Position 2013 SC Rucks

Which rookie ruckman will you be selecting?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an idea for BF. Avatars should be associated with posts.
I like to study the human condition. So seeing someone's Avatar progression could be useful.

OR

That way i can go back & look at Toxic's ****!!! You know what i mean.;)

If Toxic had those puppies, toxic would never get outta bed and go to work!

Daniel Gorringe, how many games this year? What sore of average will he be around? Has he taken over from Smith yet as the number 1 ruckman?

Daniel Gorringe, how many games this year? What sore of average will he be around? Has he taken over from Smith yet as the number 1 ruckman?

10-15 games if he remains uninjured.

No idea on the average. 40-60 I would guess at.

No, he hasn't. He'll play a role similar to what Tippett does. Pinching in the ruck.

No, he hasn't. He'll play a role similar to what Tippett does. Pinching in the ruck.
Is he a chance to play as a KPF, I dont know the team to well but other than Bock is there much more depth there or could he turn into a Petrie/Tippett style, in simpler words is he in the best 22 with Smith

Is he a chance to play as a KPF, I dont know the team to well but other than Bock is there much more depth there or could he turn into a Petrie/Tippett style, in simpler words is he in the best 22 with Smith

Gorringe has missed a lot of footy, so they might put him in the 2s for a few weeks just so he can get some touch back.

The question isn't so much is he in the best 22 with Smith, it's is he in the best 22 with Charlie Dixon? Dixon was playing the second ruck role very well for us last year. Though Dixon is very much able to play in defence as a tall option, leaving Gorringe to play second ruck.

I think he'll play 10-15 games this season. I'm just not sure where or when. Gorringe has been training in all the different groups over the pre-season. Ruck, forwards and even with the defenders.

Gorringe has missed a lot of footy, so they might put him in the 2s for a few weeks just so he can get some touch back.

The question isn't so much is he in the best 22 with Smith, it's is he in the best 22 with Charlie Dixon? Dixon was playing the second ruck role very well for us last year. Though Dixon is very much able to play in defence as a tall option, leaving Gorringe to play second ruck.

I think he'll play 10-15 games this season. I'm just not sure where or when. Gorringe has been training in all the different groups over the pre-season. Ruck, forwards and even with the defenders.
He must be spewin'. He must be the only player in the league under 25 not looking at more time in the midfield this year then :p

WHat are ones thoughts on having a rucks of Goldstien, Daw, Petrie and Gorringe? Surely you would never score a donut?
Might as well throw Currie in there and be on the safe side :D
What are people's thoughts on Jenkins He's the player most expect to replace Tippett and having cox in the Forwards you can transfer cox and jenks when either is not playing

WHat are ones thoughts on having a rucks of Goldstien, Daw, Petrie and Gorringe? Surely you would never score a donut?
Bad idea having 3 players from one team in midfield, let alone the ruck :eek:

It's a good idea in the ruck, because you only need to field two, the back-ups are generally cheap and a team will usually only play one main ruckman at a time so they don't affect each other's scoring.

That being said if I was going down this route I'd probably go the whole hog and use Petrie, Goldstein, Daw and Currie, but only if I expect Petrie and Goldstein to score well enough to act as a premium. It also makes less sense this year with the increase in trades.

It's a good idea in the ruck, because you only need to field two, the back-ups are generally cheap and a team will usually only play one main ruckman at a time so they don't affect each other's scoring.

That being said if I was going down this route I'd probably go the whole hog and use Petrie, Goldstein, Daw and Currie, but only if I expect Petrie and Goldstein to score well enough to act as a premium. It also makes less sense this year with the increase in trades.
Scoring like a premium is the problem as you identified. I don't see Petrie doing that.:oops:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why, pendles,swan and beams is higly likely (some may even start with two of these plus luke ball as the 3rd. Fwds (Buddy, Cyril, Ruffhead is an option with Bruest as a smoky--cats SJ, Chappy and tomahawk is not totally mad. Rucks Cox & Nicnat will still appeal at some stage of the year. I do agree that 4 rucks from one side is not the way to go, however the other options are more than feasible

Why, pendles,swan and beams is higly likely (some may even start with two of these plus luke ball as the 3rd. Fwds (Buddy, Cyril, Ruffhead is an option with Bruest as a smoky--cats SJ, Chappy and tomahawk is not totally mad. Rucks Cox & Nicnat will still appeal at some stage of the year. I do agree that 4 rucks from one side is not the way to go, however the other options are more than feasible
It's more important to mix your team up with those killer byes. 2 guns from a team in one position is ok, 3 is asking for trouble. Most teams will have at least one player who is good value in any given postition. Extra DPP's is a good move too. Looks like the byes are here to stay.

BTW bit risky taking Chappy at his age (31?), Cyril is erratic and NicNat's in for surgery isn't he?

Oh, and only one more sleep! :D:thumbsu:

It's more important to mix your team up with those killer byes. 2 guns from a team in one position is ok, 3 is asking for trouble. Most teams will have at least one player who is good value in any given postition. Extra DPP's is a good move too. Looks like the byes are here to stay.

BTW bit risky taking Chappy at his age (31?), Cyril is erratic and NicNat's in for surgery isn't he?

Oh, and only one more sleep! :D:thumbsu:

Yes one more sleep - thank f**k!
Cyril - suprisingly was quite consistent last year (and really its is all about getting the best averaging players over the season) Nic nat - yes will have a slow start ot the season, but looks a likely upgrade after the WC bye provided he is injury free. And chappy - every year we right him off and every year he is in the top 10 or so fwds.. I wont be taking him but can see why others might... DPP is overrated IMHO, dont sacrifice the quality of players to ensure you have DPP - choose the best players and you wont need DPP

GODDAMMIT!:mad:
Didnt' think of that Wolfy:oops:

no it doesnt at all - from my understanding your best 18 scores (no matter where they are) are the only ones that count during a bye round

no it doesnt at all - from my understanding your best 18 scores (no matter where they are) are the only ones that count during a bye round
images

As toxic mentioned, the byes are handled differently this year. Your best 18 scores count in the bye weeks, regardless of position. The byes basically don't matter any more unless you went way overboard on one specific week.

What is Cats fans opinion on Nathan Vardy? Looked to be a very good playing in the making before injury ruined last year. I'm looking at him as R2 with Roughhead in the forward line as back up with the plan to up grade Vardy to Nic Nat when he is up and firing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back