Teams 2013 Rate my SuperCoach Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He scored 142, 89, 118, 89 and 72 in the first 5 weeks of 2012?? Only dropped below 100 once after his 236 game against Kangaroos in round 10. But before that he had 5 sub-100 scores.

Those huge scores were his LAST 5 rounds of 2012, the shitty scores were the first 5... I'd say they'll happen again this season because we have an even harder start to the season this year (playing all 7 other sides from last season's top 8) in the first 7 rounds. Farkn BS... But whatever, if we make the gf again we'd have definitely earned it.

Stick to the original team
I realy like the uniqueness..
Hanley..Cloke...Fyfe and Lucas are crazily underpriced. If you pull it off then you have left all other teams for dead, as we all have very similar teams.!
I don't think Lucas is underpriced, he has no JS, Cloke will remain erratic, and as for Fyfe he will cop a heavy tag occasionally and he will struggle with it (he's lucky he's playing for freo and therefore never has to play on Crowley). He also showed signs that his shoulder isn't completely right... That's a worry, I had him in for the first few weeks but can't have him now. If he plays a full season, he'll get mostly 100's, he's obviously an awesome player, but there's a lot of risk attached to him (tag and shoulder).
Hanley could definitely be a good option since his last 3 years have shown good improvement: 61 > 83 > 92 (yearly avgs).

hey lads, any words of advice? got 200k in the bank too
Untitled_zps669d0bb6.png

No Vlastuin? You'd be one of the only teams without him... You could probably lose Pittard or Stevenson.

Another potential issue is having Wright and Reilly in the side. Thompson and Dangerfield are both still going to dominate the scores in Adelaide games, just how much can anyone else consistently make? Jacobs and Walker would have to be next in line (I think walker could be quite huge this year, he kicked 60+ goals and missed 6 games last season), crows have a pretty easy start to the year. So when it comes to Reilly and Wright, I can only see them being good for some mid 80's. Breust is in the same boat, he has some weeks where he'll slip under opposition radars and kick 5 goals, but that'll only happen a couple of times. He's just not damaging enough.

I'd suggest downgrading Byrnes to a rookie like Neade and pumping up Wright and Breust (you have 200k, you can afford it) to someone like Tex and Rough. There's a fair bit of early risk in having Stringer and Staker as they are both likely to miss the early rounds. Really need to make sure everyone else is guaranteed a spot.

What would you guys suggest between Jordan Lewis + MaCaffer OR Staker vs Lewis Jetta + Shannon Byrnes? I see Byrnes as having slightly better JS but Staker with the highest potential for points/value (however not starting from r1). Can't see MaCaffer returning to his 2010 form of 80ppg any time soon. One of these cheapies is going to have to be F6.

I wouldn't go with Lewis Jetta. I just don't think he's the sort of player to consistently get enough ball to end up with a premium average. I think he averaged 14 disposals a game and a nudge under 2 goals a game and he had a brilliant season. 79 average in 2012, i reckon we'll probably see similar numbers in 2013.

This is my team so far what are your thoughts??? I am pretty happy with it as well. Also have I gone midfield crazy as my defense i very light. Cheers Also sorry about the bad picture

Attachments

• Picture6.png
    Picture6.png
    70.2 KB · Views: 69
i like that team ive gone similar very thin on defense

Def: Goddard, Gibbs, Goodes, Terlich, Heath, Stevenson (Pittard, Docherty)
Mid: Ablett, Pendlebury, Dangerfield, Cotchin, Murphy, K Mitchell, Crouch, O'Meara (Viney, Colquhoun)
Ruck: Cox, Bellchambers (Currie, Daw)
Fwd: Franklin, Walker, Rockliff, Johnson, LeCras, J Kennedy (Lee, Neade)

Any thoughts on what could be improved, i know ive gone thin in Defense but i think theres enough good rookies there to score ok for a while. Thanks.

This is my team so far what are your thoughts??? I am pretty happy with it as well. Also have I gone midfield crazy as my defense i very light. Cheers Also sorry about the bad picture

Better picture for my team

Attachments

• Picture1.jpg
    Picture1.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 56
Better picture for my team
Just curious about how many teams are going to hit the panic button with their R2 Loonburger if he doesnt make rnd1 and looks doubtful for the first few. Do you have a backup plan to find the cash to replace him? Maybe get a MP in your rucks as backup so you can move Cox back for cover if needed.

Gee your backs have doughnut potential early rounds.

I don't share the love for Bennel at his price that you and some do.

Defs: B Goddard, B Gibbs, H Hartlett, C Yarran, B Goodes, L Stevenson (Terlich, Colquhoun)

Mids: G Ablett, T Cotchin, M Murphy, S Mitchell, N Dal Santo, N Vlastuin, K Mitchell J Omeara (Crouch, Viney)

Rucks: J Roughead, M Loonybugger (M Daw, D Currie)

Fwds: L Franklin, T Rockliff, J Bolton, T Cloke, T Varcoe, C Knights (Mcaffer, Rowe)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alright, made some changes (ha 'some', who am I kidding). Penny for your thoughts?:

Def: Goddard, Gibbs, Duffield, Taylor, Vlastuin, Goodes (Stevenson, Terlich)
Mid: Pendlebury, Kennedy, Dangerfield, Hannebury, Moloney, Whitfield, O'Meara, Wines (Crouch, Viney)
Rck: Jacobs, Leuenberger (Gorringe, Rowe)
Fwd: Cox, Bartel, Rockcliff, Broughton, Varcoe, Byrnes (Macaffer, Neade)

Alright, made some changes (ha 'some', who am I kidding). Penny for your thoughts?:

Mid: Pendlebury, Kennedy, Dangerfield, Hannebury, Moloney, Whitfield, O'Meara, Wines (Crouch, Viney)

Not bad.... Not sure about Hannebury though, or Broughton in the fwds. Unless you have him there with a DPP link then hes a bit hit and miss and there are better options up fwd. No Franklin or Ablett? A POD from other teams.

Here's my team... rip it apart!

Def: Shaw, H., Rance, Broughton, Gibbs, Vlastuin, Pittard, Docherty, Goodes
Mid: Ablett, Murphy, Goddard, Rockliff, Viney, Wines, O'Meara, Crouch, Kerridge, Kommer
Ruc: Jacobs, Leuie, Rowe, Currie
FWDS: Franklin, Cox, Goodes, Breust, LeCras, Varcoe, Staker, Macaffer

12 person draft

Def: Birchall, Broughton, Newman
Mid: Ablett, Dal Santo, Hodge, Barlow
Ruck: Leuenberger
For: Rockliff, Thomas, Sylvia
Bench: Atley, Cooney, Redden, Christensen

Thoughts?

No Ablett = no good.

Not bad.... Not sure about Hannebury though, or Broughton in the fwds. Unless you have him there with a DPP link then hes a bit hit and miss and there are better options up fwd. No Franklin or Ablett? A POD from other teams.

Here's my team... rip it apart!

Def: Shaw, H., Rance, Broughton, Gibbs, Vlastuin, Pittard, Docherty, Goodes
Mid: Ablett, Murphy, Goddard, Rockliff, Viney, Wines, O'Meara, Crouch, Kerridge, Kommer
Ruc: Jacobs, Leuie, Rowe, Currie
FWDS: Franklin, Cox, Goodes, Breust, LeCras, Varcoe, Staker, Macaffer

Thanks, I've decided to try a year without Ablett or Franklin. sort of like a self-imposed handicap you could call it. Hanners is my potential premium call for the year, reckon he can take it to the next level. Broughton is there for the simple fact that I don't rate any of the mid priced forwards, Byrnes is just there as a downgrade option for when Staker is fit.

I reckon Kerridge is a sub candidate when playing, you're probably better off finding another cheap mid rookie if you're just looking for a cash cow. Kommer has looked lively this preseason, only question is his JS, but I suppose that can be said for anyone at that price. Certainly unique as most are picking up K Mitchell. Goddard in the midfield as a dpp option?

Goodes hasnt had the best off season and probably wont be at his best to start the season off. His price reflects that so that's hit and miss for mine.

All in all, I decent mix of premiums, mid pricers, dpp's and rookies :thumbsu:

it's quite interesting how no-one is taking the bye into account in round 13 with people having Ablett Swan Pendels and Danger ALL ! in the same midfield

The extra 6 trades and the extra emergency will hopefully alleviate some of the carnage suffered last year. Also people are more experienced with what to expect. In the end my team had injuries or players dropped which just made the whole situation even worse - I don't even want to think about the bye rounds until round 10.

My updated team. Get stuck into it lads!!!!!!
My 2 cents: Not convinced on B Jacobs in the back line for $300K. You have too many mid priced players in the mids. IMO there are some decent mid rookies this year that will provide better value than Magner (don't se him improving much) and Moloney. Not sure on Broughton in the fwds. If you had him in the backline then there is DPP link with Staker?

Just some rambling thoughts ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back