Teams 2013 Rate my SuperCoach Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all relatively new at this sc caper can i get some feed back on my team please

Def-God/Gibbs/Geary/Yarran /Thorton/Vlastuin (pittard/docherty).
Mid-Gaj/Pendles/Kennedy/Martin/Heppell/Ball/Smith/Viney (Cachia/Crouch).
Ruck-Hamson/TheBurger (gawn/daw).
Fwds-Buddy/Coxy/zorko/Williams/Patton/Jakcsh (Lee/McBean}.

think you have to many mid price players, id ditch

geary yarran thornton for hartlett or broughton or staker or bock and a rookie
ball downgrade to a rookie
hamson for jacobs goldstein or maric
patton williams for varcoe staker mcaffer bock and a premo stevie j bartel rockliff pav depending on what cash you have left

hope that helps

Excellent team for a 10 minute job, but with all that money left you should probably trade in Ryder or Bartel or Kerridge and buy someone of better value. Otherwise, awesome :thumbsu:

But the problem is, I think I might trade Watson out for Ablett, meaning I will have no money left.

So what do you think? Keep Watson instead of Ablett and have 100,000 dollars to spend elsewhere or put in Ablett ahead of Watson to then have no money to spend elsewhere?

What do you guys think of this team?

B: Goddard, Waters, Broughton, Atley, B. Ellis, Bock (Terlich, Colquhoun)
MID: Ablett, Cotchin, Fyfe, S. Johnson, K. Stevens, Mundy, O'Meara, K. Mitchell (Viney, Crouch)
R: Roughead, Leuenberger (Daw, Grundy)
F: Pavlich, J. Riewoldt, Cloke, D. Martin, J. Kennedy, B. Staker (S. Kerridge, T. Lee)

28wc86r.png

Thoughts? Had to put it together quickly. Not sure about the back line.

But the problem is, I think I might trade Watson out for Ablett, meaning I will have no money left.

So what do you think? Keep Watson instead of Ablett and have 100,000 dollars to spend elsewhere or put in Ablett ahead of Watson to then have no money to spend elsewhere?

It's really up to you, I for one love Ablett becuase of consistently high scores make him a great ready made captain choice, however, that 100,000 might get you an upgrade that should see you cover the extra 18 points per game average that Ablett has over Watson. It is entirely up to you, but Watson is a consistent scorer, whilst Ablett is a consistent scorer who can pull out an insanely high score in the high 170's and beyond.

28wc86r.png

Thoughts? Had to put it together quickly. Not sure about the back line.

Yeah back line is definitely the weakest. You've really only got one player who can be considered safe. Goddard should play all games this year, Bock in the same boat but is injury prone, and the others will probably play a max of 10 games or so, I'd say. Plowman and Jaksch mightn't get games considering they have Davis, and Mohr in the backline, and Patton and Cameron in the Forward line. Of those two, I'd say Jaksch would probably play first, given that it would release one of Patton or Cameron up field.

Midfield is very strong, but I'd take Wines out and add Kane Mitchell. Frees up another 30,000 or so, and should be ready made for round 1.

Rucks are good, although Sandi is a dangerous option. Can get big scores but can't stay on the park. Minson is an interesting one, but I believe there are better options out there, namely Goldstein, and if you are feeling adventurous, Leuenberger, who provides a high risk, high reward scenario. Interestingly, in the last 10 games, Leuey has averaged 100 points per game.

Forward line is good, however, for an extra 13,000 you can upgrade Higgins to Cloke. Mightn't sound like a massive upgrade, but I believe Cloke this year will have a great year. Also, Josh Kennedy from West Coast is another you might want to consider. Is $300,000 so he, like Leuenberger, can pay dividends if he stays on the park.

Here's my first shot at this year. I'd be interested in your opinions, as well as who you would drop and who you would bring in:

BACKS

B. Goddard (ESS), H. Shaw (COLL), B. Waters (WCE)
H. Hartlett (PTA), S. Docherty (BL), D. Herlich (MEL)
S. Colquhoun (PTA), K Hartigan (ADL)

MIDFIELDERS

G. Ablett (GCS), D. Swan (COLL), B. Maloney (BL)
J. Watson (ESS), J Kennedy (SYD), L. Ball (COLL)
J. O'Maera (GCS), B. Crouch (ADL), J. Viney (MEL), M. Jones (MEL)

Rucks

D. Cox (WCE), M. Leuenberger (BL)
D. Currie (NM), J. Ceglar (HAW)

Forwards

L. Franklin (HAW), J. Bartel (GEEL), G. Broughton (GCS)
A. Krakouer (COLL), L. Johnson (ADL), B. McCaffer (COLL)
B. Staker (BL), S. Dwyer (COLL)

$91,000 in the bank.

Scotland is suspended for the first two games of the season. Thomas is injured and will probably not make it for round 1. Don't think Burgoyne or A.Selwood are smart selections, not fantasy relevant scorers, Selwood is used way too defensively to score well. Better off getting rid and replacing with rookies and premiums. Would replace B.Murdoch with Macaffer. Would get rid of Kerridge for Wines (even though Kerridge is dpp).

PureEagles - Agree with TheOz 100% on this.

DEF
J. Grimes (MEL)
S. Thompson (CARL)
G. Birchall (HAW)
G. Broughton (GC)
B. Staker (BRIS)
B. Goodes (WB)

S. Docherty (BRIS)
D. Terlich (MEL)

MID
G. Ablett (GC)
J. Selwood (GEE)
S. Thompson (ADEL)
L. Shuey (WC)
N. Fyfe (FRE)
K. Stevens (WB)
A. Embley (WC)
L. Sumner (GWS)

B. Crouch (ADEL)
J. Viney (MEL)

RUCK
S. Jacobs (ADEL)
M. Leuenberger (BRIS)

B. Grundy (COLL)
J. Hannath (FRE)

FWD
D. Cox (WC)
T. Rockcliff (BRIS)
J. Lewis (HAW)
T. Dickson (WB)
S. Byrnes (MEL)
J. Growden (GWS)

T. Lee (STK)
T. Membury (SYD)

Probably gonna get asked questions about Tory Dickson, and I'd love to hear people's thoughts. Forward line looks weak to me.

$60,600 left in the back. All suggestions welcomed!

To have 740k price tag he'd need to score 160 week in week out? I'll take my chances of him not getting that average in the first 10 week.
Even if Ablett doesnt score 160 a week he will score more than any other mid in the first 10 rounds and is a no brainer for captaincy most weeks. If you dont have him youll risk getting your captain wrong most weeks as well and fall well behind the pack. Youll still be scratching your head working out how to get him in at some stage whilst most others will be concentrating on getting their rest of their team right

Screen shot 2013-02-04 at 5.57.56 PM.png

$50,900 left over. Considering trading either Mundy or Pederson to a Rookie +Premium Mid, the rest is fairly settled. Will watch NAB Cup for rookies. Let me know what you think.

34ffc0g.png

I made another minor change...after reading some great reviews on Crouch from Adelaide I decided to move him in. I couldn't bear to part with Viney, Mitchell or O'Meara so decided to drop Moloney and use the extra cash to upgrade Mitch Morton to Travis Cloke. What does everyone think?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even if Ablett doesnt score 160 a week he will score more than any other mid in the first 10 rounds and is a no brainer for captaincy most weeks. If you dont have him youll risk getting your captain wrong most weeks as well and fall well behind the pack. Youll still be scratching your head working out how to get him in at some stage whilst most others will be concentrating on getting their rest of their team right
I agree starting with both Swan and Ablett cost a lot of money but is worth every Dollar

It's a can't lose situation.

I would personally trade in Kerridge/Ryder, rather than get rid of Watson for Ablett (who isn't a huge deal better than Jobe).

View attachment 10852

$50,900 left over. Considering trading either Mundy or Pederson to a Rookie +Premium Mid, the rest is fairly settled. Will watch NAB Cup for rookies. Let me know what you think.

This is a great team. Im more inclined to go a full guns n rookies approach but this team is strong.

This is a great team. Im more inclined to go a full guns n rookies approach but this team is strong.

agreed, strong on all lines.

i'm personally not a fan of starting with buddy at the moment. but that's just my opinion

Def - Goddard, Gibbs, rookie, rookie, rookie, rookie (rookie, rookie)
Mids - Ablett, Swan, Pendles, Watson, Cotchin, Selwood, Murphy, Dangerfield (O'meara, Viney)
Ruck - Luey, Rookie (rookie, rookie)
Forw - Kennedy, McCaffer rookie, rookie, rookie, rookie (rookie, rookie)

I need more money haha, god dam I wish my team was a sydney based expansion club.

agreed, strong on all lines.

i'm personally not a fan of starting with buddy at the moment. but that's just my opinion
Me either the problem is who to pick insted of Buddy. I mean Franklin could come out and do an Ablett, or he could do a Cloke, that's why I think People are worried and not sure if they should pick him or not. Also Hawthorn starts with a pretty hard fixture.

Def - Goddard, Gibbs, rookie, rookie, rookie, rookie (rookie, rookie)
Mids - Ablett, Swan, Pendles, Watson, Cotchin, Selwood, Murphy, Dangerfield (O'meara, Viney)
Ruck - Luey, Rookie (rookie, rookie)
Forw - Kennedy, McCaffer rookie, rookie, rookie, rookie (rookie, rookie)

I need more money haha, god dam I wish my team was a sydney based expansion club.

great midfield :)

Me either the problem is who to pick insted of Buddy. I mean Franklin could come out and do an Ablett, or he could do a Cloke, that's why I think People are worried and not sure if they should pick him or not. Also Hawthorn starts with a pretty hard fixture.

I'm not picking him because of his start to the year, hopefully he'll fall down in price a bit.

Pavlich I reckon is probably the closest similar option to Buddy imo, absolutely tore up the second half of the season last year when moved back to his traditional position. I think he has had pre-season surgery tho so might have to see how he does pre-season but if he looks fit and firing in the NAB cup then it'll be hard to pass him up. He's also 32 but looked in career best form second half of last season.

Zorko IS an interesting one.

I actually had him captain at a stage last season. It's just at the point now where there are more appealing options and the question beckons on whether he can continue that form from last season.

I personally think Mark LeCras will actually end up averaging more than Zorko and he's almost half the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back