2014 AFL U18 Championships

Remove this Banner Ad

Some footage from the weekend in this

0:17 - Sam Durdin mark & goal
0.27 - Callum Wilkie handball to Peter Spurling who kicks to Josh Miller
0.33 - Sam Durdin kick to Billy Stretch handball to Keenan Ramsay...Declan Hamilton crumb and goal
0.52 - Aaron Francis mark and goal
0.59 - Josh Hone contested grab (may I add it was over Burton and Marchbank who are both 20cm taller than Hone)
1.03 - Declan Hamilton crumb and feed to Ryan Burton who goals
1.11 - Durdin to Stretch who kicks to Francis..mark and goal
1.23 - Ramsay (I think) kick to Hamilton to Press who marks, I think?
1.31 - Stretch kick to Burton who marks
1.39 - Jack Hayes tackle on Tom Lamb who punches Alex Neal-Bullen
1.49 - Cory Gregson crumb, run, handball to Hamilton who 1-2s back to Gregson who goals
2.06 - Johansen pass to Burton who kicks to Francis who squares to Press (i think?) who goals

Lamb punch is featured in that...1.39

Some footage from the weekend in this

0:17 - Sam Durdin mark & goal
0.27 - Callum Wilkie handball to Peter Spurling who kicks to Josh Miller
0.33 - Sam Durdin kick to Billy Stretch handball to Keenan Ramsay...Declan Hamilton crumb and goal
0.52 - Aaron Francis mark and goal
0.59 - Josh Hone contested grab (may I add it was over Burton and Marchbank who are both 20cm taller than Hone)
1.03 - Declan Hamilton crumb and feed to Ryan Burton who goals
1.11 - Durdin to Stretch who kicks to Francis..mark and goal
1.23 - Ramsay (I think) kick to Hamilton to Press who marks, I think?
1.31 - Stretch kick to Burton who marks
1.39 - Jack Hayes tackle on Tom Lamb who punches Alex Neal-Bullen
1.49 - Cory Gregson crumb, run, handball to Hamilton who 1-2s back to Gregson who goals
2.06 - Johansen pass to Burton who kicks to Francis who squares to Press (i think?) who goals

Lamb punch is featured in that...1.39

Fantastic the have Highlights-

Did they have a Live Stream?

No. They haven't had one all tournament but rest assured if there is one it'll be posted in here for all to enjoy!

Okay Thanks - Just remember them having a few when they where played at Alberton

Curious to know peoples thoughts on Marchbank?

Was hoping he might end up 3rd round to rookie, is he playing himself up the list into 2nd to 3rd round range atm?

Was hoping he might end up 3rd round to rookie, is he playing himself up the list into 2nd to 3rd round range atm?

Right now I'd have him late first-mid second but depending on needs a team could even pull the trigger earlier. That said he's in a volatile position atm as the sample of his 'goodness' isn't huge - if he shunts it from hereon he'll slide quickly but if he consistently gets in the bests in the champs/tac he could move up even more/solidify himself as a mid-late first selection.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Right now I'd have him late first-mid second but depending on needs a team could even pull the trigger earlier. That said he's in a volatile position atm as the sample of his 'goodness' isn't huge - if he shunts it from hereon he'll slide quickly but if he consistently gets in the bests in the champs/tac he could move up even more/solidify himself as a mid-late first selection.

Wow didnt expect people to have him in 1st round range yet. One to watch for sure.

I seen that Alec Waterman had 38 disposals at an efficiency of 83% was he in first round calcs before this performance?? I am assuming he is likely to go to West Coast father and son, but is he worth there first round pick??

Hard to get a gauge on Marchbank as I have only seen him play once, but I think he'd be around that mark.
Like he way he reads the play and his ability to get his direct opponent under the ball.

SA have named their team for Round 3...

F: Johansen, Wilkie, Burton
HF: Brown, Hayes, Hamilton
C: Gray, Gore, Gaffney
HB: Stretch, Durdin, Wigg
B: McLean, Ramsey, Vick

R: Spurling, Heaslip, Hone
INT: Elsworthy, Watchman, Press, Sullivan, Neal-Bullen

IN: Gray, Brown, Heaslip, Watchman, Sullivan, Elsworthy
OUT: Gregson (foot), Rose, Miller, Partington, Francis

Still rotating heavily, and it's no surprise to see two of the underaged kids make way. They'll have plenty more chances. Jesse Watchman is finally getting his chance, after putting together two very good games in a row. While 19 year old Tom Gray is also getting a shot. It's hard to imagine anything but an SA win from this game.

SA have named their team for Round 3...

F: Johansen, Wilkie, Burton
HF: Brown, Hayes, Hamilton
C: Gray, Gore, Gaffney
HB: Stretch, Durdin, Wigg
B: McLean, Ramsey, Vick

R: Spurling, Heaslip, Hone
INT: Elsworthy, Watchman, Press, Sullivan, Neal-Bullen

IN: Gray, Brown, Heaslip, Watchman, Sullivan, Elsworthy
OUT: Gregson (foot), Rose, Miller, Partington, Francis

Still rotating heavily, and it's no surprise to see two of the underaged kids make way. They'll have plenty more chances. Jesse Watchman is finally getting his chance, after putting together two very good games in a row. While 19 year old Tom Gray is also getting a shot. It's hard to imagine anything but an SA win from this game.

Yeah good to see Watchman in after his recent performances. Heaslip too... 27 touches and 4 goals is an impressive effort at any level.

Not too sure it's our best available side... do think Rose, Partington and Francis feature in that but it's a good one. One 'ruck' option less too. Interesting to see Hayes named forward and Durdin back. Will be good to see if that eventuates and if so how they go there.

Yeah good to see Watchman in after his recent performances. Heaslip too... 27 touches and 4 goals is an impressive effort at any level.

Not too sure it's our best available side... do think Rose, Partington and Francis feature in that but it's a good one. One 'ruck' option less too. Interesting to see Hayes named forward and Durdin back. Will be good to see if that eventuates and if so how they go there.

With the new rules, we'll probably never see the true 'best 22'. I think this week, they're more taking advantage of playing the weakest side by getting some of the fringe players game time. But having said that, the likes of Gray and Elsworthy will be able to slot straight in and there will be no real loss. And I would argue we're better with both Watchman and Heaslip in the side too.

As for the rucks, young Tim Sullivan is the direct swap for Josh Miller. A combination of Spurling, Durdin and Sullivan/Watchman is still one of the better groups.

With the new rules, we'll probably never see the true 'best 22'. I think this week, they're more taking advantage of playing the weakest side by getting some of the fringe players game time. But having said that, the likes of Gray and Elsworthy will be able to slot straight in and there will be no real loss. And I would argue we're better with both Watchman and Heaslip in the side too.

As for the rucks, young Tim Sullivan is the direct swap for Josh Miller. A combination of Spurling, Durdin and Sullivan/Watchman is still one of the better groups.

Speaking of rucks actually, what do you think of Miller? I know he's a bit older and hasn't really done much but there's something I like about him despite the fact that, well, he's not exceptional by any means.

Remove this Banner Ad

2014 AFL U18 Championships

Remove this Banner Ad

Back