Mega Thread 2014 Drafts complete

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not the garbled answer that concerns me, it's that a) his brother's best mate is SAM BLEASE, and b) that he believes Sam will be successful at a successful club and failed at Melbourne because it's Melbourne.

No you're right, he should have a crack at his brothers mate and call him out as a lazy no hoper.

No you're right, he should have a crack at his brothers mate and call him out as a lazy no hoper.
Or he could just have said he's been getting advice from Blease as he's an AFL player and they're pretty helpful people to consult when you're embarking on an AFL career.

No need to get into comments about how his "hard working" brother's mate had his career ruined by Melbourne, only for Geelong to swoop in and save the day.

Or he could just have said he's been getting advice from Blease as he's an AFL player and they're pretty helpful people to consult when you're embarking on an AFL career.

No need to get into comments about how his "hard working" brother's mate had his career ruined by Melbourne, only for Geelong to swoop in and save the day.

No doubt he stumbled down the wrong path in that press release, but it was for good intentions - standing up for a mate.

Hope McCartin is ready for a career of Watts like scrutiny. Probably even worse given that Saints fans will resent him from day 1 and Watts was at the time genuinely perceived by most to be the 'best available' talent. Feel bad for the kid.

Hope McCartin is ready for a career of Watts like scrutiny. Probably even worse given that Saints fans will resent him from day 1 and Watts was at the time genuinely perceived by most to be the 'best available' talent. Feel bad for the kid.
Not to mention McCartin will have "the next Riewoldt" forever placed on his shoulders unlike Watts who was "the next no one in particular".

That's the beauty of playing for the Dees and should be a selling point to all prospective draftees.

Also, Brayshaw and Petracca are likely to play some senior footy early in their careers, which will amplify the scrutiny on McCartin every time they do something good.

Also, Brayshaw and Petracca are likely to play some senior footy early in their careers, which will amplify the scrutiny on McCartin every time they do something good.
And hopefully unlike Natanui, they'll actually be worthy of number 1 pick hype.

The Hun have taken down all the nonsense about us taking Wright ahead of Petracca, thank God. Kind of hoping we take Petracca at 2 rather than 3, just so that my mind is put at ease a minute earlier.

Not to mention McCartin will have "the next Riewoldt" forever placed on his shoulders unlike Watts who was "the next no one in particular".

That's the beauty of playing for the Dees and should be a selling point to all prospective draftees.
Neitz? He retired the year before, though wasn't quite as high profile as Saint Nick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Hun have taken down all the nonsense about us taking Wright ahead of Petracca, thank God. Kind of hoping we take Petracca at 2 rather than 3, just so that my mind is put at ease a minute earlier.

Wow you should have that POTY badge taken away already after this name change.

Captain Jack RandB ThePuppetMaster

Brett Anderson tweeted that the rumour is absolute rubbish, so he's probably been told fairly conclusively that the forecasted top 3 picks will be the top 3 picks. The only thing that seems to be up in the air is whether Brayshaw goes at 2 or 3.

Feeling anxious... Why do I get the feeling Todd Viney will inadvertantly read out Jace Bode at pick 2 before panicking and then passing out like that guy on Q&A.

Will you fans be disappointed if McCartin doesn't fall to you guys?
To be honest I preferred the idea of getting one of the best midfielders and the best key forward. The reasoning by the Saints in taking McCartin makes sense, especially after the Boyd and Buddy contracts. Tex being off the market and Hawkins unlikely to leave Geelong both colour the situation.

After the Scully/Trengove disaster I hope Dees fans remember that just because we get the two most attractive midfielders of the draft as it currently stands does not mean they will necessarily become the two best mids of this draft in years to come. History shows a very different story.

To be honest I preferred the idea of getting one of the best midfielders and the best key forward. The reasoning by the Saints in taking McCartin makes sense, especially after the Boyd and Buddy contracts. Tex being off the market and Hawkins unlikely to leave Geelong both colour the situation.

After the Scully/Trengove disaster I hope Dees fans remember that just because we get the two most attractive midfielders of the draft as it currently stands does not mean they will necessarily become the two best mids of this draft in years to come. History shows a very different story.

Agree totally!!!

But as a fan outside of the melbourne base, I believe that you could now have a better direction to head in, even though I think ur very lucky for pick 3 with Frawley. YOU MUST TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS AND MAKE GOOD USE OF IT

All the Aints fans whispering about Petracca's hips and stating the obvious about him being a campaigner.

If his hips are that big a deal surely it would have been mentioned somewhere by now. We knew about Toump's hips by now after all.

All the Aints fans whispering about Petracca's hips and stating the obvious about him being a campaigner.

If his hips are that big a deal surely it would have been mentioned somewhere by now. We knew about Toump's hips by now after all.

Chris Judd had shot shoulders and selwood also had pre draft doubts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back