2014 Emirates Melbourne Cup Day discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

pathetic if it got any closer to London Lolly's heels over the last 200 it would have been up its arse, absolute crap.
glad I didnt have any money on it, just the top selection in my tips
Yea, that's not the worst of it though.

Barrier 4, go to the rail and sit 5 back the fence behind $10+ traffic.

Inghams should tell Waller he won't be riding for us again

24 combinations $24 for 100%

Really like Fawkner. Reports are he is going really well. Didn't quite get there in the Cox plate but I think it will top him off for this.

Best Roughie is Ambivalent. G1 filly from Europe and I think she has a bit of speed about her.

Tough race this year. Will probably just go with my gut and go Mutual Regard. Will go the distance but hasn't been racing in the highest grades so that is a concern. Is the value of the top six in betting.
Damn man Mutual Regard getting crunched. Gone from good value to slight value IMO.

With the trifectas, i've just seen people putting heaps of horses on theirs.

Jugada's for example:
Finished my bets
Win Bets: Admire Rakti, Fawkner, Willing Foe and Mutual Regard
Trifecta: 1,3,11,13 - 1,3,8,11,13,21,22 - 1,3,8,9,11,13,14,15,16,20,21,22

I thought you could only pick 3? Dammit I should have done that too, or is it like $3 per horse on there?

Finished my bets

Why have you warmed up to Mutual Regard? You had him down the list in a previous post IIRC.

With the trifectas, i've just seen people putting heaps of horses on theirs.

Jugada's for example:
Finished my bets

I thought you could only pick 3? Dammit I should have done that too, or is it like $3 per horse on there?
it works on how many winning combinations you can have

this is a good calculator:

http://www.tabinfo.com.au/betcalculator/

so you can do a trifecta where you back 2 horses to win, those 2 plus another 2 horses to come second, those 4 plus another 4 horses to come third.

so you have 2/4/8 horses in each position.

There is a total of 36 winning combinations so if you put on $1 you will get 1/36th back.

There is really no limit to the different combinations.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

it works on how many winning combinations you can have

this is a good calculator:

http://www.tabinfo.com.au/betcalculator/

so you can do a trifecta where you back 2 horses to win, those 2 plus another 2 horses to come second, those 4 plus another 4 horses to come third.

so you have 2/4/8 horses in each position.

There is a total of 36 winning combinations so if you put on $1 you will get 1/36th back.

There is really no limit to the different combinations.
OH. Okay that makes sense. Thanks heaps!

Considering getting a sportsbet account for a bit of fun on the weekends once i've relocated.

24 combinations $24 for 100%

Really like Fawkner. Reports are he is going really well. Didn't quite get there in the Cox plate but I think it will top him off for this.

Best Roughie is Ambivalent. G1 filly from Europe and I think she has a bit of speed about her.

Have thrown My Ambivalent in a few trifectas and in an e/w bet, I quite like it.

My rankings:
~7/1: Admire Ratki (1) 6, Fawkner (3) 8
~9/1: Lucia Valentina (22) 7.5, Mutual Regard (11) 9.5
~12/1: Araldo (21) 21
~12-20/1: Protectionist (5) 8, Signoff (24) 9, Willing Foe (13) 31, Junoob (8) 26
~20-25/1: Lidari (19) 61, Opinion (20) 61, Gatewood (10) 61
The rest.

The more top heavy your trifecta is the more it's gonna cost.

4 horses to win is too much for my liking. In my experience you rarely get rough horses winning and they're more likely in the placings.

Sure once in a blue moon you might miss out on a huge divvy because something won but the money spent chasing it will cut right into your winnings all the time and it will probably even out.

Have thrown My Ambivalent in a few trifectas and in an e/w bet, I quite like it.

Out in the yard now. Looks fit and bubbling with energy. A good sign that she has been targeted at the race and will be in the paddock afterwards.

Remove this Banner Ad

2014 Emirates Melbourne Cup Day discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back