List Mgmt. 2013 draft and trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serious question, Dane Swan and an early second round pick for your pick one or Jonathon Patton? Any takers?

That is embarrassing, Dane Swan is 30 in February and is known to be a major initiator of your culture issues. Why would GWS want a bloke who has at best 2 more good years as well as a pointless 2nd round draft pick to give away a prized pick 1 blue chip investment in the future.

We are not here just to make your list better, we're trying to build something ourselves. Stop thinking we are the new Dockers!!

That is embarrassing, Dane Swan is 30 in February and is known to be a major initiator of your culture issues. Why would GWS want a bloke who has at best 2 more good years as well as a pointless 2nd round draft pick to give away a prized pick 1 blue chip investment in the future.

We are not here just to make your list better, we're trying to build something ourselves. Stop thinking we are the new Dockers!!

Sorry Giant, deal is done, van peebles said so

On a serious note, I thought that would be exactly what you would want. An older bloke who can seriously play to take the pressure off your young
mid field for a couple of years until they are ready to shoulder the burden all on their own

Would Witts, N.Brown and pick 10 be enough for Patton??

sevenmagicbeans.png

Greetings all.

Wondering what player on the Geelong list would get GWS supporters to part with your first 2nd round selection (20/early 20s is it)?

I'm thinking you might be more willing to release that selection and, with the Geelong list squeeze, there could be a win-win scenario here.

Interested to see what names pop up.

Cheers.

Greetings all.

Wondering what player on the Geelong list would get GWS supporters to part with your first 2nd round selection (20/early 20s is it)?

I'm thinking you might be more willing to release that selection and, with the Geelong list squeeze, there could be a win-win scenario here.

Cheers.
selwood
daylight
come back with him and we will talk

Greetings all.

Cheers.

I'm not sure you have something we want for a 2nd round pick. What about Travis Varcoe for pick 9?? We could really use a player of his class in the midfield. No doubt you'd be loathe to lose him after backing him through an injury plagued career. He's mid 20's so fits our profile nicely I reckon.

I'm not sure you have something we want for a 2nd round pick. What about Travis Varcoe for pick 9?? We could really use a player of his class in the midfield. No doubt you'd be loathe to lose him after backing him through an injury plagued career. He's mid 20's so fits our profile nicely I reckon.
Varcoe for pick 9?

You sure?

Cause I'm about to sign that off.

Varcoe is a tricky one. Personally, I think you're paying a little too much for him.

That said, get his body right and get through a pre-season without issue and you may get a guy who can do some damage.

Since he returned from injury he has struggled a fair bit and, at times, looks to be avoiding contests (probably a product of the bung shoulder) but most of us were happy with his start to the year.

Varcoe for pick 9?

You sure?

Cause I'm about to sign that off.

Varcoe is a tricky one. Personally, I think you're paying a little too much for him.

That said, get his body right and get through a pre-season without issue and you may get a guy who can do some damage.

Since he returned from injury he has struggled a fair bit and, at times, looks to be avoiding contests (probably a product of the bung shoulder) but most of us were happy with his start to the year.

I can't speak for others but I'm sure. We desperately need a ruckman, a key defender and an experienced and classy midfielder. Varcoe was always going to take some time to get his confidence back coming back from the foot and the shoulder but at his best he is a Rolls Royce.

In reality pick 9 for us is a bit worthless for another kid, we need to trade it and our 2nd rounder to help infuse some mid 20 senior players that can take some pressure off our kids.

I don't think we should give up pick 1 and I think we should use Adams and Bruce (maybe as a package to get another early 1st round pick but I'm not too fussed about 9 or 20.

Varcoe would be a good risk IMHO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The thing about finishing last is you think you've finished first come draft time lol.

Mcevoy, dal santo, 2nd round pick for Bruce and pick 1?

i know saints are not chasing pick 1 but would u GWS fans do it?

So it wasn't enough to take pick 1 for an oldie a useless 2nd round pick and McEvoy, you had to get extra greedy and ask for Bruce as well!!

Why don't we hand up Whitfield as well just so we don't walk away feeling we got too much the upper hand...

Pass...

Mcevoy, dal santo, 2nd round pick for Bruce and pick 1?

i know saints are not chasing pick 1 but would u GWS fans do it?

Dal santo is a free trade to any team that he wants to go to. Mcevoy is a good ruckman, but i don't think the Saints would want to trade him and he probably wouldn't be enough to get the first pick. GWS would probably want a player for bruce. Is that the way you guys see it?

you don't need any more draft picks as your like the suns with your list is top 20 draft pick players, the afl have made sure that the new clubs will play finals alot so you don't need anyone really as your going to be really good with all that talent.

The Age running with an article that's saying you might be into Sam Fisher. Probably only got a couple of years left, so not looking for a lot. What would you be looking to trade for him? Assuming Bruce is out of the picture.

The Age running with an article that's saying you might be into Sam Fisher. Probably only got a couple of years left, so not looking for a lot. What would you be looking to trade for him? Assuming Bruce is out of the picture.

Given Fisher will be 32 next year this would seem an odd move by us as we have said all year long we would target players between 24-28 age group. So for mine going after Fisher would be a poor move

What are your thoughts on Gwilt?

The Saints have a lot of experienced medium defenders which isn't exactly ideal for us in our current position. Gwilt can play small/tall but really plays a similar role to Gilbert/Roberton/Dempster.

Do you think GWS would be interested in an experienced package of Fisher(31) and Gwilt (27) to see them through the next couple of years for some pick upgrades?

Aside from a clear Saints perspective, I am looking forward to seeing what GWS do during the trade period. It will be really interesting to see their blueprint unfold in terms of how they want to build the club. The path they have taken compared with the Gold Coast is quite different and I am looking forward to comparing the clubs in the years to come (as comparisons now are pointless).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back