Stadium management, who are committed to creating the best possible environment for members and fans at our home games in 2013/14.

Melbourne Victory General Manager – Operations, Trent Jacobs, said the venue had been listening to members and fans and would move the level one stands into the rectangular configuration for all games at Etihad Stadium, aside from round one's Melbourne Derby.

"These seating changes will allow fans to feel like they are closer to the game and will no doubt be a positive for our players as well," Mr Jacobs said.

"We have received some great feedback about Etihad Stadium in its rectangular configuration, including previous Melbourne Victory Grand Finals, as well as our clash with LA Galaxy.”

Due to the big crowd expected for the season opener, the seating will remain as normal to make sure all fans can be a part of what is sure to be a sensational start to the club's A-League campaign.

Etihad Stadium will be in its rectangular configuration for the following games:
Round 3: Melbourne Victory v Brisbane Roar – Friday, October 25.
Round 4: Melbourne Victory v Wellington Phoenix – Cup Eve, Monday, November 4.
Round 7: Melbourne Victory v Adelaide United – Saturday, November 23.
Round 16: Melbourne Victory v Sydney FC – Australia Day, January 26, 2014.

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/melbournevictory/news-display/Seats-coming-in/74601

Does anyone here know when tickets go on sale for our round 2 match against Adelaide in Adelaide.
MVFC weren't very helpful when I called them up lol

well the pre-sale tickets for round 1 have just started

so at a guess, maybe in a few weeks. maybe ring up the company that sells tickets for adelaide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back