Autopsy 2013, A Season in Review

Remove this Banner Ad

Grin and bare it mate.Had a similar one yesterday at work aswell.Carlton supporter who is my immediate supervisor hadn't hardly heard boo from him all year couldn't contain himself yesterday,Not as bad as your bloke by the sounds of it though,Anyway even though he's higher in the food chain than i,I asked him tp produce his membership card(knew he didn't have one) and told him to fcuk off which he did.lol

Do Carlton fans buy memberships?

I've gone the full gamut emotions since the game, shock .....frustration .....sad ......inspired (crowd thoughts mainly and what may have been)...... bewilderment .....anger ......reflection .....

but i'm almost out of it. I'm starting to feel very positive again. Just started from earlier today.

I now feel so eager to see the boys run out against them round 1. I'm going to, as a supporter, store any more frustration/anger in reserve ready for that clash. Armed with that store of passion I plan to be as vocal as i was on Sunday. Try to recapture the same feeling as Sunday.

My new found positive frame of mind has me envisaging our boys using such pent up emotion to drive them through the pre-season and exploding into round 1.

GO TIGES!!!! I want them Blues shellacked. They gotta pay for spoiling the party.

PS: sorry mods if this is not exactly an autopsy thread comment - I just had to get it off my chest somewhere.

Well I was really flat after the loss yesterday, but had dealt with it and moved on today, looking ahead rather than back. That was until our big boss, our CFO at work, a Carlton flog who was at a conference yesterday and not in the office just walked past. He's always been a bit weird and socially awkward, never really liked the guy, and this is how the exchange went:

From about 2 pods away: "How about those Tiges?"
laughs around the office, I'm thinking he's gunna want to talk about the game itself, get ready for a little discussion
"You blokes can't even hold a 5 goal lead. Judd's a star, does it when it matters not like Riewoldt who only does it against shit teams. How about the crowd, it was like you were in a bloody Grand Final. You blokes are going nowhere. We'll smash the Swans and be into the Grand Final. Where was Martin and Deledio?"

I'm just in stunned silence. There's laughs all around the office. I'm thinking this prick, who barely says a word to anyone except to massage his massive ego, is just kicking me while I'm down. Just irrational typical Carlton shit. Couldn't believe it.

A Geelong supporting mate from another pod, who knew how much I was hurting about the game yelled back at him "you only got away with that coz you're the CFO" then he starts bagging him about Geelong. The bloke can get ******.

I had quite a few Carlton supporters at work yesterday come up and be really good, sympathetic, discussed the game, genuinely were disappointed for us. But this bloke proves money can't buy you class.

I am ropable right now. And can't wait for the Swans to smash them this weekend to give him some of his own medicine.
Dudes like him have no friends, that's why he has no empathy. He probably cries into his nightly bowl of cornflakes.

Jack will be our version of gary ablett snr, and still only in his mid 20s! Worth every cent of 600k I say!!!

That's the funniest thing I've ever heard. Riewoldt is the most overrated player in the competition. I've seen him in person in three games this season and in every single one of them he has been utterly useless. Just about all he's done is occasionally flick the ball onto a teammate. Seen him take about one mark. Kick about the same number of goals. Hopeless.

That's the funniest thing I've ever heard. Riewoldt is the most overrated player in the competition. I've seen him in person in three games this season and in every single one of them he has been utterly useless. Just about all he's done is occasionally flick the ball onto a teammate. Seen him take about one mark. Kick about the same number of goals. Hopeless.

Would it change your opinion if I told you that somehow, inexplicably, you'd missed the other 57 goals he kicked?

28 July 2013: Three goals out of nine; listed in the best players (apologies to Jack Riewoldt here as I missed one, possibly both, of his goals early in the third term due to being in the pathetically long line for coffee)

25 August 2013: One goal out of 25; not listed in the best players

8 September 2013: Biggest game of the year: One goal out of 14; not listed in the best players

Even allowing for the coffee problem, that's a miserable return from a guy who's supposedly one of the best forwards in the competition :thumbsdown:

28 July 2013: Three goals out of nine; listed in the best players (apologies to Jack Riewoldt here as I missed one, possibly both, of his goals early in the third term due to being in the pathetically long line for coffee)

8 September 2013: Biggest game of the year: One goal out of 14; not listed in the best players

Even allowing for the coffee problem, that's a miserable return from a guy who's supposedly one of the best forwards in the competition :thumbsdown:
I don't get the relevance of picking out 3 random games? What about 5 April: 7 goals?

Well, if you try and judge him on what you've seen on television, you're odds-on to get some regular tell you about how he does this, that, and some other clever thing that you can't see on the broadcast! I mean, this is a guy in his seventh year, with 134 games to his name, on the end of what some rate as the best midfield in the competition, and when it matters we get one goal. One miserable goal.

Well, if you try and judge him on what you've seen on television, you're odds-on to get some regular tell you about how he does this, that, and some other clever thing that you can't see on the broadcast! I mean, this is a guy in his seventh year, with 134 games to his name, on the end of what some rate as the best midfield in the competition, and when it matters we get one goal. One miserable goal.

The whole team kicked..what, three? In the second half. Your anger is misplaced and embarrassing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How dare you rubbish our dual Coleman medallist. Shame on you!

The whole team kicked..what, three? In the second half. Your anger is misplaced and embarrassing.

It wasnt just the second half. Even when we were up and about, in the first half, he did next to nothing. I've never been a fan of the guy and this season it's been there for all to see how poor he's been. People want to go on about much how better we are than five years ago, but watching this guy's pathetic game on the weekend I was wishing we still had Kayne Pettifer.

a. You need to get to more games.
b. You need to stop drinking coffee at the football. The queues are long and the coffee is shit.
c. If we were to compare Jack's football ability to your posting ability, Jack is well ahead.

It wasnt just the second half. Even when we were up and about, in the first half, he did next to nothing.

Serious question, can someone tell me how many times Jack had the ball kicked to him in the attacking 50 on the weekend? I.e. what % of our inside 50's were directed at him

From what I remember a lot of his positions were up on the high half forward line, outside the 50m arc, and aside from his goal, the only marking opertunity inside 50 I can remember was him dropping a chance over the back in the dying stages...

In the first half there were a lot of long bombs to congestion, but I can't really remeber seeing Jack fly for the ball. I would have thought Azza and Ty had the ball kicked to them a lot more than Jack inside 50, and while we obviously need more out of Jack in big games, he didn't get too many opertunities to impose himself on the contest.

Serious question, can someone tell me how many times Jack had the ball kicked to him in the attacking 50 on the weekend? I.e. what % of our inside 50's were directed at him

From what I remember a lot of his positions were up on the high half forward line, outside the 50m arc, and aside from his goal, the only marking opertunity inside 50 I can remember was him dropping a chance over the back in the dying stages...

In the first half there were a lot of long bombs to congestion, but I can't really remeber seeing Jack fly for the ball. I would have thought Azza and Ty had the ball kicked to them a lot more than Jack inside 50, and while we obviously need more out of Jack in big games, he didn't get too many opertunities to impose himself on the contest.
To me it looked like Dimma told the players to isolate A.Edwards, who was matched up on Touhy (spelling?) for quite a bit, and that meant Riewoldt taking Jamieson up the ground a bit.

It was working quite well to be fair, then in the second half our mids just got roasted and the defenders fell to pieces.

To me it looked like Dimma told the players to isolate A.Edwards, who was matched up on Touhy (spelling?) for quite a bit, and that meant Riewoldt taking Jamieson up the ground a bit.

It was working quite well to be fair, then in the second half our mids just got roasted and the defenders fell to pieces.

Totally. And why would we do that when Jack's been a key target all year? Because Jack wasn't Jack. He was not 100% and too sore, or whatever, to be successful as the main target - IMO. This was elimination, Jack needed to play, the dice needed to be rolled. The strategy made sense to me and worked to a degree. Not our plan A (I'd preferred the normal Jack), but a feasible plan that was thought to be better than putting Jack out of the square given his fitness.

Jack makes himself an easy target for some of his actions and antics, but those tacking blatant pot shots at Jack seem a bit wide of the mark FFS. He's not immune the criticism, either Dimma and coaching staff for the plan, but suggesting Jack is a spud is just silly and needs some perspective.

Overall did a bit better than I expected, sailed into 5th rather than scraped into 7th or 8th ( or 9th!).
Good and bad, beat a couple of teams above, but dropped a few to lower sides.
Best game: probably v hawks or Freo,
Worst: Elim final, all games v carlton, showed we couldnt last out the game, v pies and north and cats, didnt look up to it.
Most disappointing game was obviously the Elim, particularly as we lost in similar fashion, came out blazing, fell in a heap, tactics completely ineffective to reduce their comeback.

Overall most disappointing:
Our fancy midfield that was gifted from spoon years was smashed in clearances several times, and we are still to field a threatening forward line. Big name stars all showed they are unable to shake a tag, and rarely dominated games, less often than they went missing anyway. Without having watched many Suns games, I reckon GAJ had about 3 games when he was badly restricted, whereas Lids and Cotch had about 5 or 6 each. Not elite.

Reassuring:
Conca and Ellis and Vlaustin all look the goods.
A Edwards and Chaplin good recruits.
Back line looking solid. Morris a favourite.
Starting to see some depth, don't wince at the 'Ins'
Whipping boys much improved. Jacko put in a flawed, but undeniably good season.
Matty White too, I reckon most were spewin he was missing from the Elim, whereas last year most weren't sold on him being on the list. Really seems to have markedly improved his kicking. even McG won some accolades.

Uplifting:
Demons begone! R1 win, Cairns win! Top 8 finish
Smacking the drug cheats, beating the ladder leaders again.

Scarey: absolutely smacked by Nth and swans, and unable to put Carlton away ( r1 win was ~4 pts, with all the momentum theirs in the last. I went from Canbera, and found it VERY underwhelming, which was a step up from humiliating I guess, but had 2 of those before the season was out).

Generally happy with home and away, expected to win Elim from 5th, regardless of opposition.
Haven't heard anything from those who wanted a home final v Port since they did for a team we cannot beat.

jack was playing higher up the ground all day edwards & vickery used as the main forwards.

jack needs to play closer to goal he is our number 1.
great season overall but we seem to choke again carlton we did it round 21(i Think) & the final the 1st quarter we wasted chance after chance. edwards strong marking was a highlight bit his goal kicking is letting him down as it did at the roos & eagles. we need to make a call iof a guy that has great hand but below average goal kicking is a forward we can afford (i'd rather Mcguane in the team)

like it or not we still need a ruckmen maric was outstanding but against a tall ruckmen like warnock he got killed.

Conca going down early hurt.

tackling all season has been our problem if we dont have it we dont work hard enough to get it.
look at all the top teams tackling is a hightlight of those teams.

offseason tacklling & goal kicking needs to be a focus.

we have the team to go deep in September if we work on a few thing

For all the haters and negative bs about the club that we love, in the past 12 years of your life how have you made changes to become better in your personal life, given we pay money to support our beloved club, but what are we expecting? We are still growing and soon we will dominate make no mistake, but it comes over time, maybe we should have put back into the players that bled for us on field in the past. We have a fantastic list and I would compare it to any side on the comp. I am excited and not disappointed because it takes hurt and pain to make real champions and I swear on it we will break down the door soon enough. I love you Richmond and you guys made me proud! And we are winning hearts of all other clubs too... God Tiges

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

a. You need to get to more games.
b. You need to stop drinking coffee at the football. The queues are long and the coffee is shit.
c. If we were to compare Jack's football ability to your posting ability, Jack is well ahead.

a. I've been to 100% of Richmond's games in Sydney for the last decade!
b. The queues are long but that's because one little lady and her son and trying to serve the entire SCG, where the coffee is excellent
c. One goal! One goal! One lousy goal! And you're going on about Jack's "football ability". Three less than Duigan. Three less than Waite. Two less than Betts. And at least my posts aren't costing you $600,000. What a joke. They need to get out the tape of this game every time anyone asks for a pay rise.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2013, A Season in Review

Remove this Banner Ad

Back