Position 2013 SC Forwards

Which rookies will you be selecting in your forward line?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
260 something. Can find the ball, disposal is a bit average.
Given the lack of forward rookies, he is fast becoming a 'must have'

I think I'll stick with Shannon Byrnes. Proven scorer when he has played and should see plenty of game time in a young Demons lineup.

I've gone back to Zorko :)

Cox, Pavlich, Ryder, Zorko, Martin, Varcoe (Macaffer, Kerridge)

Need a mid rookie with fwd mpp :(

I've been thinking about this situation alot and have come up with a solution. Hear me out.....

Everyone is saying that it's going to be a struggle to find 2 decent forward bench rookies this year right?

And what happens if one of your starting 6 forwards is injured for a week or 2 and both your 2 bench forward players aren't playing?

Well here's a solution!

Have Varcoe as your 5th or 6th midfielder and say Neade from Port on your forward bench. If say one of your forwards is injured then MPP Varcoe with Neade and Varcoe can then take the role as your 6th forward while say a Viney or Crouch comes off the midfield bench and takes Varcoes spot in the midfield.

I'm seriously thinking of going with this due to the insecurity of the forward bench.

Thoughts???? :eek:

I've been thinking about this situation alot and have come up with a solution. Hear me out.....

Everyone is saying that it's going to be a struggle to find 2 decent forward bench rookies this year right?

And what happens if one of your starting 6 forwards is injured for a week or 2 and both your 2 bench forward players aren't playing?

Well here's a solution!

Have Varcoe as your 5th or 6th midfielder and say Neade from Port on your forward bench. If say one of your forwards is injured then MPP Varcoe with Neade and Varcoe can then take the role as your 6th forward while say a Viney or Crouch comes off the midfield bench and takes Varcoes spot in the midfield.

I'm seriously thinking of going with this due to the insecurity of the forward bench.

The only problem with that is your still losing out on a midfield rookie. Your just replacing Neade in your midfield with Varcoe. It's the old switch-a-roo, but the outcome is the same. Neade is in your team and someone like Kane Mitchell/Crouch/Viney/Omeara is not.

Well here's a solution!

Hopefully by the time injury occurs there will be some forward rookies on the bubble that no one has known about until now OR you have enough money to upgrade the injured player.

Well here's a solution!

my forward bench is awesome ;)

Well here's a solution!

Why not just put Varco as your 6th forward from the start?

Looking through the Rate My Supercoach team thread, why is no one picking Bartel? He's great value as a forward

Looking through the Rate My Supercoach team thread, why is no one picking Bartel? He's great value as a forward

Looks to be a good POD. I'd pick him but I'm worried about Geelongs resting policy for their veterans.

Looks to be a good POD. I'd pick him but I'm worried about Geelongs resting policy for their veterans.
Maybe it's his age that's stopping people from picking him. I remember 4-5 years ago he was a supercoach lock in the midfield. I'm still seriously considering him.

165 points for Jack Watts today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Playing off half back? & who was missing from the dees?

Half back where he will be all year and was second half of last season. About 10 players missing for the dee's - some injuries, some playing for Casey.

Frawley and Tom McDonald in defense missing.

Half back where he will be all year and was second half of last season. About 10 players missing for the dee's - some injuries, some playing for Casey.

Frawley and Tom McDonald in defense missing.

165 is impressive, any rookies play well?

165 is impressive, any rookies play well?

M Jones and Terlich both comfortably over 100, but I haven't seen the vision yet.

I really want both Zorko and Rocliff, but I just can't bring myself to put both of them in the forward line with Karnizes...seems risky. Can you have both?

I really want both Zorko and Rocliff, but I just can't bring myself to put both of them in the forward line with Karnizes...seems risky. Can you have both?

Could be a risk come bye weeks, especially with all 3... but there current form warrants consideration if not selection

I think you can select all 3 depending on who else from that round of byes you have in your team. If you had heaps from the same round then maybe not but if your side is reasonably balanced then i think you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back