Teams 2013 Rate my SuperCoach Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed with you and I'd understand about Ball being a huge risk. But it could pay off. Swapped Staker for Mayes after I heard the bad news that he got injured and should I start Dangerfield and Cotchin as well as Swan and Ablett together or downgrade one of them to someone like Pendles, Murphy etc? Trying to finish in the top 100 this year.

Who would you downgrade them to? Depends really! Those 4 are fine, I'd just rather Selwood/Murphy over Dangerfield tbh - if in doubt, pick someone who has been consistent over a few seasons :thumbsu:

No he doesn't that's what Roughead is for

Ummm yeah he does, if looneyburger gets injured pretty hard to swap cox in there without using a trade...

Backs: G. Birchall, J. Grimes, D. Heppell, G. Broughton, S. Atley, J. Pittard (B. Goodes, D. Terlich)

Midfield: G. Ablett, S. Pendlebury, J. Kennedy, M. Murphy, O. Wines, J. Viney, B. Crouch, N. Hrovat (J. O'Meara, T. Mitchell)

Rucks: S. Jacobs, M. Leuenberger (J. Witts, D. Currie)

Forwards: D. Cox, T. Walker, S. Johnson, L. Breust, M. LeCras, J. Stringer (B. Macaffer, T. Lee)

Is Atley worth having as a unique pick? Or should I change to Yarran?

If you were to choose out of Yarran and Atley, without any bias I would go Yarran. I think he will thrive under Malthouse. He has has an extra few years in the system too. I think he's ready to take that next step.

RE your team, I just think you're a premium short in the midfield. There might be some good cash cows in the mid but I think you need min 5 premiums in the mid. I'd downgrade one of your premium backs and upg a rookie in the mid.

Any thoughts on my team below and how it could be improved?

DEF: Goddard, Birchall, Yarran, Pederesen, L.Brown, Pittard (Docherty, Terlich)

MIDS: Ablett, Cotchin, Jack, SLoane, Fyfe, K.Stevens, Viney, O'Meara (Crouch, K.Mitchell)

RUC: Goldstein, Leuenberger (Rowe, Witts)

FWD: Franklin, Cox, Rockliff, De Boer, Broughton, Byrnes (Macaffer, Lee)

$5,400 leftover.

My strategy clearly is to go light in the DEF as I reckon this is the position on the ground where premium fluctuate the most hence there will be some good upgrade targets throughout the year. I have jampacked the fwd line with premiums because I don't think there's much upside in the rookie / midprice players there. LeCras is too expensive considering he's coming off a knee injury and I think Varcoe is too risky as well.

If you were to choose out of Yarran and Atley, without any bias I would go Yarran. I think he will thrive under Malthouse. He has has an extra few years in the system too. I think he's ready to take that next step.

RE your team, I just think you're a premium short in the midfield. There might be some good cash cows in the mid but I think you need min 5 premiums in the mid. I'd downgrade one of your premium backs and upg a rookie in the mid.

MIDS: Ablett, Cotchin, Jack, SLoane, Fyfe, K.Stevens, Viney, O'Meara (Crouch, K.Mitchell)

$5,400 leftover.

My strategy clearly is to go light in the DEF as I reckon this is the position on the ground where premium fluctuate the most hence there will be some good upgrade targets throughout the year. I have jampacked the fwd line with premiums because I don't think there's much upside in the rookie / midprice players there. LeCras is too expensive considering he's coming off a knee injury and I think Varcoe is too risky as well.

I really like your team, not 100% about Fyfe and I think for safety you could probably do with a more established premium to replace one of Jack/Sloane/Fyfe as the risk is there but the reward could be huge if they all improve on last year. I like your mix of premiums and mid pricers.

I was tossing up between Yarran and Atley myself. I too think Yarran will thrive under Malthouse but i went for Atley on the basis that he has settled in the one position since debut and has steadily improved since. Yarran, as talented as he is, has never been allowed to settle in the one position as he has been moved from forward to defence and now it appears to the midfield where it may take time for him to adjust - don't let that put you off, I think he will post some huge scores and is worth the risk. I'll watch him closely in the NAB cup.

I'd hate to see the rest of your team. :rolleyes:

Your backs, rucks or forwards or a combination of two of the three would be wafer thin. :eek:

Obviously, but that's the point, Goldy and Berger in the rucks.

Buddy Cox and Rockliff up fwd, only Goddard down back.

I recon there is enough players returning from injury/new club that are under priced to still have a decent team (eg Mcaffer, Byrnes to name a few)

With the news of Staker having more surgery I dropped NDS and added Gibbs to the backline for that extra support.

Lots of mids is the way to go IMHO

Okay, I made some significant changes to my team since my last post:

DEFENDERS: B.Goddard(ESS), B.Gibbs(CARL), G.Broughton(GC), C.Yarran(CARL), C.Guthrie(GEE), J.Wilkinson(GC), S.Docherty(BL), D.Van Unen(ESS).
MIDFIELDERS: S.Pendlebury(COLL), P.Dangerfield(ADEL), T.Cotchin(RICH), H.Bennell(GC), N.Fyfe(FRE), L.Ball(COLL), T.Varcoe(GEE), J.O'Meara(GC), B.Goodes(WBD), B.Crouch(ADEL).
RUCKS: S.Jacobs(ADEL), M.Leuenberger(BL), M.Daw(NM), L.McBean(RICH)
FORWARDS: D.Cox(WCE), T.Walker(ADEL), S.Reid(SYD), N.Bock(GC), A.Krakouer(COLL), B.Smedts(GEE), B.Macaffer(COLL), S.Dwyer(COLL).

Thoughts?

Okay, I made some significant changes to my team since my last post:

DEFENDERS: B.Goddard(ESS), B.Gibbs(CARL), G.Broughton(GC), C.Yarran(CARL), C.Guthrie(GEE), J.Wilkinson(GC), S.Docherty(BL), D.Van Unen(ESS).
MIDFIELDERS: S.Pendlebury(COLL), P.Dangerfield(ADEL), T.Cotchin(RICH), H.Bennell(GC), N.Fyfe(FRE), L.Ball(COLL), T.Varcoe(GEE), J.O'Meara(GC), B.Goodes(WBD), B.Crouch(ADEL).
FORWARDS: D.Cox(WCE), T.Walker(ADEL), S.Reid(SYD), N.Bock(GC), A.Krakouer(COLL), B.Smedts(GEE), B.Macaffer(COLL), S.Dwyer(COLL).

Thoughts?

Sam Reid never ever going to average above 75 - bad pick IMHO
Bock - out injured, unlikely to play rd 1 and given his injury unlikely to play anything decent until midway thry the year
A Krak - magestical but never going to average high, destined for the highlights reel but not the SC hall of fame
Wilkinson - not sure he's even best 25 let alone best 22
Smedts - first time i've seen him...intersting averaged 45odd last season, cannot see the logic in picking him
Guthrie - doubt his role is suited to SC scoring eg: 245K for a bloke that wont average over 60 = 100K too expensive

On the positive Tex Walker i like

And Finally -Where is Captain GAJ??

But you know what - it will be different, good luck

Pre-NAB Cup team:

Pre-NABCupTeam_zps1453cd2a.png

$5,400 leftover.

FWIW, i think you're onto something. I've gone a similar path. Fwd rookies aren't much chop at this early stage so i've loaded up on premiums there (4, i don't want a Relton Roberts sitting on my bench again) and taken the punt on midpricers down back whilst still maintaining 4 premiums in the middle plus a midpricer.

My team needs some work... cos it suuuuucks! :confused: haha
Who should I keep.... who should I ditch, and who are some people I could bring into it!
Thanks guys! :)

I have $62,400 left over...

sc1_zps6190dbc1.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please give advice :)
89345842.jpg
Can't see your fwd line, but team looks decent. Dustin Martin is a massive risk (heard all sorts of rumours about him) personally im steering clear, but could be a good POD if it pays off. Your backline does look a little light, but it is hard to judge how it balances up without your fwd line. Might need to adjust your ruck rookies as well, however that depends on NAB cup form and rnd1 teams.

Have a look at my teams guys what do you think?
SC.jpg

Ok rough draft version 2:

BACKS: Goddard, Birchall, Yarran, Pedersen, Wilkinson, Goodes (Docherty, Trelich)

MIDS: Ablett, J. Kennedy, Cotchin, Murphy, Moloney, K. Stevens, Wines, Viney (Crouch, O'Meara)

RUCKS: Cox, Leuenberger (Currie, Grundy)

FORWARDS: Franklin, Bartel, J. Riewoldt, de Boer, Broughton, Macaffer (Daniher, T. Menzel)

Cash left: 40k

thoughts?

Ok rough draft version 2:

BACKS: Goddard, Birchall, Yarran, Pedersen, Wilkinson, Goodes (Docherty, Trelich)

MIDS: Ablett, J. Kennedy, Cotchin, Murphy, Moloney, K. Stevens, Wines, Viney (Crouch, O'Meara)

RUCKS: Cox, Leuenberger (Currie, Grundy)

FORWARDS: Franklin, Bartel, J. Riewoldt, de Boer, Broughton, Macaffer (Daniher, T. Menzel)

Cash left: 40k

thoughts?
Perhaps a smidge too many non premiums and midpricers?

Sam Reid never ever going to average above 75 - bad pick IMHO
Bock - out injured, unlikely to play rd 1 and given his injury unlikely to play anything decent until midway thry the year
A Krak - magestical but never going to average high, destined for the highlights reel but not the SC hall of fame
Wilkinson - not sure he's even best 25 let alone best 22
Smedts - first time i've seen him...intersting averaged 45odd last season, cannot see the logic in picking him
Guthrie - doubt his role is suited to SC scoring eg: 245K for a bloke that wont average over 60 = 100K too expensive

On the positive Tex Walker i like

And Finally -Where is Captain GAJ??

But you know what - it will be different, good luck

Alright, My team has changed again, it now looks like this:

DEFENDERS: H.Shaw(COLL), B.Gibbs(CARL), G.Broughton(GC), C.Yarran(CARL), B.Goodes(WBD), S.Docherty(BL), D.Van Unen(ESS), D.Terlich(MELB).
MIDFIELDERS: G.Ablett(GC), P.Dangerfield(ADEL), T.Cotchin(RICH), H.Bennell(GC), J.Caddy(GEE), L.Ball(COLL), T.Varcoe(GEE), J.O'Meara(GC), N.Vlastuin(RICH), B.Crouch(ADEL).
FORWARDS: D.Cox(WCE), T.Walker(ADEL), T.Rockliff(BL), M.LeCras(WCE), A.Krakouer(COLL), B.Macaffer(COLL), J.Stringer(WBD), X.Richards(SYD).

$76,100 left over.

Thoughts? Where do I spend my left over cash?

My first crack , please comment:)
66825223.jpg

Not bad but i would swap Martin and Kerridge. you could find a better rookie then Kerridge in the mids, if you still wont the fwd/Mid connection get Mayes?

If you wont to keep a mid pricier in the mids i would go Fyfe or Mundy over Martin. for me Martins a fwd or nothing at best i can only see him averaging 90-100.

on a lighter note Goddard and Shaw is an interesting comb, i doubt many teams will be starting with both of them.

My Team: MK II

DEF: SHAW, GIBBS, HARTLETT, YARRAN, Vlastuin, Osborne (Docherty, Van Unen)

MID: ABLETT, PENDLEBURY, COTCHIN, MURPHY, Wines, Mayers, Crouch, O'Meara (Viney, Colquhoun)

RUCK: GOLDSTEIN, LUENBURGER (Daw, Mcbean)

FWD: NAITANUI, RIOLI, JOHNSON, MARTIN, SIPOSS, VARCOE (Macaffer, Lee)

$180, 900

Alright, My team has changed again, it now looks like this:

DEFENDERS: H.Shaw(COLL), B.Gibbs(CARL), G.Broughton(GC), C.Yarran(CARL), B.Goodes(WBD), S.Docherty(BL), D.Van Unen(ESS), D.Terlich(MELB).
MIDFIELDERS: G.Ablett(GC), P.Dangerfield(ADEL), T.Cotchin(RICH), H.Bennell(GC), J.Caddy(GEE), L.Ball(COLL), T.Varcoe(GEE), J.O'Meara(GC), N.Vlastuin(RICH), B.Crouch(ADEL).
FORWARDS: D.Cox(WCE), T.Walker(ADEL), T.Rockliff(BL), M.LeCras(WCE), A.Krakouer(COLL), B.Macaffer(COLL), J.Stringer(WBD), X.Richards(SYD).

$76,100 left over.

Thoughts? Where do I spend my left over cash?

IMO Caddy, Varcoe and Ball is two too many mid-pricers in the midfield, drop 2 get another rookie and a premium. other than that looks solid

IMO Caddy, Varcoe and Ball is two too many mid-pricers in the midfield, drop 2 get another rookie and a premium. other than that looks solid

Out: Caddy & Varcoe.
In: Kerridge & Judd
?

DEF: B.Goddard, B.Gibbs, P.Duffield. G.Broughton, L.Brown, D. VanUnen (S.Docherty/S.Colquhoan)
MID: G.Ablett, D.Swan, J.Kennedy, T.Cotchin, L.Shuey, J.Toumpas, B.Crouch, J.O'Meara (K.Mitchell/J.Viney)
RUCK: D.Cox, M.Leuenberger (J.Witts/D.Currie)
FWD: L.Franklin, T.Rockliff, S.Johnson, M.LeCras, B.Macaffer, S.Kerridge (S.Rowe/T.Lee)

Hey Buddy..
Its actually pretty good..

Backs: Hartlett is the big risk, but if he stays on the park will avg 100. Yarran could produce under Mick.. its a gamble though, Hanley should be a good point of difference.

Mids: Solid top 4 but A melbourne supporter picking Scully..? IMO, just won't improve.. Better off going with a player returning from injury in that spot.. IE: Ball, Embley or Even Brent Moloney who costs less.

Rucks: Fine!

Fwd: Staker will most likely miss the first couple, need a replacement there.

I like your team overall though..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back