List Mgmt. 2013 draft and trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Essendon need pick 1 do they (esp with Daniher)? They are a season or two from a solid crack at the flag, they need to keep their players and try and pick up another Goddard type.

The teams that need the pick are the ones that are just about to rebuild or need a new KPF (in 3-4 years time)

Also being able to offer a top 5 pick plus a decent player is much more likely then a club being able to offer a A grader in exchange for pick 1. But by the same token would not be shocked if Carlton pulled the trigger and offered something decent to get Boyd

I don't think Essendon need pick 1 do they (esp with Daniher)? They are a season or two from a solid crack at the flag, they need to keep their players and try and pick up another Goddard type.

The teams that need the pick are the ones that are just about to rebuild or need a new KPF (in 3-4 years time)

IMO I think if we trade with you guys, I recon we'll be going after one of your young mids, which you have plenty of than for a draft pick??

You're right about Boyd; but there are three possibilities with Pick 1.

1) Take it and use it on Boyd. Daniher and Boyd are one year apart; would be a weapon of mass destruction in five years
2) Take it and use it someone other than Boyd. I like the look of Aish for example.
3) Take it and extract something of value from someone that could use Boyd.

Personally I think Essendon will be right in the flag mix as of next year, so option 3 seems the likeliest.

Pick 1 for Griffen for example has been mentioned (though I think that is a SLIGHT over payment). Could offer it to the Hawks for Rioli and a sweetener (wonder how receptive they'd be to that). Maybe offer it to the Pies (who could use Boyd) for Daisy and a pick.

Any of those scenarios would put Essendon at or near the top of flag betting for 2014 I reckon.

You're right about Boyd; but there are three possibilities with Pick 1.

1) Take it and use it on Boyd. Daniher and Boyd are one year apart; would be a weapon of mass destruction in five years
2) Take it and use it someone other than Boyd. I like the look of Aish for example.
3) Take it and extract something of value from someone that could use Boyd.

Personally I think Essendon will be right in the flag mix as of next year, so option 3 seems the likeliest.

Pick 1 for Griffen for example has been mentioned (though I think that is a SLIGHT over payment). Could offer it to the Hawks for Rioli and a sweetener (wonder how receptive they'd be to that). Maybe offer it to the Pies (who could use Boyd) for Daisy and a pick.

Any of those scenarios would put Essendon at or near the top of flag betting for 2014 I reckon.

Option 3 makes most sense. I think drafting for pick 1 this year for anyone other than Boyd then you will be paying too much for the pick. It sounds like all the value is wrapped up in the ability to get your KPF position sorted for a decade+. The only problem with option 3 is if they give something of equal value to Giants than they get out of it, because I am sure the Giants would like Griffen, Rioli or Daisy themselves.

Link

BOYSIPmCEAE_A0e.jpg:large

I guess they're only discussing Silvagni's boys. :D

Picks 3 and 22 for pick 1 and Josh Bruce? Anyone here want that?

Pick 3, pick 22 and Dylan Addison (battler, tough contested and would be a good player with more opportunity's) for pick 1 and Bruce? What would you want for pick 1 and Josh Bruce?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon there would be a way of getting a 3 way trade done with a team looking for more picks, rather than lower picks (e.g. Gold Coast).

Not a trade suggestions, but hypothetically:
GWS trade Pick 1 and Pick 10 for pick 5/6, Warnock/Hampson and player x (from carlton not sure who)
Carlton trade Warnock/Hampson, Pick 11 and player x for Pick 1
Gold Coast trade pick 5/6 for picks 10 and 11.

hey i know this is stupid but what about mumford pick 20 and someone like sam reid or jesse white for pick 10 and something else?

We really don't have a need for pick 20, but Sheedy apparently said the other day he would like to add a tall running defender so keeping that in mind maybe a package of Mumford & Everitt might have some merit, but would think it would be in exchange for a 2nd rounder and a fridge player if it was to happen at all.

Darcy gardiner is the best true KPD in the draft and should be available at pick 10. He is a pure stopper and not a rebounder like corr and plowman. A draft of Boyd, gardiner, EWB and perhaps a Paul Johnson and Kris pendlebury would please me immensely

Darcy gardiner is the best true KPD in the draft and should be available at pick 10. He is a pure stopper and not a rebounder like corr and plowman. A draft of Boyd, gardiner, EWB and perhaps a Paul Johnson and Kris pendlebury would please me immensely

Rebounder Corr, not sure if we're thinking about the same player ;)

We really don't have a need for pick 20, but Sheedy apparently said the other day he would like to add a tall running defender so keeping that in mind maybe a package of Mumford & Everitt might have some merit, but would think it would be in exchange for a 2nd rounder and a fridge player if it was to happen at all.

that is a pretty good deal but if GWS got mumford when he is in top form and everitt is starting to find good form that would have to be pick 10!p.s any suggestions on our 2nd player jordan lockyer if that could bring something?

Sounds like drama going on at the Pies with Harry O having a falling out with Buck's. It was covered on the footy show on Thurs night. Lots of rumours on the forums, a few suggesting a trade to us.
In pretty good form on field, would be a great acquisition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back