Preview 2014 AFL Grand Final - Sydney vs Hawthorn, MCG, 2.30pm, Saturday Sept 27th

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we think Rioli and/or Sewell will get a game next Saturday? If so, who misses out?
Lewis a bit banged up but will play . Simpkin for rioli if anything seems obvious. Rioli as a sub could be devastating.

Massive game tomorrow for some players to show what they have got. I think Rioli will be taking it easy with that hammy. Knowing that he still has to do enough to take someones elses spot. It will be a tough balancing act
I would think he would have to go as hard as possible and hope he pulls up ok. Anything less and he is not doing right by either side

I would think he would have to go as hard as possible and hope he pulls up ok. Anything less and he is not doing right by either side
Yeah true. Chance of doing the hammy in the first quarter of VFL, that would be tough on both sides.

Go back and have a look at all the AFL concessions Hawthorn got while they were on the bottom of the ladder.

Sydney didn't fail all the way to the bottom of the ladder like Hawthorn did either.

The Saints should have snagged a flag with theirs.

Same concessions as Richmond, Dogs, Melbourne, Carlton, St Kilda got.

TBH I'm more annoyed with the "ambassadorial" payments that AFL make outside of salary cap to players - no transparency (and that goes for whoever gets one;I think Rioli has one)

Lewis a bit banged up but will play . Simpkin for rioli if anything seems obvious. Rioli as a sub could be devastating.

I don't think Rioli has what it takes to be an effective sub. As noted he does tend to go missing for patches and I don't think he would be able to find the ball coming "cold" into the game. Also the risk increases if we have an early injury, sub in Cyril and then his hamstring goes. I'd start him on field IF he plays.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think Rioli has what it takes to be an effective sub. As noted he does tend to go missing for patches and I don't think he would be able to find the ball coming "cold" into the game. Also the risk increases if we have an early injury, sub in Cyril and then his hamstring goes. I'd start him on field IF he plays.
They have ways to keep players warm during a game, eg cycles etc. I'm not try to hobble you but Cyril's presence and ability to do the miraculous shouldn't be ignored. Good luck!

I think Sydney will go in as favourites after having an easier prelim, finishing 1st on the ladder, bookmakers/betting agencies giving them incredible odds, media will be joining in the love fest ala Fremantle last year. So the pressure will be on Sydney to back up all of the support they have behind them.

I doubt Hawthorn will go back to back even though they have some positive things on their side (eg: whenever they have had a prelim on the 20th - they have won it and the grand final the following weekend) it's going to be a tough ask. Yes Sydney play badly on the MCG and we beat them convincingly a few weeks ago, but the grand final is another kettle of fish.
Um sorry but how did you beat us convincingly? We were in front for most of the game and you only ended up winning by 10 points.

Yep...absolutely nothing to fear. Not expected to get close...so i am primed to actually enjoy my first GF since 2008

Yeah it's great. We can just sit back, and enjoy the Grand Final with no expectations whatsoever. I think the Swannies have already got this one in the bag though. That list, and the famous Bloods culture.. Wow!!!

Um sorry but how did you beat us convincingly? We were in front for most of the game and you only ended up winning by 10 points.

And you also were missing Kennedy if I recall correctly. I think your odds of $1.70 are very good value. Won't bet this time as the money I won in 2012 didn't really help.

I think whichever group of fans gets on top in this thread could have a massive bearing on the result

Don't underestimate the importance of winning the battle for the right to claim underdog status.

First to repeat "it's theirs to lose" 1000 times tends to go ok as well.

Don't underestimate the importance of winning the battle for the right to claim underdog status.

First to repeat "it's theirs to lose" 1000 times tends to go ok as well.

Bugger that, hawks can be underdogs

They will bradbury it at best :p

It would have been a 22 point win if not for a junk time effort from Sydney.

Yeah and if Franklin kicks straight after his nine shots at goal he had playing on Gibbo:rolleyes: who is supposed to be his kryptonite:rolleyes: Swans win by around 5 goals. Junk time ? Is that the same period of time Gunston waited until to get a kick today ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back