D2 2013 Div2, the thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great effort by yarra valley to make the grand final, therry to beat st Mary's to set up a massive grand final. How about the reserves? What are your predictions. Eltham to beat st Mary's by 3 goals to go into the final against therry.

Great effort by yarra valley to make the grand final, therry to beat st Mary's to set up a massive grand final. How about the reserves? What are your predictions. Eltham to beat st Mary's by 3 goals to go into the final against therry.

Was lucky enough to see all four D2 finals games Albinoturtle.

Your ressies boys were good for three quarters, but allowed St Johns into the game in the last quarter. Lucky for a holding the ball decision late and a brilliant goal from long out, were you able to snatch the lead late. St Mary's were actually very good in their ressies loss to Therry. Right in it for three quarters. Would be expecting the sainters to take care of the turtles on Saturday.

In the seniors, Yarra Valley were super dominant. Hard to see them getting beaten in two weeks. The game between Eltham and St Mary's in the ones was no where near the standard of the second semi. Would expect Therry to account for St Mary's seniors on Saturday...

which sets up a 1 v 2 in both the seniors and reserves, and hard to see either results from the semis change. Maybe Therry in seniors can bounce back, but Yarra Valley are the form side.

Elimination Final

OE over SMS by 14 Pts (No doubt the Saints were resting players last time out, but I cannot select a side who vary so much from week to week. Seb Ciavola holds the key for Eltham, who similarly were less than impressive last time out, but h8ave been the more consistent team throughout the year. Should be close, but the Turtles for mine).

Qualifying Final

Therry over Yarra Valley by 29 Pts (Therry have been the Premier side of this division all year and whilst Finals can provide and upset here and there, I cannot see it being this one. The Bannister’s have had a fine season and The Lions run and carry is clearly the best around. The Bushrangers will look to force stoppages at all times to turn this into an arm wrestle, but this will only be achievable in the short term as Therry pull clear in the second half).

Review

Got 'em both wrong as the Sainters continued their roller coaster ride with a crushing win aghainst Eltham. The 49 point margin really flattered the Turtles as SMS showed us why they are as good as anyone on their day. Ditto Yarra Valley who crushed the Lions in their best performance of the season. Ryan Amos and Ben Trend were amongst the best in a stirring win.

Prelim Preview

Lions over SMS by 13 Points ( St Mary's have surprised me all season but take away last week and the Lions have almost been unbeatable in this grade. A month ago, Therry crushed the Saints by 79 points and although I doubt the margin will ever threaten that scoreline, I cannot look past the Lions).

Good luck to all

Quasi

I
Great get Albinoturtle! Absolutely spot on with both tips.
The game in the reserves looked to be a blow out at the end of the third, st Mary's fought the season out well. Predictions for the grand final is therry by 20 points in the seniors, and eltham by 8 points in the magoos. The week rest will unsettle therry

Prelim Preview

Lions over SMS by 13 Points ( St Mary's have surprised me all season but take away last week and the Lions have almost been unbeatable in this grade. A month ago, Therry crushed the Saints by 79 points and although I doubt the margin will ever threaten that scoreline, I cannot look past the Lions).

P/F Review

St Mary’s were gallant all season but Jarrod Bannister ensured that the Lions got another crack at the Bushrangers.

Grand Final Preview

Lions by 22 Pts
I have been on the Therry bandwagon since May, so no time to get off now. Their best football is clearly the best in the competition and although Yarra Valley are very good, I think the 2nd Semi result can be reversed. Ben Harding for best afield.

Good luck to all

Quasi

Paul Harris named playing coach of Ivanhoe for 2014. Great player, great bloke and very committed to pushing his beloved club back up the grades.

Good luck Harro! :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back