Teams 2013 Rate my SuperCoach Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my team as it stands at the moment.

Not sure if I should make any last minute changes to it.

Would have liked two midpricers in my team like Suban and J.Kennedy (Eagles) but that would mean I would have had to downgrade Maric to Leuenburger.

All constructive thoughts/criticisms on my team much appreciated!

B- Goddard, Gibbs, Vlastuin, Goodes, Pittard, Stevenson (Terlich, Colquhoun)

M - Ablett, Swan, Kennedy, Dangerfield, Cotchin, Wines, O'Meara, Viney (Mitchell, M.Jones)

R - Maric, Cox (Blicavs, Currie)

F - Franklin, Bartel, Rockliff, Martin, Karnezis, Macaffer (Spangher, Neade)

Hey lads,
not looking to set the world on fire, just want to finish top 8 in my league (probably need consistant 2000s im guessing), not sure if I should have so many port players, although i like the look of most of them. Any other advice you are willing to give? I have $96 000 in the bank too if that helps with anything
Untitled_zps74b38a69.png

Pleaser rate my team and i will try and return the same back.
Question marks over the followng players and who should i replace with $4,400 left.

Def:Docherty and Colquhoun
Mids: Currie, Blivcavs. Rowe will swap with Cox in round 2

Fwds: Spangher, Neade and Martin.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    129.1 KB · Views: 35

My current team (spare cash = $229,700):

Defs: Goddard, Hartlett, Hanley, H.Taylor, Goodes, Terlich (Pittard, J.Frost)

Mids: Pendlebury, J.P.Kennedy, Griffen, Steven, Lucas, O'Meara, Kommer, Viney (K.Mitchell, Crouch)

Rucks: Cox, Leuenberger (Gorringe, Currie)

Fwds: Rockliff, Lewis, Hawkins, Walters, Jenkins, J.J.Kennedy (Harper, Macaffer)

Some random thoughts:

(1) I try to represent all clubs* in my team, but Richmond missed out. Maybe should've gotten Maric, as Cox is getting older and will probably lose value over the season.

(2) Went Hanley over Hibberd (90 points on Friday) last minute. Will it pay off?

(3) Ryan Griffen is my main POD player. Unashamed team favouritism there!

(4) Jarryd Roughead or Jordan Lewis? Forwards are a nightmare this year :(

(5) Not sure whether to keep Hawkins after an indifferent pre-season :oops:

(6) Swapped Bradley Hill for Nick Kommer. Hill may get back in though...

* GWS = franchise :p

Do you really need a player as expensive as Harper on the bench?

Do you really need a player as expensive as Harper on the bench?
Good point, but my aim is to have as many of my squad as possible play early in the season. It appears Tom Lee is not in the selection frame at St. Kilda this early in the season. Harper is one who should increase in value, he can then be downgraded to upgrade someone else (or kept if he is scoring well enough).

Hey lads,
not looking to set the world on fire, just want to finish top 8 in my league (probably need consistant 2000s im guessing), not sure if I should have so many port players, although i like the look of most of them. Any other advice you are willing to give? I have $96 000 in the bank too if that helps with anything
Untitled_zps74b38a69.png

Gee that's a really nice balanced team. Am surprised you still have $96K left over. I suppose that's the benefit of not picking GAJ, having Macaffer as F6, and Lueny as your R2!!

If I was spending that extra money, I'd think about a better option than K.Mitchell, maybe taking a safer option than Watts (eg. Bartel, Rockliff), or jumping on Pendles ahead of Swallow.

Here's my squad, feedback would be awesome.

B1: Bryce Gibbs (MID)
B2: Harry Taylor
B3: Dyson Heppell (MID)
B4: Jarrod Harbrow
B5: Shaun Atley
B6: Jasper Pittard

B7: Nick Vlastuin (MID)
B8: Campbell Heath

M1: Josh Kennedy
M2: Trent Cotchin
M3: Travis Boak
M4: Ben Cunnington
M5: Josh Caddy
M6: Kane Lucas
M7: Oliver Wines
M8: Nick Kommer

M9: Jaeger O'Meara
M10: Bret Goodes (DEF)

R1: Tom Bellchambers
R2: Matthew Lobbe

R3: Dan Gorringe
R4: Dan Currie

F1: Lance Franklin
F2: Paul Chapman (MID)
F3: Dayne Zorko (MID)
F4: Josh Jenkins (RUC)
F5: Arryn Siposs
F6: Josh Kennedy

F7: Brent Macaffer
F8: Ayden Kennedy (will change, just put him there as a filler)

Thoughts? Have $138,600 left in the kitty. Not sure whether to go Cunnington or Ziebell for M4? Not being biased but they are the best selections around that $415,000 mark, or should I splash out and get someone like Mitchell, Swallow or Dal Santo?

Lobbe and Bellchambers as my leading rucks is a bit of a point of difference, but hopefully it pays dividends. Did a last minute swap from Goddard to Heppell before last week's game, $100,000 cheaper and should give the same output. Tossing up over Heath, Stevenson or Colquhoun for B8.

Here's my squad, feedback would be awesome.

B1: Bryce Gibbs (MID)
B2: Harry Taylor
B3: Dyson Heppell (MID)
B4: Jarrod Harbrow
B5: Shaun Atley
B6: Jasper Pittard

B7: Nick Vlastuin (MID)
B8: Campbell Heath

M1: Josh Kennedy
M2: Trent Cotchin
M3: Travis Boak
M4: Ben Cunnington
M5: Josh Caddy
M6: Kane Lucas
M7: Oliver Wines
M8: Nick Kommer

M9: Jaeger O'Meara
M10: Bret Goodes (DEF)

R1: Tom Bellchambers
R2: Matthew Lobbe

R3: Dan Gorringe
R4: Dan Currie

F1: Lance Franklin
F2: Paul Chapman (MID)
F3: Dayne Zorko (MID)
F4: Josh Jenkins (RUC)
F5: Arryn Siposs
F6: Josh Kennedy

F7: Brent Macaffer
F8: Ayden Kennedy (will change, just put him there as a filler)

Thoughts? Have $138,600 left in the kitty. Not sure whether to go Cunnington or Ziebell for M4? Not being biased but they are the best selections around that $415,000 mark, or should I splash out and get someone like Mitchell, Swallow or Dal Santo?

Lobbe and Bellchambers as my leading rucks is a bit of a point of difference, but hopefully it pays dividends. Did a last minute swap from Goddard to Heppell before last week's game, $100,000 cheaper and should give the same output. Tossing up over Heath, Stevenson or Colquhoun for B8.
You seem to have a lot of $$ sitting on the bench - although good backup it may be best to upgrade playes on the field with your leftover $$

Recon this will be my final team, pending team sheets, and whether I lose the plot and pick Tuck over Lids.

DEF: Goddard, Gibbs, Goodes, Pittard, Stevenson, Brown (Terlich, Heath)
MIDS: Ablett, Swan, Pendlebery, Deledio, Dal Santo, Wines, O'meara, Viney (Kommer, Crouch)
RUC: Giles, Griffin (Currie, Naismith)
FWD: Cox, Bartel, Rockliff, Johnson, Robinson, Karnezis (Macaffer, Neade)

Recon this will be my final team, pending team sheets, and whether I lose the plot and pick Tuck over Lids.

DEF: Goddard, Gibbs, Goodes, Pittard, Stevenson, Brown (Terlich, Heath)
MIDS: Ablett, Swan, Pendlebery, Deledio, Dal Santo, Wines, O'meara, Viney (Kommer, Crouch)
RUC: Giles, Griffin (Currie, Naismith)
FWD: Cox, Bartel, Rockliff, Johnson, Robinson, Karnezis (Macaffer, Neade)

Robinson would be my main concern, his game style seems better suited to DT, other than that love the Dal & Lids picks, Griffin could b a master stroke -
damm strong team IMO

Robinson would be my main concern, his game style seems better suited to DT, other than that love the Dal & Lids picks, Griffin could b a master stroke -
damm strong team IMO

Thanks

I'm definitely a bit concerned about robinson, i've been trying to think of ways to get rid of him the last week as i don't see him playing as much in the mids as I'd hoped, but I don't really want to sacrifice any of my other picks to do it.

Pretty bummed about Brown being on the field straight up but with so many rookies down back I wanted one to be a guaranteed starter during the split round, backfired a bit but at least he wont miss games.

Thanks

I'm definitely a bit concerned about robinson, i've been trying to think of ways to get rid of him the last week as i don't see him playing as much in the mids as I'd hoped, but I don't really want to sacrifice any of my other picks to do it.

Pretty bummed about Brown being on the field straight up but with so many rookies down back I wanted one to be a guaranteed starter during the split round, backfired a bit but at least he wont miss games.

depending on cash Jude Bolton or Luke Breust??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

depending on cash Jude Bolton or Luke Breust??

Only have a couple of grand left over, so it's basically anyone below Robinson. I recon Bruest is in a similar boat to Robinson, Im not sold that he'll be pushing into the midfield enough to make picking him worthwhile, can only really see him averaging 95 max. Same goes for most of the picks around that price, like Adams , De Boer , Dalhaus and Blair.

Martin is the only other option that really stands out, and I don't think I can do that to myself again

Only have a couple of grand left over, so it's basically anyone below Robinson. I recon Bruest is in a similar boat to Robinson, Im not sold that he'll be pushing into the midfield enough to make picking him worthwhile, can only really see him averaging 95 max. Same goes for most of the picks around that price, like Adams , De Boer , Dalhaus and Blair.

Martin is the only other option that really stands out, and I don't think I can do that to myself again

dont do it - you might as well pick higgins:thumbsdown: .... drop wines to mitchell if you need cash

dont do it - you might as well pick higgins:thumbsdown: .... drop wines to mitchell if you need cash

Haha yea thats what I was thinking, Higgins was tearing up the track though! I'll have to see the teams but that could definitely be an option

Johnson is out for weeks, so you will have to rejig.

Only two premos in the backs is a risk. You are placing a lot of faith in those rookies, but I don't mind that strategy to be honest.

Jack Watts could be a smokey for a forward under $475K.

Final team looks like this:
DEF: Goddard, Waters, Gibbs, Birchall, Vlastuin, Goodes (Stevenson, Terlich)
MID: Ablett, Swan, Kennedy, Dangerfield, O'Meara, Kommer, M.Jones, Viney (Mitchell, Colquhuon)
RUC: Cox, Ryder (Currie, Rowe)
FWD: Franklin, Rioli, Rockliff, Varcoe, Karnezis, Stringer (MacCaffer, Lee)

Just looking for opinions as I'm happy with everything but the forwards, mainly Rioli. I had Stevie J but the news today changed those plans.

I like you're side. I've been trying to decide on forwards too, for me it's easily the hardest line to pick. I've got Bartel, Zorko Rockliff, Robinson, Karnezis and Macaffer starting but i'm pretty unsure about Robinson and don't think Macaffers all that safe to be starting every week. If I was you i'd look at Zorko or Bartel instead of Rioli he just always seems to get injured, a very risky pick for mine.

Johnson is out for weeks, so you will have to rejig.

Only two premos in the backs is a risk. You are placing a lot of faith in those rookies, but I don't mind that strategy to be honest.

Jack Watts could be a smokey for a forward under $475K.

Saw that just before, really stuffs me up tbh as Stevie was a lock. for 515 I'm not sure who else I really want, I don't rate many of the fwds this year. Maybe Goodes or NRoo with their early draws.

Jinxed myself :rolleyes:

Hawkins, Lewis both solid options for different reasons.

I had a look at Lewis, but coming into his 9th season I'm not sure he can suddenly jump up to a 105+ average, had his best season ever in a team that made a GF and still couldn't manage it. Hawkins I like but don't have the courage to pick after 1 good season.

ATM i've downgraded Deledio to O'Keefe due to his early draw and awesome numbers from round 6 onwards and upgraded stevieJ to Franklin as I just don't really rate any other fwds.

Means that I had to downgrade Wines to Mitchell or lower so will have to keep a close eye on selection

Here's my team as it stands at the moment.

Not sure if I should make any last minute changes to it.

Would have liked two midpricers in my team like Suban and J.Kennedy (Eagles) but that would mean I would have had to downgrade Maric to Leuenburger.

B- Goddard, Gibbs, Vlastuin, Goodes, Pittard, Stevenson (Terlich, Colquhoun)

M - Ablett, Swan, Kennedy, Dangerfield, Cotchin, Wines, O'Meara, Viney (Mitchell, M.Jones)

R - Maric, Cox (Blicavs, Currie)

F - Franklin, Bartel, Rockliff, Martin, Karnezis, Macaffer (Spangher, Neade)

All constructive thoughts/criticisms on my team much appreciated!

2ofkX

Only a week or two ago I had many questions about my team. Last week I vowed not to change it, but now I've obviously had to due to Boyd's injury, and Lee apparently not playing in round 1.

I changed my defensive structure from 4 premiums/4 rookies to 3/5 (thoughts on this structure?), as it lets me add another premium midfielder (Pendlebury), and it has more upside in terms of cash growth with defensive rookies as opposed to Moloney in my former line-up, and my midfield is scary. I've somehow managed to keep Maric in amomgst all the chopping and changing, which I'm happy about. And I haven't really changed much in my forward line, I am quite happy about it. The fact Lee is apparently not going to be named means I've brought in Spangher, because I've heard talks he is going to take Sucklings role, which is a naturally well-scoring role, as opposed to my other option, Macaffer, is isn't assured of a spot every week, and his role generally doesnt score as high as where Spangher wold play.

Locked and loaded.

Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back