2013 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

So I am hearing from the mountains that they have signed the nelly boys back up and a player called Tyson gorupic (tall/wodonga bulldogs) who just won o&m senior best and fairest at dogs can someone fill me in on this.... Is it true
We have heard what dogs bomber hawks and mitta are doing good to see tallangatta sign someone, church from howlong to saints.... What are other teams doing or are those first 4 teams I mentioned to far infront of teams

so who's got the cash this season? DMB on a spending spree along with Thurgoona. Just waiting for Mitta to drag a few across from the Hume league. Plenty of movement so far.

Anyone know a fella called Wes Lord (Lordy)? Apparently he is tossing up to play at Mitta or in the O&M for Corowa Rutherglen. Haven't seen him play for a few years but was a gun player up forward or on ball when he is fit.

Well the Saints may have to put in new wide doors in there change rooms. With some of there signings. I've heard they have signed ten players who can play. They may be looking up this year. Stay tuned !!!

bring back vfl park said:
Heard that Greg Norman has left the Demons and is going to North Albury, If he stayed it would be a very handy forward line !!!

BBVP,

Greg playing at Saints now;):thumbsu: new Wide doors to get his head through:p

Glen Page and then daylight to the next best. he did what he wanted on the ground and probably won DMB a couple of flags on his own.

In terms of the next best performed, Id have to say lawrence hodgkin and john tuenon from mitta. probably got over 15 senior flags between them. The great man Robbie 'grumpy' barber from kiewa was one of the best over a long period of time. was a great servant at kiewa. daryl butler was good for tallangatta over the same era but dropped off a bit in his later years. the best thing about these guys is that they wouldnt of been payed to play, and if they did get some money, it would of gone straight back into the club. a stark contrast to players in the TDFL today.
im sure that there is heaps more, just cant think of them at the moment.

Agree with Page and Hodgkin.

You could possibly throw in a Ross Hillary (Yack), Ross Hedley (Yack/Saints), Peter Copley (Holbrook when they were in the comp), Robbie Mackinaly (Holbrook) and Brett Harrison (Saints and Tallangatta)..... Plenty to choose from here!!!!!!!

clearances are open so i guess the rumours can be put to bed. has there been anymore talk of Thurgoona and DMB opening the season on good Friday or was that just a bit of idle talk.

clearances are open so i guess the rumours can be put to bed. has there been anymore talk of Thurgoona and DMB opening the season on good Friday or was that just a bit of idle talk.
Draw is on the TDFL Website. Bright have been told by VAFL not to move I believe, it never even made it to TDFL. A lot of clearance's in for Rutherglen from O&M, any good ones?

Just on the Bombers, hear the cheque book isnt quite closed just yet with former player Troy Price who is currently playing at Howlong weighing up wether to head back up there

has this site gone to sleep ?

Yeah just like the cows in Mitta !!
Barny haven't lost many but quiet on they have signed.
Saints still signing guys and spending a bit aswell.Church from Howlong great pick up !!!
Rutherglen look to be struggling.
Tallangatta well who would know ?
Dederang cashed up and have a new sponser Armaguard !!
Thurgoona pumped and ready !!
Kiewa waiting for cricket to finish to top up there list.
Mitta taking it easy and will cruise to finals again. Nelsons to play enough to qualify .
Chiltern not looking good after the Rednut left. Heard they are struggling but wait and see.
Hey what about Wagunyah are they still in the comp? Or have they swapped with Bright?
Beechworth they are another mystery?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rutherglen, Wahgunyah,Tallangatta lots of movements both in and out ,the big boys Kiewa ,Thurgoona (north east albury) quietly loading up with some guns ,will be an interesting season.

Tip Top cup running this year boys?
Yep sure is, but it's not Tip Top any more - see here for games.
What other pre-season games going round at the moment, I hear Tallangatta may have played Greta over the weekend? anyone got any insight on this one?
The Good Friday Match will be interesting, I have better things to do on my long weekend, how about everyone else?

I will be going for sure what better game to kick of the tdfl year, everyone I talk to is thinking about heading to watch it.... I know the dogs have done a lot of work been down to see them train and with the new additions plus the tea
They had last year there will b no grand final tragidys this year....

What other pre-season games going round at the moment, I hear Tallangatta may have played Greta over the weekend? anyone got any insight on this one?
The Good Friday Match will be interesting, I have better things to do on my long weekend, how about everyone else?

I know the dogs have done a lot of work been down to see them train and with the new additions plus the tea
They had last year there will b no grand final tragidys this year....
Is that not what everyone thought last season? barely kicked a goal after the first quarter in a GF??? Probably should wait until they get to the dance before spruiking it.:eek:
Good Friday should sort out where teams are at and heading :thumbsu:

Hey Sainter, heard Marmo played for Raiders against Jindera last night. Though he was your blokes recruit?:confused: Pretty disappinting only 6 clubs are playing in the preseason comp, far easier turning up for a game with everything organised and for prize money rather than playing against some obscure side from Canberra:thumbsdown:

I see Chiltern denied Burdbridge clearance. I bet he signed a 2 year deal plus saying he couldn't commit and bang next minute he's playing O&M . Good on them !!!!

Maybe the Preseason Cup should target Upper Murray team or squad to play in it. There's enough town based blokes !!!

Time to make some comparisons between Tallangatta League clubs and some AFL teams. I'll get it started feel free to add more as you go!

Mitta = Sydney
For obvious reasons of course. Wasn't favourite last year, and won't be again this year. Geoligically isolated from most of the competition.

DMB = Carlton
Once succesful club which can't quite get going in the last few years. Also for recruiting a coach who seems to care less about how his old club fares and more about his own legacy as a coach.

Thurgoona = Hawthorn
Have the team, but can't take home the prize. Favourite this year again, but will count for little at the pointy end. At least Hawthorn snuck a flag in with their current crop.

Kiewa = Geelong
Recently succesful club with a couple of abysmal finals efforts over the past few years in between flags. Will be around the mark again.

Time to make some comparisons between Tallangatta League clubs and some AFL teams. I'll get it started feel free to add more as you go!

Mitta = Sydney
For obvious reasons of course. Wasn't favourite last year, and won't be again this year. Geoligically isolated from most of the competition.

DMB = Carlton
Once succesful club which can't quite get going in the last few years. Also for recruiting a coach who seems to care less about how his old club fares and more about his own legacy as a coach.

Thurgoona = Hawthorn
Have the team, but can't take home the prize. Favourite this year again, but will count for little at the pointy end. At least Hawthorn snuck a flag in with their current crop.

Kiewa = Geelong
Recently succesful club with a couple of abysmal finals efforts over the past few years in between flags. Will be around the mark again.

GWS, Gold Coast and Melbourne link a comparison with any clubs like these in TDFL?

wodonga saints looking a more improved side this year ,encouraging signs in the hollywoods preseason comp had their chances against KSC .

Remove this Banner Ad

2013 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back