2013 Triple J Hottest 100‏

Remove this Banner Ad

Disclosure - Latch will surely be up there!!

What about some Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs, did they get playtime?

You're about a year behind. Disclosure - Latch was #21 in 2012, Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs - Household Goods was #78 in 2012. The only TEED release for 2013 was Lion, the Lion, which I can't see going anywhere near the hottest 100.

You're about a year behind. Disclosure - Latch was #21 in 2012, Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs - Household Goods was #78 in 2012. The only TEED release for 2013 was Lion, the Lion, which I can't see going anywhere near the hottest 100.
Damn you are right, I even remember voting for them haha

Exercise in self-indulgence but **** it.

1. Kanye West - Yeezus
2. Arcade Fire - Reflektor
3. Queens of the Stone Age - ...Like Clockwork
4. Vampire Weekend - Modern Vampires of the City
5. Arctic Monkeys - AM
6. Deptford Goth - Life after Defo
7. Deerhunter - Monomania
8. Phoenix - Bankrupt!
9. Lorde - Pure Heroine
10. King Krule - 6 Feet Beneath the Moon

Ahh **** it some more.

11. Mikal Cronin - MCII
12. Tim Hecker - Virgins
13. My Bloody Valentine - mbv
14. Atoms for Peace - Amok
15. The Knife - Shaking the Habitual

Yeezus being the only damn album that's made me stand the **** up and stop everything I'm doing. ...Like Clockwork, the most haunting LP. Splitting hairs with VM and AM. Gave the edge to Modern Vampires purely because it was the bigger jump from their previous efforts, and Hannah Hunt makes me cry. Would not have had Bankrupt! on any list if I made it after the first time I listened to it. Was not a fan, went back to it about a month ago and has been on repeat ever since. Bourgeois gets me. Lorde & King Krule. Same deal as Arctic/Vampire without the previous effort part. Wasn't expecting what I got, and what I got was pretty damn incredible. Laneway will be bliss.

The National, Daft Punk, Chvrches, Haim, Rhye, Los Campesinos!, Neko Case, Danny Brown, James Blake, Daft Punk with honourables. And probably a shit load else, and more that I'm yet to listen. Damn good year.

I'm very keen for my boy Allday to get another spot this year? He'll be in my list, not aure which song yet

His entire Soon I'll Be In Cali 2 mixtape was awesome. Saw him play live at Cant Say a few weeks ago. Was hot, sweaty and flipping great.

Favourite three songs from him this year would be Share Out Your Love, Powder, and Sick Sad World

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whoever said Toro Y Moi is like flume is a bit off base. I went and downloaded the album and it's good, I do like it a lot, but it's nothing like flume. Way softer, more ambient and way more lyrics

I still think Flume is just chillwave for Australians too narrow to even pick-up on something as big and wanky as chillwave was. I mean, like, you look at those components: Washed Out says he makes "naive dance music" and Flume's 'dancyness' is barely a step up. It's all about floaty synths, soft pads... they have heaps of similarities.

I still think Flume is just chillwave for Australians too narrow to even pick-up on something as big and wanky as chillwave was. I mean, like, you look at those components: Washed Out says he makes "naive dance music" and Flume's 'dancyness' is barely a step up. It's all about floaty synths, soft pads... they have heaps of similarities.
I listen to heaps of ambient, chill wave music, its my favourite genre at the moment, and the differences between Flume and Toro Y Moi (at least his most recent album) are very large

If you are interested in chilled out music try

Majestic Casual or One Chilled Panda on youtube, both pretty awesome channels

Chillwave isn't that great of a genre. Toro Y Moi and Washed Out's second albums are a lot better then their first because they touch on funk and dream pop and use more live instrumentation then the hazy synthesizers of the debuts.

Flume is basically a radio friendly version of that whole beat scene of LA that has been around since about '07. Flying Lotus, Nosaj Thing, etc. and then guys from around the globe who jumped on like Hudson Mohawke. Take away most of the experimentation, add some hooks and you have Flume...

Chillwave isn't that great of a genre. Toro Y Moi and Washed Out's second albums are a lot better then their first because they touch on funk and dream pop and use more live instrumentation then the hazy synthesizers of the debuts.

What about Toro's third? Even better imo. "Cake" is such a weird turn, almost Justin Bieber-like, but it's fun. "So Many Details" and "High Living" are the standout tracks

This is still the best thing Toro's ever done, anyway. Aside from Talamak and New Beat, that is. Pizzaface Flume would love to write this – he'd close every set with it.

What is this? A random collection of albums by bands/artists you like? Haha

Probably the nerdiest, nichest music joke ever.

People have an obsession on music forums to rank Radiohead and Weezer albums. And now it's a joke to always chuck in Radiohead and Weezer albums when you rank any other bands work.

Probably the nerdiest, nichest music joke ever.

People have an obsession on music forums to rank Radiohead and Weezer albums. And now it's a joke to always chuck in Radiohead and Weezer albums when you rank any other bands work.

Weezer's first 2 albums are their only good ones though? Where's the fun in that?

Remove this Banner Ad

2013 Triple J Hottest 100‏

Remove this Banner Ad

Back